Josh Jacobs is Leaving Las Vegas

BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

So because he didn't sign the tender, he's not eligible for those 50k per day fines right? But also if he gets hurt he's *****. He better be careful with his off field activities

That is correct. He can't be fined as he isn't technically under contract. And yes, Mr. Jacobs needs to avoid any time on jet skis for the foreseeable future.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

While Barkley has been talked about a ton it feels like the NFL rushing leader from last year being in the same situation has slipped through the cracks a bit. 

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

There's a song?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

So because he didn't sign the tender, he's not eligible for those 50k per day fines right? But also if he gets hurt he's *****. He better be careful with his off field activities

Dude better stay off jet skis. 

• Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Has anyone suggested we trade Gave Davis for him yet?

I think Beane should call the raiders and ask them what they would want in compensation for a trade. I think Jacobs would make Allen’s life a lot easier, especially if the coaching staff is telling him to settle down on running the ball himself. Murray and Harris are nice but are not consistent starters. And I’m not a fan of Cook until he proves differently 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

49 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Has anyone suggested we trade Gave Davis for him yet?

That would be a bad move . How many touches would Jacobs take away from Harris and Cook? That's not an efficient use of RBs.

And how much better would the production really be? Then you have even more questions at WR. 

All this assumes the Bills could trade for him and pay him what he wants.

1 hour ago, DCofNC said:

Yep, if he shows up for the first week, they have to pay him.

But the Raiders can also rescind the tag anytime before he would sign.  I highly doubt he would do that, but given the RB market right now, the franchise tag is a decent amount of money comparatively.  Once he signs, the contract is guaranteed, but he also would be subject to fines.

1 minute ago, Herb Nightly said:

That would be a bad move . How many touches would Jacobs take away from Harris and Cook? That's not an efficient use of RBs.

And how much better would the production really be? Then you have even more questions at WR. 

All this assumes the Bills could trade for him and pay him what he wants.

At that point, it would be Cook and Harris taking touches from Jacobs.  Jacobs is far and away better than either of them.  

But either way, I doubt a trade like that happens anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, cle23 said:

At that point, it would be Cook and Harris taking touches from Jacobs.  Jacobs is far and away better than either of them.  

But either way, I doubt a trade like that happens anyway.

Agree with this 110%.  A pipe dream at best.  Sign the tender and make MUCHO bucks......play for another team at vet minimum??  Not saying he wouldn't get more but the Tag is gonna be the most $$$.  And players looking for new teams go for the Moolah!!  As they should....

4 hours ago, TheElectricCompany72 said:

I think Beane should call the raiders and ask them what they would want in compensation for a trade. I think Jacobs would make Allen’s life a lot easier, especially if the coaching staff is telling him to settle down on running the ball himself. Murray and Harris are nice but are not consistent starters. And I’m not a fan of Cook until he proves differently 

Yeah - leading the league in yards per carry does warrant having to prove yourself. 

6 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

these guys picked the wrong era to be awesome running backs 

Jacobs I agree is awesome.  Barkley...not as much.

Anyway, this isn't really a depressed era for RTB pay.  When were they making a ton more per year?  2 guys in the league are making an AAV of over 12.5 million: CMC (a unique player) and Kamara.  The franchise tender for RB is about the same as TE.  Would any team rather have a top 5 TE or top5 RB? 

The problem is they are naive or not that bright.  Le'veon bell turned down 70 million/5 years from the Steelers because he wanted 17 mil per year.  Over the next 5 years before washing out, he made under 3o million and was in his last year taking only $180k to be on Tampa's roster.  Likewise, Barkley turned down a deal that would make him 13 million a year---over a 2 million dollar difference in guaranteed money!!!

Simply, these guys are too stupid for agents to control.

1 hour ago, ElMarko said:

Yeah - leading the league in yards per carry does warrant having to prove yourself. 

who?

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Anyway, this isn't really a depressed era for RTB pay.  When were they making a ton more per year?  2 guys in the league are making an AAV of over 12.5 million: CMC (a unique player) and Kamara.  The franchise tender for RB is about the same as TE.  Would any team rather have a top 5 TE or top5 RB? 

The problem is they are naive or not that bright.  Le'veon bell turned down 70 million/5 years from the Steelers because he wanted 17 mil per year.  Over the next 5 years before washing out, he made under 3o million and was in his last year taking only $180k to be on Tampa's roster.  Likewise, Barkley turned down a deal that would make him 13 million a year---over a 2 million dollar difference in guaranteed money!!!

who?

I know the number don’t show it, but I actually watch the games. While Jacobs is a good back, Barkley strikes me as twice as talented as him, and I don’t even think it’s debatable. Which tells me … that money should be spent on the offensive line.

• Agree 4

9 hours ago, TheElectricCompany72 said:

The tender is a smidge over $10M.

Likelihood of this happening approaches zero.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

who?

So you're saying Bell got offered $14m a year like 6 years ago, before the cap jumped a bunch, which is more than what Barkely was offered...I don't think you were trying to make Barkley's point for him were you?

