YouTube TV - NFL Sunday Ticket question

Jerry Jabber

Since the NFL Sunday Ticket is now on YouTube instead of Direct TV, do we have to pay a subscription for YouTube TV and another subscription for the NFL Sunday Ticket or does YouTube offer the Sunday Ticket by itself? I would hate to have to pay for another streaming service just to watch the regular season games.

• Like (+1) 1

Does anyone know - can you share accounts ? Originally it seemed like they were going to let 2 ppl share account. I assumed my dad in Rochester and me in Philadelphia. And we’d split the cost. But now it’s not clear. Like YouTube wants you to get your own account?

3 minutes ago, balln said:

Does anyone know - can you share accounts ? Originally it seemed like they were going to let 2 ppl share account. I assumed my dad in Rochester and me in Philadelphia. And we’d split the cost. But now it’s not clear. Like YouTube wants you to get your own account?

Not 💯 sure but I think you’re allowed 3 devices at a time.  Should be good as long as you won’t have more than 3 apps running 

Just now, NewEra said:

Not 💯 sure but I think you’re allowed 3 devices at a time.  Should be good as long as you won’t have more than 3 apps running 

It’s not some BS thing either where I’d have to be in western Ny market? Like they’ll allow 3 devices in the same house 

Just now, Goin Breakdown said:

So much for cutting the cable when you have to pay for several streaming sites and then packages on top of that to watch sports. Had to know it was never about us saving money. 

yeah, we just “cut the cord” To buy another. Almost have to subscribe to YouTube TV to get the lower price for Sunday ticket.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Not sure I follow - why would you need to be in a specific market for sunday ticket?

If you live in buffalo or Rochester. Sunday ticket won’t show the games.

I live in Philly / Bal markets. And I would get the bills games with Sunday ticket.

but if my dads Sunday ticket account is based in Rochester maybe it would t work for me? If we shared it? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

So much for cutting the cable when you have to pay for several streaming sites and then packages on top of that to watch sports. Had to know it was never about us saving money. 

I'm saving a lot since switching from directv to youtube tv. Sunday ticket plus redzone $289. Directv was $395. youtube tv is $73..my directv bill was minimum $150 a month

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, balln said:

I live in Philly / Bal markets. And I would get the bills games with Sunday ticket.

but if my dads Sunday ticket account is based in Rochester maybe it would t work for me? If we shared it? 

Okay thanks I haven’t had it for a few years I totally forgot about the local affiliate stuff they have to follow.

17 minutes ago, nucci said:

I'm saving a lot since switching from directv to youtube tv. Sunday ticket plus redzone $289. Directv was $395. youtube tv is $73..my directv bill was minimum $150 a month

I probably hadn’t paid full-price for ticket from DTV for at least the last 10 years. The last few years I got it for free.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I probably hadn’t paid full-price for ticket from DTV for at least the last 10 years. The last few years I got it for free.

I did up until last season. Couldn't get any discounts. But the basic channel packages plus all the fees for the genie, dvr ...too costly

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

But I am broke 

sell some of the vicodin

• Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, nucci said:

We had a land line so we could have DSL . We also had DTV. 
  I got rid of the land line and Frontier DSL and DTV.  $200+ a month.

I already had three phones on a Verizon plan so I kept the phone plan, got the wireless internet. I got the Disney bundle and YouTube TV .

I easily saved $150 a month when all was said and done. 

Edited by Buffalo Boy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, balln said:

Lot of people travel for work and play so I'd imagine the availability of any game would be location at the time you select games to watch.  

49 minutes ago, balln said:

It’s not some BS thing either where I’d have to be in western Ny market? Like they’ll allow 3 devices in the same house 

I don’t know for sure, but I think it’s allowed.  People travel for work a lot.  One of the benefits of Yttv as cable is that it’s streamable anywhere 

59 minutes ago, balln said:

Legally, I'm sure the answer is no. Can you get away with, maybe. I have 2 houses so use the one account between them and YTTV is not too happy with me and have to answer questions about where I live.

5 minutes ago, nucci said:

They offered an early sign up in June. I got the ticket with redzone for $289. Not sure of the cost now

Me also. I’m wondering what the User Interface is going to look like. So far, nothing is being shown. So glad we play Monday week 1 allowing for Sunday to get the kinks worked out. 

1 hour ago, balln said:

Yes. 
https://support.google.com/youtubetv/answer/13316318#family&zippy=%2Ccan-i-share-nfl-sunday-ticket-with-my-family

• Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

What if they don't live in NY lol

So what... I live in Florida and haven't missed a game in over a decade. And I haven't paid a dime outside of normal internet monthly costs.  The games are sitting right there for all to see.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Back in 2012, when I cut the cord, basically everything you really needed, minus live sports was on Netflix.

Netflix used to be so insanely incredible and you could get movies in the mail also, so even if they didn't have what you wanted online you could get it delivered in two days basically.

Hulu would let you watch basically live shows the next day and YouTube had a bunch of stuff on it top that isn't there anymore, and network tv had really decent stuff too and you could get that in hd with a $15 set of rabbit ears (still can)... not sure that a 2012 cord cutter is necessarily an early adopter, but was still way ahead of the majority of people...then everyone started doing it and all the companies tried to get into streaming and now it sucks...Netflix used to basically have all the stuff that is now segmented.

I will say though that the ESPN bundle is amazing because you get all the sabres games for like $12 a month or whatever...worth mentioning I basically cut out all live sports from my life for a while other than the bills...

9 hours ago, Heathcliff said:

Me also. I’m wondering what the User Interface is going to look like. So far, nothing is being shown. So glad we play Monday week 1 allowing for Sunday to get the kinks worked out. 

The only thing I've read is multi view will be available up to 4 games at once but we won't be able to choose what games we can watch. 

I signed up for the Sunday ticket on You Tube in early June for the discount, but am not a You tube Tv customer. Does anyone know how I go in and watch the games when the season starts if you have purchased the Sunday ticket package but do not have You Tube Tv. Thanks for any help you can give me .Go Bills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.