Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

If PSE has million number of fans i am one of them πŸ™‹πŸ». if PSE has ten fans i am one of them. if PSE have only one fan and that is me πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸ½πŸ™‹πŸΎ. if PSE has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth 😒. if world against the PSE, i am against the world βŒπŸŒβ˜„οΈ. i love #PSE till my last breath.. 😍 .. Die Hard fan of PSE πŸ€“πŸŒΉ. Hit Like If you Think PSE Best player & Smart In the world 🀠

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Β 

Then McD completely botched the press conference yesterday. Stress of the dual role and being on the warm seat already getting to him?

Β 

Β 

He's just not good at damage control.Β  Hopefully over time this works out and Sean doesn't have to deal with this....Beane would handle it better but the media would want to hear from the HC as well.Β  Even if Stef and Allen never never fully amend their relationship off the field, as long as they can co-exist on the field, that's all I care about.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

If PSE has million number of fans i am one of them πŸ™‹πŸ». if PSE has ten fans i am one of them. if PSE have only one fan and that is me πŸ™‹πŸΌπŸ™‹πŸ½πŸ™‹πŸΎ. if PSE has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth 😒. if world against the PSE, i am against the world βŒπŸŒβ˜„οΈ. i love #PSE till my last breath.. 😍 .. Die Hard fan of PSE πŸ€“πŸŒΉ. Hit Like If you Think PSE Best player & Smart In the world 🀠

Lol que?

5 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Β 

Oh, so now he excused him from practice yesterday? Hilarious.

Β 

Sounds like Beane or Pegula put McDermott in his place for what he said yesterday and told him "you better fix it".

The P/R department got a hold of McDermott and apparently this is how they decided to handle it. Β That's hilarious as it's quite obviously a lie. Β I guess they assume their fanbase are a bunch of idiots.

Β 

Β 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Β 

He's just not good at damage control.Β  Hopefully over time this works out and Sean doesn't have to deal with this....Beane would handle it better but the media would want to hear from the HC as well.Β  Even if Stef and Allen never never fully amend their relationship off the field, as long as they can co-exist on the field, that's all I care about.

Β 

McD's EQ (tested) is one of his best qualities as a coach, but sometimes I think he is too sensitive for the NFL. I think he was still a little raw from the morning discussions with Stef and let himself get a little snippy by providing a short answer instead of taking the Belichick path and simply saying "no" and shutting it down, or explaining himself better like he did today "It's a concern when any player misses practice".

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Β 

Then McD completely botched the press conference yesterday. Stress of the dual role and being on the warm seat already getting to him?

Β 

Β 

I wouldn't say botched...any HC is going to be concerned when one of the most important players is not on the field for a mandatory event. Β I don't think there is anything McD did wrong, he was probably frustrated that what ever it was had not been handled so he could be on the field for this short mini camp yet. Β 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

If I had to speculate, Diggs has an issue with the coaching staff. Perhaps it is with Dorsey or the fact the WR coach got scapegoated. Either way seems like he wasn't satisfied with what McD was saying yesterday.Β  Maybe Diggs challenged McDs authority and they needed some time to cool down.Β 

Β 

Win game 1 and none of this matters.Β 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Β 

Β 

Looking at what was said through the lens of being concerned for a player whom he excused from practice I now interpret his comment as trying to show his concern FOR Stefon and not ABOUT Stefon. If it is true he excused Stefon then this was botched, but I don't think it was intentional. I know I've made comments in my life that I meant to be supportive but were received as the opposite because I communicated poorly, my hope and belief is that this was the case here.Β 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The P/R department got a hold of McDermott and apparently this is how they decided to handle it. Β That's hilarious as it's quite obviously a lie. Β I guess they assume their fanbase are a bunch of idiots.

Β 

Β 

Β 

So you'd rather believe Beane, Pegula, and now McD are all liars as opposed to McD simply mishandling his answer yesterday.

Β 

Β 

• Thank you (+1) 6

1 hour ago, Success said:

This was a nothing burger.

Β 

McD should have been more careful w/ his words to the press.Β  That kind of fueled the frenzy we saw in the past 24 hours.

Β 

Hey Success! This isn’t a combative post, I love your takes and thoughts. This is a thought on the other side of the coin.

Β 

While I agree that a leader of an organization needs to be careful about what they say, I believe this has more to do with us humans assuming way too much and not letting the process play out (I do get that there’s been concern for awhile about Diggs though).

