Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

It's not the squib kick itself  - it is everything surrounding it...

The assistants who have voluntarily left for lateral positions with other teams (Farwell, Chad Hall) or the strange Frazier move (I was in favor of), or even the report last year that Daboll wanted out regardless if he got an HC job or not. Lack of accountability to players but yet demanding it from them.

Once 2022 people within OBD were voicing displeasure regarding him.

When one is asked what it’s like to work with him as a boss, he chooses not to answer.

“If I have anything bad to say, I’d rather say it to his face. Read into that as you may.”

There are a lot of questions around McD. The standards have changed since he was hired. He’s a good coach. But I’m not sure if he can get us to a SB parade. I sure hope he does.

I have watched the Pegulas take 12 years to turn the Sabres around (hopefully). Because of that and the fact that I think more coaches are worse than McD than are better than him, replacing him is terrifying. 

• Agree 2

43 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I know what he said.

My point is Wawrow moved on because he wanted to.  That thread was nothing particularly abusive of him or out of the way, and I’d know, for reals.

Right @Warriorspikes51........because Beck Water is former moderator Happless Bills fan.    The mod who issued 90% of the boards hater points in it's entire history in just a handful of years.    She tried to hide in plain sight as Beck.......but it didn't work.    Wawrow wouldn't hide well either.   Too obvious.   

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Right, but that's fan opinion.  Is it true, is it not true?  The fans on this board and the WGR call-ins don't know. There's probably a certain element of truth in that pro football is a performance-based business.

While I loved what Ty Dunne wrote while he was with TBN, it should be noted that he's  now trying to make a living now with his own subscription website.

And one way to solicit subscriptions is to generate controversy and clicks.  Towards that end, he initially featured disgruntled former Bills director of player personnel Jim Monos in a bunch of his early podcasts and writings.  Just bear in mind that generating controversy and clicks is how he has to do business now.

I think it's notable that, regarding accountability, former Bill 'Zo Alexander said basically, that for certain, "the players know...the players will handle it."  I think a person can second-guess the apparent decision to not throw some players or coaches under the bus to the whole team, or take more blame himself in a different way.  It's seldom been McDermott's MO to throw someone under the bus publicly.

I don't think Heath Farwell left voluntarily.  I think he was "voluntold".  Perhaps Farwell should have spent less time arguing for a squib kick with McDermott and more time getting his people lined up?

I'm quite certain McDermott had input into the final defensive play calls.

There were a number of other players who the team quietly moved on from, including Levi Wallace.  Wallace, in case one missed it, basically admitted in an interview after joining the Pittsburgh Steelers that he had lined up out of position and didn't use his usual cues of looking to one of the safeties to check where he should align.

I think if you look around the league, McDermott has not cycled through an unusual number of assistant coaches. 

It's hardly news that people in the organization would voice displeasure towards the HC after a dispiriting loss.

McD is 6th longest tenured HC in the league. Of course he runs through a lot of assistants. Also Pete, BB, and the Walrus won’t be doing this forever. He could quickly find himself at number 3.

Sean McVay is 7th which is crazy because he’s still one of the youngest coaches in the league. 

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think we can all agree that if the Bills win the Super Bowl this year, Quentin Tarantino would be the best director for the film.

Josh Allen played by Chris Pratt?

Diggs…Michael B Jordan?

McDermott…Danny Bonaduce.  You know how Tarantino likes to bring back random old stars like Don Johnson.

No

Director- mel brooks

Diggs is Hannibal burress

Allen is Tim Robinson

McDermott is Zach galifianakis

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

McD is 6th longest tenured HC in the league. Of course he runs through a lot of assistants. Also Pete, BB, and the Walrus won’t be doing this forever. He could quickly find himself at number 3.

Sean McVay is 7th which is crazy because he’s still one of the youngest coaches in the league. 

Reid says he's sticking around for Pat's entire career, he doesn't want to let anyone else have him. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Nah, it's not a new allegation.  It was all over the Josh Britt breakup rumors thread.

😯🤔🤨
yes, Josh knockin’ up a barmaid and Brittney leaving him are all over the rumor threads. That the barmaid was Diggs’ (ex)gf is news. 
Not sure how you could have missed that part. But you’re typically pretty insightful so I’ll give you a pass on that one.

2 hours ago, What a Tuel said:

Oh no guys, all the Bills aren't showing up to the 3rd day of mandatory minicamp! this is super duper serious! How will they ever be prepared!?!

I blame Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He may have requested it but he's getting Bill Burr.

9 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Sean requested Jason Statham

I found the perfect guy.  Jason Alexander....natural clapping technique.  

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

No

Director- mel brooks

Diggs is Hannibal burress

Allen is Tim Robinson

McDermott is Zach galifianakis

Is Tim Robinson the baby of Tim Duncan and David Robinson?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, StHustle said:

This past wild Buffalo winter was the last straw. Off to Florida they go. Makes a ton of sense.

Again, it's plausible.  Hall was well-regarded so to make a lateral move and not be promoted suggests it was something other than performance or a desire to be promoted.  And remember that Mike Shanahan's wife didn't want to be in Buffalo.

18 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That info (that Daboll wanted out of Buffalo and away from McDermott) came from the Giants director of player personnel, Tim McDonnel. About a week before they interviewed Daboll.

As far as leaked information goes, that is about as credible as it gets. People in league circles talk.

DFB3-B3-AC-D5-FB-46-AC-A35-C-76-C2-C0-B2

It was one person, whose team was looking to, and did, hire him.  Not much credence can be placed in it.

