Josh's commercials

DrDawkinstein

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Allen trying to be Gronk like a bank his contract $?

Well I think it gives him the freedom to choose whether he needs to be the top paid QB in league when he does win some SB's. He is investing in his family's farm.  Þhat ßecures future income for their full family however many they consider family.  If he takes the Brady hometeam discount route, he can trade salary for paying top oline which extends any qbs career if they are a ĺegit starter quality.  If he combines that with banking the rest of his nfl money, he likely earns  enough in interest from bank funds to maintain an a pretty decent lifestyle. 

The less hits he takes --- the real benefit is in later years when the player ages and the old injuries give reminders in bad weather.  I'm sure Josh will be able to tell when a heavy rain is gonna fall in any humid area around the break in his collarbone even if it was surgically repaired.  

So allowing money to be available for solid oline will extend his career and/or allow him to enjoy his years after football.  One reason Brsdy played well for 2 ďeçades is he took fewer hits.  Did take some but far less than many starting qbs.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

Don't YOU have anything better to do with YOUR TIME besides criticize successful, rich people ? Jealous?

You are making fun of literally every single person on this forum if that is your criticism of my post. We are all here to talk about these players. Read the room

6 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

he has that pretty little hollywood girlfriend so he's taking advantage of her connections

She has connections with Lays, Gillette, Verizon etc?

The commercials started last year, before the "pretty little Hollywood girlfriend" came along.

On 9/6/2023 at 3:31 PM, Draconator said:

Josh will be drinking more Gatorade and less alcohol. You all now can relax.

Supposedly a multi-million dollar deal. The dude has it made. Now just go win at least one ***** Superbowl dag nabbit!!! The only commercial I care to see him in, is where he says "I'm going to Disney World". 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Well I think it gives him the freedom to choose whether he needs to be the top paid QB in league when he does win some SB's. He is investing in his family's farm.  Þhat ßecures future income for their full family however many they consider family.  If he takes the Brady hometeam discount route, he can trade salary for paying top oline which extends any qbs career if they are a ĺegit starter quality.  If he combines that with banking the rest of his nfl money, he likely earns  enough in interest from bank funds to maintain an a pretty decent lifestyle. 

OK, after the $250 million contract he got, even if just plays out that contract and retires, he should be able to maintain a "decent lifestyle" for the rest of his life, and that's with NO product endorsement deals. Unless of course he's blowing money like a navy guy on shore leave in the Phillipines, and buying Lear jets and Lamborghinis and mansions.

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

OK, after the $250 million contract he got, even if just plays out that contract and retires, he should be able to maintain a "decent lifestyle" for the rest of his life, and that's with NO product endorsement deals. Unless of course he's blowing money like a navy guy on shore leave in the Phillipines, and buying Lear jets and Lamborghinis and mansions.

I don't see him doing that.  He got a house in CA which he likely let's members of his family use maybe even a sister living there working nearby that loc maybe is closer than the family farm in Firebaugh. That's just smart as u got a place to live after finished playing and he built his home in wny.  He can keep that as well as he maintains ties with other and the Patricia Allen Foundation. 

Edited by AuntieEm

27 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Yes, during tonight's game, Josh will be too distracted by the commercials he made in the Spring. No doubt he's rehearsing lines rather than studying tape. 

If you were dating Hailee Steinfield, you wouldn't be watching football tape either. 

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve had a lot of beer in Germany, never warm though. 

Well I haven't been in Germany since 1981 when I got stationed at Eglin afb  in FL. I was at Hahn ab in Germany and at least when I was there and hit some of the local bars there they often had beer on warmer side than what I was used to.  Not that I'm a big fan of beer I did love the Mosel white wines especially and hit wine fests any time I could. Over the past years maybe they  catered more to the American preferences in beer temp.

Edited by AuntieEm

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Well I haven't been in Germany since 1981 when I got stationed at Eglin afb  in FL. I was at Hahn ab in Germany and at least when I was there and hit some of the local bars there they often had beer on warmer side than what I was used to.  Not that I'm a big fan of beer I did love the Mosel white wines especially and hit wine fests any time I could. Over the past years maybe they  catered more to the American preferences in beer temp.

I go to Ramstein Air Base often and the surrounding areas and have never had a warm beer. I have been going back and forth to Europe (mostly Italy and Germany) since 1990 and rarely have had/seen warm beer.

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

I go to Ramstein Air Base often and the surrounding areas and have never had a warm beer. I have been going back and forth to Europe (mostly Italy and Germany) since 1990 and rarely have had/seen warm beer.

Musta been the local area to Hahn then as I don't generally search out beer as I don't really care for it cold or warm.  So I only did some required tasting of German beer to give it a fair shot.  Still go for white wine over beer.

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Yea I think Ramstein AB is only one left operational in that part of Germany. Maybe Bitburg is still open.  I saw online Hahn was closed as us base in mid 1990's.  Spangdahlem AB was also next to Bitburg.  Think Bitburg only one of the 3 still used as a Air Base for us.

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/31/2023 at 1:38 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Our boy is everywhere. So handsome.

So we lived in LA for 10 years and just moved back like 3 years ago. When this commercial popped on my wife says: "Hey look that's Josh!!" I looked at her with that confused face and said: "Yeah I know, his jersey is in our closet and he has been on our TV every time the Bills are on TV and I'm not at a game. I'm glad you knew this..."

She responded by calling me an idiot, the guy in the bushes with him, is also named Josh and he dog sat for us while we went to some concerts and when we got married, he lived in our apartment building...

It's a good laugh now, but I honestly thought she was a moron....

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is he too commercialized?

asking for a friend…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

20 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

Is this a real commercial that is made to not look like one? Or a sneak video? So hard to tell ha ha

You can kind of tell it is a commercial made not to look like one due to the focus on the arm in front. 

Only good video camera's (not phones from what I have seen) have a set focus area blurring out stuff in front of the object and in back.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.