RD 1, Pick 25: TE Dalton Kincaid, Utah

SDS

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

I don't see kindcaid and knox as competing for TE1 at all.  Knox will play TE1 and Kincaid will line up in the slot on 1TE sets.  and kincaid will move over to TE2 in two tight end sets.   Kindcaids flexibiliytin this regard gives him a McCafferty-like confusion to the defense about what the offense is planning. Defense simply can't judge based on personnel in the huddle when you have a guy like that. 

This is what I’ve been a hoping for.  More 12 personnel.  Becoming more scheme flexible- more variety- keeping the opposition guessing but never knowing-  

He’s a tremendous chess piece and has some of the best hands ever.  While he gets ripped for his blocking as TE- he’s one helluva blocking slot WR.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I lived in Victor Idaho population like 300 lol

They had a chokehold on everything there. If you did not go to their church, you could not get a job they control the schools they control city government police department everything.

As far as places out west go, Victor Idaho is one of them. At least there's Grand Teton Brewery and a road that takes you to Broulim's.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

While he gets ripped for his blocking as TE- he’s one helluva blocking slot WR.

He could just stand there and be better than Beasley...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Kincaid is going to make defenses make hard decisions … the offense will now dictate what the defense does 

whether he is flexed out wide, in the slot , or in line defenses are going to have to make a decision 

do I treat him like a TE and go big? Now potentially letting him run right by   LBrs and out savvy safeties ?

or…. Do I treat him like a WR, put another DB on the field … and let him now beat up a 5’11 slot corner in man to man … he will get leverage on most in that spot 

a man to man nightmare because defenses need to declare intentions … he is too fast for LBrs, to fluid and savvy for safeties and too big for corners 

A++

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He didn’t have socks on though. What type of person doesn’t wear socks when they meet someone?

Rex Ryan???   🤷‍♂️

That’s how he hits on you, and why so many people pull a hammy trying to get away. 

• Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He didn’t have socks on though. What type of person doesn’t wear socks when they meet someone?

Seriously your worried about THAT? SMH!  He pry didn't have any underwear on either lol

Edited by Mike in Horseheads

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Now you're saying to the defense, "We may be two TE with a good running back, or we may have Kincaid in the slot or we may be five wide

Put Shorter on the Field instead of Davis, and you can run a 1960's green bay style sweep with Josh playing Paul Hornung. 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

While he gets ripped for his blocking as TE- he’s one helluva blocking slot WR.

Bold added by me. The bolded part is a "BINGO"

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

That's interesting and makes sense to me.  Thanks.   Actually, it's better than that, if Cook's on the field with Kincaid.  Now you're saying to the defense, "We may be two TE with a good running back, or we may have Kincaid in the slot or we may be five wide.  Which personnel do you want on the field, and which defense do you want to play?"  And by the way, that's the way Kincaid's presence, if he can be what we think, can be more valuable than just his numbers.   That shows why he doesn't have to be Kelce to be great for the Bills.

I really wasn't talking about whether Knox would be 1 or 2 positionally.  I was talking about productivity in the offense, which is where I think Kincaid could surpass Knox.  

Man, for the first time I'm getting a sense of how dangerous this offense could be.   Cook and Murray or Harris, with Hines to change the pace.  A veritable fleet of receivers, with Diggs and Davis and the slot guys and who knows, maybe a rookie surprise, Knox and Kincaid.  Josh Allen at the helm, behind a seriously beefed up offensive line.  Tackles have to get the job done, and if all that comes together, that's massive firepower.  

wish we all could see that !
 with O line upgraded enough or even better than enough ?

I do :)

Here we go again !!

Excited for the Season already

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Seriously your worried about THAT? SMH!  He pry didn't have any underwear on either lol

so you thought about Mike ? You did dint you 

LOL

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Put Shorter on the Field instead of Davis, and you can run a 1960's green bay style sweep with Josh playing Paul Hornung. 

Wow !

Nice work there Chaos

and double Bingo

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Kincaid is going to make defenses make hard decisions … the offense will now dictate what the defense does 

whether he is flexed out wide, in the slot , or in line defenses are going to have to make a decision 

do I treat him like a TE and go big? Now potentially letting him run right by   LBrs and out savvy safeties ?

or…. Do I treat him like a WR, put another DB on the field … and let him now beat up a 5’11 slot corner in man to man … he will get leverage on most in that spot 

a man to man nightmare because defenses need to declare intentions … he is too fast for LBrs, to fluid and savvy for safeties and too big for corners 

A++

Exactly he’s too big to jam with a DB and he’s too quick to have a LB cover him. He’s really just a matchup nightmare in this offense with this QB as because of his incredible hands you can just ISO him on a DB and give him a 50/50 ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Exactly he’s too big to jam with a DB and he’s too quick to have a LB cover him. He’s really just a matchup nightmare in this offense with this QB as because of his incredible hands you can just ISO him on a DB and give him a 50/50 ball. 

It actually extends farther than that
For a long time we have fans have been complaining about not being able to run the ball. Effectively wonderful we need to.