And I can't view the image you linked.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was one person, whose team was looking to, and did, hire him.  Not much credence can be placed in it.

If an NFL teams director of personnel, that is actively talking to numerous coaches in an effort to find someone, is not a credible source for information on what coaches are interested in moving on from their current team, then the only source you’re likely to accept as credible is Daboll himself.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, Mango said:

There are a lot of questions around McD. The standards have changed since he was hired. He’s a good coach. But I’m not sure if he can get us to a SB parade. I sure hope he does.

I have watched the Pegulas take 12 years to turn the Sabres around (hopefully). Because of that and the fact that I think more coaches are worse than McD than are better than him, replacing him is terrifying. 

I'm not a daboll fan boy either,  he had real stinkers as well. Something happens to this team in the middle part of the year,  every year where it's real hard for the offense and then one of the units collapses in the playoffs.  To me I just see that as an inability to quickly adjust when the defense figures or how to stop us and a mental aspect where we struggle in big spots...

13 hours ago, Einstein said:

Thank you for saying this.

Done.

As a member of the Doesn't Know When To Quit Club, I felt like it was needed!

You're welcome!

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

😯🤔🤨
yes, Josh knockin’ up a barmaid and Brittney leaving him are all over the rumor threads. That the barmaid was Diggs’ (ex)gf is news. 
Not sure how you could have missed that part. But you’re typically pretty insightful so I’ll give you a pass on that one.

I blame Diggs.

I blame Josh and his Hide the Wild Pickle Adventure from the bar to the boudoir 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

😯🤔🤨

I blame Diggs.

Yeah, you're right, that one seems to be new.

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

If an NFL teams director of personnel, that is actively talking to numerous coaches in an effort to find someone, is not a credible source for information on what coaches are interested in moving on from their current team, then the only source you’re likely to accept as credible is Daboll himself.

Anyone can make a claim.  I'd need to see more people making this claim and from people who didn't totally botch the HC hiring process like the Giants did.

As for Daboll, what was he unhappy about and where was he going to go as OC if he left the Bills?  He was a failed OC until Josh developed, mostly thanks to his own efforts.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Everyone knows Daboll was looking to move on from his current team - as a HC. 

It's entirely plausible that there was conflict with McDermott - McDermott pretty much made that clear in pressers at times.  I believe at the time this came out, an NFL executive was quoted as saying "that's not uncommon".

When it shows up as part of a recruiting pitch made to a HC candidate as part of a lawsuit about "sham" interviews, why do you find it credible as evidence that Daboll was actually looking to make a lateral move?  It's not that the director of pro personnel wouldn't be plugged in and have sources, it's the context of what was said when and to whom.

Edit: to anyone sensible and wanting actual discussion to whom this isn't clear: recruiters can be known to play a little fast and loose with the truth in the cause of landing their guy.  If McDonnell, the Giants co-director of player personnel  (not director of personnel) was trying to persuade Flores to come on a sham interview for HC thus helping them look like they're seriously considering several minority candidates (but Flores isn't someone they actually would hire), McDonnell can say what he likes because he stands ZERO chance of being asked to deliver on those "mights" about recruiting Daboll as Flores OC. 

And even if they were serious about considering Flores - "might be interested" "might be able to get out" is hardly definitive proof that Daboll was seriously looking at lateral positions.  And McDonnell is well protected by all those "mights": "Never said he was looking for a lateral move, only thought he MIGHT be, seems he wasn't."

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Right @Warriorspikes51........because Beck Water is former moderator Happless Bills fan.    The mod who issued 90% of the boards hater points in it's entire history in just a handful of years.    She tried to hide in plain sight as Beck.......but it didn't work.    Wawrow wouldn't hide well either.   Too obvious.   

You simply can never resist taking a shot, which is why I must defer to your intimate familiarity with "hater points".  You would, indeed, know all about that!

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

When it shows up as part of a recruiting pitch made to a HC candidate as part of a lawsuit 

I don’t follow how that makes sense?

The Giants would be telling Flores, who is interviewing for their job, bogus information about ANOTHER candidate wanting to leave Buffalo?

It just doesn’t fit.

10 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I don’t follow how that makes sense?

The Giants would be telling Flores, who is interviewing for their job, bogus information about ANOTHER candidate wanting to leave Buffalo?

It just doesn’t fit.

Good point.  It's not like they'd do, say, a bogus interview with him...

Edited by Doc

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Good point.  It's not like they'd do, say, a bogus interview with him...

How is that relevant to what I wrote?

24 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Of course you don't

It can't be explained. Because it makes no sense.

flows52.jpg

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

How is that relevant to what I wrote?

Huh?  How is being duplicitous with a sham interview relevant to making claim about Daboll wanting to leave even for a lateral move?  Gee, I don't know...

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc said:

Huh?  How is being duplicitous with a sham interview relevant to making claim about Daboll wanting to leave even for a lateral move?  Gee, I don't know...

The Daboll information was sent to Flores before the Giants ever interviewed Daboll.

So in your mind, the Giants had already decided they wanted to hire Daboll before ever interviewing him, and therefore decided to conduct a sham interview with Flores, and part of their scheme to conduct this sham interview with Flores, they pretended that Daboll (who they already decided to hire before ever interviewing him) would be open to making a lateral move that he wasn't actually willing to make?

That makes sense to you?

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

It is not CIA level, but there was definitely a cover up.

Diggs was not excused.

welllllll you kinda reacted like it.  you even made the cute picture with PSE and homers.  i like your pictures.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.