Eat Crow: Your most embarrassing Bills opinions

Mikie2times

Wrong josh.....I will gladly eat that pie.

Ed oliver-   He hasnt been a complete bust, however I thought he would be the next Aaron donald.

Cj spiller.....I thought he was a cant miss pick and had our future rb for years to come.   Was ok getting rid of lynch

2010 - That a guy who had one good season in D1 after 2 OK seasons in JUCO, a 7th round pick with terrible route running skills, who after 2 seasons in Buffalo where he dressed for 16 games (only 5 in his second year) and recorded a whopping 12 catches for a 112 yards should be named the starter over former 2nd round pick and cut that season James Hardy.

When we traded up, I thought we were going for Khalil Mack, not Sammy Watkins.

I really thought we were drafting Bryant McKinnie at 4 overall, not Mike Williams.

I thought we were drafting Josh Rosen.  (Ultra wrong on that one)

I said I would own it back then, so here is as good a place as any:

I said that to save Draft capital, for the Bills to take Mason Rudolph in the 3rd Round because I thought with the players around him, he would good enough for the Bills to win playoff games. 

That said, I also believed he needed a year or two in the NFL and he was getting a little better until a concussion just ruined him. However, since he never (as of yet...what? there's still hope) lived up to my expectations and obviously Josh has, well ya know - been amazing since year 2 and outworked every other QB from that Draft - this is my bottomless pit take of a disaster. (humble bow and exit)

On 6/19/2023 at 12:31 AM, Mikie2times said:

I bought one yesterday 🙃

i was wondering if someone would chime in w a story about what they did to get a kiko alonso jersey in the stadium parking lot (remember that news article?)

On 6/19/2023 at 12:31 AM, Mikie2times said:

I bought one yesterday 🙃

i was wondering if someone would chime in w a story about what they did to get a kiko alonso jersey in the stadium parking lot (remember that news article?)

On 6/19/2023 at 4:03 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

My worst take ever I've shared here many times.   It was that the Bills didn't need to worry about scouting or maybe even trading back into round 1 for Aaron Rodgers because they already had a good prospect to develop in JP Losman.    Didn't seem like a big take at the time, and Rodgers had plenty of doubters but my take on the matter was just lazy.  Rodgers is a top 10 all-time kinda' passer.   But I didn't spend any real time evaluating him and mostly just lumped him in as just another Jeff Tedford product.  

I don't have many bad takes because I don't weigh in on that many topics.   It's easy to make statements about everything you have a first impression about but I don't do that.   If I have a strong opinion on it........it's probably because I have seen things that make that point pretty definitive.

I've told @GunnerBill many times that if he wants to be right more he needs to adopt that philosophy and say a lot less about peripheral topics.........but he's about where I was as a fan in the late 90's where I was following everything in both college and pro football all the time.  Totally engaged in it.  I still follow it very closely and more than a lot of people who consider themselves experts......but definitely not the same.   Example being the salary cap.   I don't bother knowing everyone's cap figures for the next 3 years because I feel the cap is a lot more malleable now.    There are just topics that I have come to realize where the juice isn't worth the squeeze.       

Sorry, I can't let this post go without comment.

In 2009, the Bills (in a rather lackluster draft)  used the 10th pick in round 2 on safety Jairus Byrd, who had 9 interceptions in his rookie season. Most Bills Fans had him destined for Canton. I even thought that he (a safety)was a great pick! 😃😮 

One poster on the board felt otherwise and that was you. You went as far as to say that most of his interceptions were due to lucky tips or even being out of position.  Well, guess who was "right?" Byrd finished the rest of his career (7 years) with 16 more total interceptions. He wound up being a so-so player. 

Remember how thrilled the board was when we hired Jauron? I do and you correctly claimed that he was a disaster, this after a strong (or at least decent) couple of seasons with the Bears. You said before he got here that he would have the Bills "play not to lose." Yes, Jauron was unthinkably bad.

So you were wrong about JP? Big deal. You were on the money with countless other takes and predictions (often going fully against the grain) and I wish that you would list some of them as well. Oh and keep those predictions coming!!!👍

• Thank you (+1) 1

I bought a flight to Phoenix, booked a rental car, bought a parking pass near State Farm Stadium, and booked a motel in Casa Grande for the Super Bowl last January.  By the 4th quarter of the Bengals game I was cancelling the flight (got a credit for a future flight-used most of it to book a flight to California later this year), rental car & motel reservation.  I ended up getting a credit from Groupon for the parking but since most of the stuff on Groupon is trash & I had spent $150 on the parking, I cashed the parking credit in for a refurbished I-Pad I never use & 50 AA batteries which might last long enough to end up in my estate.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 6/20/2023 at 11:54 AM, Peace Frog said:

I really thought we were drafting Bryant McKinnie at 4 overall, not Mike Williams.