Edit: obviously only the guaranteed money really matters, and I don't think those numbers are the guaranteed amount.

Edited by HardyBoy

Good for him.  The Raiders and Giants will suffer without them.  

The same folks slamming them over accepting their value in today's league will be crying about being "team players" next.  

Recently saw a lady in a faded Javon Walker jersey and that whole saga came back to me. Get your money, fellas.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Last year Mike Williams and Keenan Allen combined for 8 tds and roughly1650 yds receiving on 130 receptions. The EACH made $20 million. Jacobs: 393 total touches, 12 tds and over 2k total yards. Alone. 
I would be asking for $ based on touches. Heck his teammate Adams got $28 million for 100 receptions 1516 yards and 14 tds. Damn good, but $18 million better?

• Thank you (+1) 2

Accrued seasons: Used to determine a player's free agency status (unrestricted, restricted, exclusive rights). In order to accrue a season, a player must have been on (or should have been on*) full-play status for at least six regular-season games in a given season. A player under contract must report to his team's training camp on his mandatory reporting date in order to earn an accrued season. If player holds out his services for a "material period of time," he is also at risk of not accruing a season.

Players to receive the non-exclusive franchise tag in 2023: RB Saquon Barkley (Giants), TE Evan Engram (Jaguars), QB Lamar Jackson (Ravens), RB Josh Jacobs (Raiders), DT Daron Payne (Commanders), RB Tony Pollard (Cowboys).

2023 non-exclusive franchise tag salaries:

QB: $32.416 million

RB: $10.091 million

WR: $19.743 million

TE: $11.345 million

OL: $18.244 million

DE: $19.727 million

DT: $18.937 million

LB: $20.926 million

CB: $18.140 million

S: $14.460 million

K/P: $5.393 million

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I know the number don’t show it, but I actually watch the games. While Jacobs is a good back, Barkley strikes me as twice as talented as him, and I don’t even think it’s debatable. Which tells me … that money should be spent on the offensive line.

Agree with this. The Raiders’ offense is vastly superior to the Giants. Jacobs also seems like the type of back he will age poorly. 

11 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

I can't comment on what people say they see, but I have certainly already posted how Barkley is crucial to the Giants Offense--and therefore their success, such as it was, last year.  

9 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

I feel for the RBs. I do. A starting RB will touch the ball, on average, 3x as much as the #1 WR, but their value continues to depreciate while the other salaries around them escalate. 

If they touch the ball too much, teams will be afraid to pay them because they had “too many Carrie’s.” If they touch the ball enough, they won’t get paid big money because they didn’t “carry the load.”

• Agree 2

10 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

So you're saying Bell got offered $14m a year like 6 years ago, before the cap jumped a bunch, which is more than what Barkely was offered...I don't think you were trying to make Barkley's point for him were you?

Edit: obviously only the guaranteed money really matters, and I don't think those numbers are the guaranteed amount.

The point was that you take a long term deal--even if the guaranteed is not what you wanted.  Bell is the cautionary tale that Barkley isn't able to understand.

Those were the numbers.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The point was that you take a long term deal--even if the guaranteed is not what you wanted.  Bell is the cautionary tale that Barkley isn't able to understand.

Those were the numbers.

You were saying the value of RB contracts hadn't gone gone down, but then showed an example where Bell had a larger contract offer than Barkley six years later after the cap had gone up...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

When the Raiders didn't pick up his 5th year option this was laughably predictable. He had 3000 yards and 28 TDs in 3 seasons and Mcdanial's said they didn't pick up his option because they weren't sure his practice habits. Stupid.

Just goes to show that the "Patriot Way" of joyless football only works if the team is winning Superbowls.

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

You were saying the value of RB contracts hadn't gone gone down, but then showed an example where Bell had a larger contract offer than Barkley six years later after the cap had gone up...

The franchise tag has steadily increased. I've already pointed out that there are 2 RBs currently making a higher average annual than Barkley's ask......

Bell was offered a crazy good, overvalued deal.  He turned it down because he was stupid and overestimated his value compared to the market.  After that, everyone took notice (owners, GMs anyway).  Current RBs haven't learned this lesson.  For 2 million dollars over the life of a contract,  Barkley was saying "F-you" to his team and his teammates.  Instead, he's just signed a 1 year deal for 800k more than the franchise tag.

That's dumb. 

23 hours ago, TheElectricCompany72 said:

Absolutely no reason to tie up big money in any RB in today's NFL.  Murray and Harris along with Cook will be just fine.  

Isn't Ezekiel Elliott still unsigned?  I think the Cowboys learned their lesson on giving a RB a big second contract.  

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Absolutely no reason to tie up big money in any RB in today's NFL.  Murray and Harris along with Cook will be just fine.  

Isn't Ezekiel Elliott still unsigned?  I think the Cowboys learned their lesson on giving a RB a big second contract.  

Well technically like the Giants with Barkley the whole offense in Dallas ran through Elliott not Dak. So there was a reason he was given a second contract. Also Jacobs is a downhill 1600 yard rusher. That would take a ***** load of pressure off of Allen trying to win it all by himself

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.