Game Day Thread? Bills @ Steelers 8/19

EmotionallyUnstable

9 minutes ago, Ben said:

It wasnt that long ago that Dion Dawkins was one of the best players on the team and hes only 29, what the hell happened to him? Did we just over rate him?

Covid. H3 was in the ICU. Maybe he has long Covid and isn’t himself? Look at Jonathan Toews. It’s been like 3 years and he’s still not back to normal.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If the Bills want to keep Shorter as a 5th round draft pick, that means the final spot is between Shakir and Isabella... And honestly what is the argument for Shakir in that scenario, given what they've shown on the field this offseason?

he was Beane's pick Cant upstage the gm 

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

Just a pre-season game, but I am quickly starting to think the Bills have no shot at a 5th AFCE title. 

I truly hope this is just an anomaly. Please please please. Otherwise I won't be able to jump on the fire McBeane bandwagon fast enough. 

As someone else said, the Bills tend to have at least one shocker under McDermott per season - 54-24 at the Chargers, 47-3 at the Ravens/41-9 v the Bears, 31-13 v the Eagles, 42-16 at the Titans, 41-15 v the Colts, 27-10 v the Bengals.

I suppose we did lose 21-0 at the Panthers is our last pre season game in 2022 though, from memory, not even many of the seconds played in that one. Otherwise, never had a shocker in pre-season under him up to now. Maybe it's a good omen? Getting it out of the way.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I think it's more desperation. The whole team hinges on Josh being Superman and, because he has the physical talent to match, the expectation ratchets up again and again. Even when he gets little support from elsewhere.

I'm sure that is part of it too, but he has taken this team as far as he can. You can't convince me otherwise, that he is NOT the reason we have gone to the playoffs 4 years in a row, two 13-3 seasons, in the MVP race twice, all to be undone by coaches or defense or not fixing the issues that don't help us get past some of the nemesis teams. It's not even rational to put any of this on him. That's where I think the jealousy part plays in. He's becoming a star, the ladies love him and Burrow(TikTok is crazy for them) and he's got movies stars sliding in his DM's. It's stupid, but for few of his haters on here, I feel like that is part of it.

Josh is our only hope, and the only reason we "might" go places. It's how it's been the past three years. We rely on him to make miracles happen, and Diggs too, and they usually do and it makes it seem like things are fine, but they aren't. I wanted Beane to do a shakeup this offseason, but he chose to remain stagnant. I know this is a preseason game, but holy hell this was our starters vs theirs, and outside of Josh and Kincaid, it was just bad. I am concerned, and frustrated with Beane for not doing more.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If the Bills want to keep Shorter as a 5th round draft pick, that means the final spot is between Shakir and Isabella... And honestly what is the argument for Shakir in that scenario, given what they've shown on the field this offseason?

Doubtful. Shakir and Shorter will both be here. It's just a question of whether we short change another position and keep 7 to keep Isabella or not. 

We did keep 7 to start last season, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. 

Just now, HappyDays said:

Keep Isabella, then Shakir. Shorter doesn't even factor into the equation for me. A slow, underachieving college receiver who was highly unproductive does not inspire confidence to succeed at the NFL level

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Are you ok with the players like Dawkins looking out of shape and gassed in the first half? Or all of the oline penalties? The other team doesn't seem to have those problems. Its preseason for them too. 

NOPE. 

Thats on the players and S&C though.  

Not sure why that reflects on Dorsey. 

Sure staff should have them ready, but that seems more cerebral than on one man. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Are you ok with the players like Dawkins looking out of shape and gassed in the first half? Or all of the oline penalties? The other team doesn't seem to have those problems. Its preseason for them too. 

Not defending Dawkins play but every LT is huge and that involves having a belly 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Isabella is a ham and egger that offers nothing.

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Offensive coordinator. Coordinator of the offense.  Offensive line is part of the offense.

He still doesn't coach the o-line. That's why they have an offensive line coach who has to make the calls according to the plays called. 

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

Martin's punts have been bad tonight.  He's been kicking to the hashes instead of the numbers, and the Squeelers have taken advantage.

That's on purpose. They need to evaluate the special teamers. That's why all kicks have been brought out from 0-5 yards deep 

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Dorsey is not the o-line coach, he doesn't coach the o-line, smh

Dorsey Coordinates the entire offense, everything about the offense ends at Dorsey’s desk,  that’s why his title is Offensive Coordinator…, 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

He still doesn't coach the o-line. That's why they have an offensive line coach who has to make the calls according to the plays called. 

well, they either need to fire that coach or identify better players. Neither of which will happen in the next 2 weeks hence the line will suck again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.