I wanted McKinnie instead of Williams and every time Mike messed up in a home game I'd yell from my seat, "Should have drafted McKinnie,"

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

On 6/19/2023 at 9:18 PM, Orlando Tim said:

When the Bills signed Hughes and Dareus I was glad we signed Dareus and thought Hughes ripped us off. 

I agree with this, his best 3 games were his first 3. Marrone ruined him completely. He never was gonna be Josh good but could have been an effective pro.

Marrone saw how bad EJ was in practice and was more interested in protecting his own job and reputation than wasting any time on a bust.  I say instead of blaming Marrone for EJ's failure, blame the scouts who approved him as a first rounder when most other teams didn't. 

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/19/2023 at 4:28 AM, BillsNutHawaii said:

- We need to draft Ryan Leaf

- Donald Trump needs to buy the team (Well, I’m not ready to give in on that one yet - but I’m getting there).

ok, ok ! Frankly speaking, I’ve been mostly perfect with my Bills opinions, I’m just trying to come down to every one else’s level.

Note: For those who cannot identify sarcasm / slapstick humor, relax, we are just having a good time.

Bring up a good one with trump

one has to wonder if McDermott would have been here at 13 seconds with trump as the owner 

I thought we had two shut down corners when they brought in vintage davis

lasted a half 

57 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Marrone saw how bad EJ was in practice and was more interested in protecting his own job and reputation than wasting any time on a bust.  I say instead of blaming Marrone for EJ's failure, blame the scouts who approved him as a first rounder when most other teams didn't. 

Everyone wants to hate marrone but he was right pretty often about his team 

11 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Bring up a good one with trump

one has to wonder if McDermott would have been here at 13 seconds with trump as the owner 

I thought we had two shut down corners when they brought in vintage davis

lasted a half 

Everyone wants to hate marrone but he was right pretty often about his team 

Oh, I forgot that one!  I was a huge Doug Marrone fan, (I'm a big fan of Bill Parcells -that's why), no he wasn't perfect, but he is / was good!  Coach Marrone has the mental toughness the current Bills team is sorely lacking.  Imagine this:

- HC Doug Marrone with Josh Allen

- HC Sean McDermott with EJ Manual

Putting those comparisons in perspective could get a person to significantly change their opinions on each coach.

Further, 

Owner - Trump 

HC - Marrone

QB - Allen

I realize that will make some people gag, but I prefer the stronger personalities - now on to the "Trade Diggs" thread ...Bottom line - love the guy, I would go to war with him!

Edited by BillsNutHawaii
Add content
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2

2 hours ago, BillsNutHawaii said:

Oh, I forgot that one!  I was a huge Doug Marrone fan, (I'm a big fan of Bill Parcells -that's why), no he wasn't perfect, but he is / was good!  Coach Marrone has the mental toughness the current Bills team is sorely lacking.  Imagine this:

- HC Doug Marrone with Josh Allen

- HC Sean McDermott with EJ Manual

Putting those comparisons in perspective could get a person to significantly change their opinions on each coach.

Further, 

Owner - Trump 

HC - Marrone

QB - Allen

I realize that will make some people gag, but I prefer the stronger personalities - now on to the "Trade Diggs" thread ...Bottom line - love the guy, I would go to war with him!

That’s a tough organization that everyone hates to compete against 

When the Bills first drafted Willis McGahee, I almost swallowed my hard candy. I thought he was going to be our next OJ Simpson, for those of you who have been around long enough to have seen him play. Was I wrong.

On 6/18/2023 at 11:36 PM, Mikie2times said:

I liked the Rex Ryan hire 

Stevie Watkins was a rare talent 

James Hardy was the big receiver we needed

Should have drafted Rosen 

Ed Oliver was a bad draft pick…oh wait, I was right about that one 🤣

• Disagree 1

I got an Antwan Smith rookie autograph card (I sent him a letter) as a young kid. I wanted so bad for him to be the next best thing at rb for us. I talked him up to my friends saying he would be stud. Granted this was 5th grade me. 

More recently like a few others here, I thought for sure Trent Edwards and the team were legit when they were off to that hot start. I was talking up the team big time to my friends/family who are all Seahawks fans. My best friend (a big football Seahawks fan) didn’t believe the hype and I tried to convince him otherwise. I also thought Trent would find a way out of his Trentative shell 🤦‍♂️

Thanks God I can finally talk about the Bills in the same breath (or better) than my Seahawks friends/family. It feels good having a seat at the table in regards to being a fan of a truly competitive team with a shot to win it all. 

On 6/18/2023 at 11:36 PM, Mikie2times said:

I liked the Rex Ryan hire 

Stevie Watkins was a rare talent 

James Hardy was the big receiver we needed

Should have drafted Rosen 

Yep that’s my biggest one by far. Can’t be any happier to be that wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.