RD 2, Pick 59: G O’Cyrus Torrence, Florida

SDS

1 minute ago, Turk71 said:

I was thinking the same thing, Jones is 6'8" 375 lbs and only gave up like 5 pressures no sacks no hits on 479 pass plays in the Big 10 last year. I wanted him to replace Brown. He and Torrence on the right side would have been scary

There has to be a reason why teams were passing on him. I think he showed up 400 pounds and he scared teams off.

But in the later rounds he would’ve been worth the gamble

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

There has to be a reason why teams were passing on him. I think he showed up 400 pounds and he scared teams off.

Character and work ethnic [sic] concerns, allegedly.  I would have grabbed him at 1fiddy.

12 hours ago, stevewin said:

Road grater 71szvVmIWfL._AC_SY879_.jpg

You beat me to it bro, but I was thinking this:  

17517554_508abb511d.jpg

7 hours ago, Since1981 said:

Yes. The mgt sometimes has over covet a flexible OL positions but kudos for mgt to just wake, realize a guy that does one thing well and for years. 

I’m guessing but he’s the highest drafted pure OG by the Bills since Rueben Brown?

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

10 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

agreed. Very excited about this pick. If we had gotten a massive OT to put next to him I would have been over the moon.

If 6’8 375 Dawand Jones becomes an All Pro like he could, we’ll have to live with taking another undersized LB in the 3rd over him.

Dang, would have loved seeing him and Cyborg next to each other

can you imagine designed runs with Josh behind those 2? Oh man 1,000 lbs coming downhill at you like boulders

First off, that's a big if. There are reasons why Jones dropped to where he did. Bailing on the Senior Bowl after 1 practice. Not doing anything at his pro day. Screams lazy and or entitled to me. 

Also, that undersized LB is actually listed bigger than Milano. Don't hear anyone complaining about Cookie's size. Same size or bigger than many of the top tier LBs in the NFL. 

The difference between Williams and Jones as football players? One works hard and has some good upside. The other may have leveled off and doesn't seem like the type that will put in the hard work to get to the next steps. 

• Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Hopefully they learned their lesson with Cody and keep him focused on guard only. 

Ford was a college tackle.  Its not crazy to see if a college tackle can play tackle at the pro level and kick him inside if not.  Torrence has only ever played guard.  They are not going to be trying him out at RT.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I’m guessing but he’s the highest drafted pure OG by the Bills since Rueben Brown?

5 hours ago, freddyjj said:

Good guess but Andy Levitre was taken with pick 51 in 2009 draft. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He was an OT in college.

So was Ruben Brown!  There was even speculation (for years) that we were going to move him from LG to LT at some point.  Some people thought we'd swap him and John Fina (then the LT, but thought to be better at G), but it never happened.

Anyway, if Levitre doesn't count as a pure OG, neither should Brown.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cash said:

So was Ruben Brown!  There was even speculation (for years) that we were going to move him from LG to LT at some point.  Some people thought we'd swap him and John Fina (then the LT, but thought to be better at G), but it never happened.

Didn’t know that. Levitre was built like a OG but he was LT/RT throughout college. So basically Torrence is the highest drafted pure OG in a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

a memorable draft, we good Wood then

Memorable, but ultimately a really dumb draft.   Maybin and a bunch of low hanging fruit at non-premium positions that you can't pay market rate to if you haven't developed your own talent at premium positions.   Good example of going broke making a profit.   If your second round pick pans out big.......like Byrd becoming an All Pro or Levitre becoming a standout OG.......and you don't have adequate replacements but still don't feel like you NEED to keep those guys........you drafted the wrong guy/position.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Cash said:

Speaking of Mr Brown, is it true O’Cyrus did not have a single penalty all last year? 

Huh, I wonder where that random thought came from.  🤷‍♂️

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Memorable, but ultimately a really dumb draft.   Maybin and a bunch of low hanging fruit at non-premium positions that you can't pay market rate to if you haven't developed your own talent at premium positions.   Good example of going broke making a profit.   If your second round pick pans out big.......like Byrd becoming an All Pro or Levitre becoming a standout OG.......and you don't have adequate replacements but still don't feel like you NEED to keep those guys........you drafted the wrong guy/position.   

Well we got wood because of levitre

17 minutes ago, TBBills Fan said:

Well we got wood because of levitre

Yeah there was another ***** on that line too.   That opening day OL was the least experienced non-strike offensive line to start an NFL game since the merger.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

That's what I was thinking, I was fine when we rolled the dice on seantrel Henderson and would have been fine with this risk too 

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Levitre got walked 5 yards back by a DT on his 1st preseason snap of his career. Fans labeled him a bust from that moment on.

Levitre was actually a good player.

A very good player.

One year due to an injury to one of our tackles (Demetrus Bell or Erik Pears or one of those stiffs) Levitre started a few games at tackle and it was clear he was the best tackle on the team.

He later signed that nice fat free agent contract with Tennessee.

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

The double-edged sword of his flat feet makes him impossible to get around when he plants them and explodes. But he’s not very nimble..

He’s not a guy that you’re going to see running down the field leading blocking on a screen but I think he has pretty good foot work and feet for phone booth type work

What I found kind of amusing was, I’ve seen highlights of other players at Florida, where you get glimpses of Osiris Torrance, and it always looks like he’s smashing somebody and those videos he really was a dominant player in college

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There is a Flag on the Play

2 fouls by the offense 

1. Intentional grounding by # 64

2. Hit on a defenseless DLINEMAN.  

Penalty has been declined because the DLINE is embarrassed.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 5/1/2023 at 6:39 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Levitre got walked 5 yards back by a DT on his 1st preseason snap of his career. Fans labeled him a bust from that moment on. Levitre was actually a good player.

I remember that play!  DT had the palm of his hand planted on Levitre's chin.  I posted something to the effect that there's a reason why a hand to the face is illegal.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BBills_88 said:

There is a Flag on the Play

2 fouls by the offense 

1. Intentional grounding by # 64

2. Hit on a defenseless DLINEMAN.  

Penalty has been declined because the DLINE is embarrassed.

Heck I'd be fine with getting that penalty on an olineman, much better than some false starts or holding that nullifies a big gain.

Edited by AuntieEm

On 5/1/2023 at 9:02 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah there was another ***** on that line too.   That opening day OL was the least experienced non-strike offensive line to start an NFL game since the merger.

Yeah... but their Wang was huge

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I don’t see this as a problem I think that you should thank the Lord for his blessings

I think my biggest concern with him is his weight. He dropped 17 lbs to get down to 330 LBS? That concerns me over time. Is he one of “those guys”? 

On the flip side, he doesn’t give up sacks and went all year without a penalty. That sounds like a disciplined guy, and that is encouraging. Let us hope this is a pick we are rejoicing over a decade from now. 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.