Β 

Just in the last 24 hours, here are some takes on the possible reason Diggs didn’t show up for oneΒ day of mandatory minicamp (not saying you're saying any of this):

-Mad at JA because of the Cinci game because JA was off and barely threw to him

-Mad at JA because of the Cinci game because of girlfriend issues

-Mad at Dorsey because of the Cinci game

-Mad at Dorsey because of the 2nd half of 2022

-Mad at how the Chad Hall situation was handled

-Doesn’t like the 2023 playbook

-JA did him wrong because of a supposed ex

-JA did him wrong because of Diggs’ friend’s ex

-Envious over the rep JA has because he feels he should have that rep instead of JA

-Mad at Beane because no Hopkins

• Agree 1

Β 

So you'd rather believe Beane, Pegula, and now McD are all liars as opposed to McD simply mishandling his answer yesterday.

Β 

Β 

He said he was β€œvery concerned” that’s not something you just say unintentionallyΒ 

• Eyeroll 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yes. Β This is 100% PR spin. Β What do you do for a living? Β What experience do you have with this sort of thing?

Β 

IT's kind of obvious.

Β 

Yesterday Mcdermott was "very concerned" about Digg's absence because.....he excused him from practice?

Β 

And he...ugh....forgot?

Β 

Don't be a gullible idiot.

Β 

Β 

• Agree 1

Stefon was pissed about something and they had a heated argument behind doors.

Β 

It got to the point where atleast one of them had to cool off for a day, and so stefon left to get some fresh air with the blessing of mcd.

Β 

Thats what it seems happened to me atleast, what the subject matter is, who really knows?

Edited by GETTOTHE50
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Β 

I wouldn't say botched...any HC is going to be concerned when one of the most important players is not on the field for a mandatory event. Β I don't think there is anything McD did wrong, he was probably frustrated that what ever it was had not been handled so he could be on the field for this short mini camp yet. Β 

Wasn't he asked if he was concerned? I mean there was no right answer there, if we don't know why Diggs didn't show up it's hard to say either way. What exactly is Mcdermot supposed to do there to prevent an issue, Diggs was the only guy to not be there, it was going to be a thing.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

"it got to the point where we needed a break" = it was starting to or wasΒ  heatedΒ 

That’s the takeaway. There’s still some kind of issue. Now they’re just pushing it beneath the surface (for now) and trying to curtail the singular accusations against Diggs.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Β 

Β 

He was totally right for being "concerned" with the absence. Plenty of us read it that way yesterday, that he would be concerned about any player missing a practice.

Β 

But his failure to elaborate or clarify was a botch job.

Β 

That said, the only true fallout from the "botch" was chicken little fan panic, so really no harm. And if it was enough to get Stef back in and working, good on McD. I'm just not convinced he was playing that 4D chess.

• Like (+1) 3

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

The ignore list is your friend. I think mine's up to 3 pages, but it's like 15 years old so most of them are probably inactive by now.Β 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

"it got to the point where we needed a break" = it was starting to or wasΒ  heatedΒ 

Or it could have been just emotionally exhausting.Β  Diggs is an emotional player.Β  Likely he expressed a lot during their conversations and McD wisely let him deal with those emotions privately.Β  I thought I heard McD say they got back together later in the day, or did I mishear that?

Just now, Einstein said:

Β 

The funny (or sad) part is that there is no shortage of posters who don’t realize the Bills are lying directly to their face.Β 

Β 

Β 

Honestly, who cares? So what? It doesnt change my day or my life AT ALL. Nothing that happened yesterday matters to me directly. Nothing they say today affects any one of us personally.

Β 

I didnt care that much yesterday through all your hysterics. I dont care today. Get on the field and play. Those of us who were Bills fans through the 80s know that all that matters is what happens on the field and this team has the talent to win.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, BillzFreak said:

Because football is an emotional game. Players aren't always going to agree on everything with each other, or for that fact coaching. We have no clue what the issue is and or was. It's pure speculation and let's be honest the BIlls have as good as a chance as anyone to win. As much as you might not think so it's the truth. And if Steph is all in on winning a superbowl he will show up and ball out. So yes can there be issues, of course there can be, but to assume that players can't put differences aside and go out and play and win then that's where I think you are off base here.

Not convincing whatsoever. I'm not pulling my negativity out of the blue.Β 

Β 

Diggs by all accounts is emotional and I think its safe to say reacts childlike.Β 

Β 

We have a narrative in Minn. that played out. Sure it's possible things in Buffalo can be different.Β 

Β 

The history of Diggs coupled with his selfishness and maturity level make it more probable trouble will continue to brew.Β 

Β 

That's the way I see it. Feel free to disagree.Β 

• Disagree 2

3 minutes ago, Bills Bud said:

He said he was β€œvery concerned” that’s not something you just say unintentionallyΒ 

Well to be fair the question was "How Concerned are you?" And he just responded with "very". So the question kinda led him to say that

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Β 

The funny (or sad) part is that there is no shortage of posters who don’t realize the Bills are lying directly to their face.Β 

Β 

Β 

Your username keeps getting more ironic with every post you make in this thread

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.