Double tighten sets fix that problem and put a bigger blocker on the field and it’s a matchup problem for the defense

• Like (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Chaos said:

Did you mean ‘Ringo’? Great Packer Center?

yes, “a seal here! And a seal here and run it UP THE ALLEY!”

Sean is a good coach, already ascending to 13th winningest HC. But he’ll NEVER be compared to Vincent T. 

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Did you Ringo? Great Packer Center?

yes, “a seal here! And a seal here and run it UP THE ALLEY!”

Great stuff Chandler!

I had to watch it twice... heaping doses of HOFers Jim Taylor and Forrest Gregg.

The tackle blocking way downfield on that epic Jim Taylor run at 2:40 was Bob Skoronski whose grandson was just picked 11th overall by the Tennessee Titans.

The Lombardi Mythology is a huge reason I'm an NFL fan today. Thank you.

• Like (+1) 3

15 hours ago, NewEra said:

This is what I’ve been a hoping for.  More 12 personnel.  Becoming more scheme flexible- more variety- keeping the opposition guessing but never knowing-  

He’s a tremendous chess piece and has some of the best hands ever.  While he gets ripped for his blocking as TE- he’s one helluva blocking slot WR.

And what kills me is, Kincaid can still line up on the other side of the line now and then, Help Dawkins by giving the DE a little shove on the end, then continue on the rout he planned for. Most of the time will he be in slot? yes! but there are those defenses that have 2 amazing DE's and that line needs help. Just another way to help :D just another way to use what I feel Could/May be an elite receiving TE. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Great stuff Chandler!

I had to watch it twice... heaping doses of HOFers Jim Taylor and Forrest Gregg.

The tackle blocking way downfield on that epic Jim Taylor run at 2:40 was Bob Skoronski whose grandson was just picked 11th overall by the Tennessee Titans.

The Lombardi Mythology is a huge reason I'm an NFL fan today. Thank you.

Thanks, Sierra. Always great to chat with another old timer who really knows the NFL. 

I had occasion to meet Vince’s daughter at a mutual friends funeral. Knowing who she was, I introduced myself and gushed over her father with quick insight that I knew much about him. She was charmed by it and gushed wonderfully about him as well. She’s better know in the League than I realized and we became so caught up in our lengthy conversation we almost forgot the purpose of the occasion…🤦‍♂️ I was enamored with her during this chance meeting.

The legacy lives on.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Davis      OL   Knox        Kincaid      Diggs

Allen 

Cook 

I'm guessing this is our base formation

Agreed.  That personnel grouping can make any formation functional.  5 Wide to I formation. Your not going to run much Iso but you get the idea.    

21 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Not sure if this was posted but Daniel Jeremiah had some high praises for Kincaid.

My thoughts exactly.  The best pass catcher in the draft.  Best hands in the draft.  Most well equipped to catch 17’s lasers

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/27/2023 at 11:13 PM, gonzo1105 said:

I just wanna say screw everyone that mocked me for mocking Dalton Kincaid and laughed at it. He is an A++ pick for the Bills and a better prospect than Flowers, Addison, Johnston. Halfway through the year everyone is going to be glad we picked him 

Well with Josh stating he can't be taking the constant hits etc I think we will see him use his new slot options and I could see Kincaid be a leading candidate for ORoY if he receiving prowess translates well to the pro game and chemistry with Allen.  Being Kincaid is relatively newer to the game than most top draft picks we can't be sure he even reached his ceiling yet.  I'd venture he still has room to learn more and I expect Knox will have him join te university to start adding to his game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Well with Josh stating he can't be taking the constant hits etc I think we will see him use his new slot options and I could see Kincaid be a leading candidate for ORoY if he receiving prowess translates well to the pro game and chemistry with Allen.  Being Kincaid is relatively newer to the game than most top draft picks we can't be sure he even reached his ceiling yet.  I'd venture he still has room to learn more and I expect Knox will have him join te university to start adding to his game.

Need Josh to take the next mvp level step on consistently crushing the short to intermediate passing game 

• Agree 3

12 minutes ago, balln said:

Need Josh to take the next mvp level step on consistently crushing the short to intermediate passing game 

People say this, but why?  Bills moved the chains better than anyother team in football last year. 

Just now, Chaos said:

People say this, but why?  Bills moved the chains better than anyother team in football last year. 

I think what it might mean is that Josh needs to learn when to take the short stuff, and keep the chains moving instead of playing “hero ball”…

Guys are constantly open in the short to intermediate range and, far too often, Josh will take the low percentage deep shot- especially when you only need a few yards for the first down…

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I think what it might mean is that Josh needs to learn when to take the short stuff, and keep the chains moving instead of playing “hero ball”…

Guys are constantly open in the short to intermediate range and, far too often, Josh will take the low percentage deep shot- especially when you only need a few yards for the first down…

Again, the Bills were the best team in football at moving the chains.  Why must we move them a different way than we do now? 

1 minute ago, Chaos said:

Again, the Bills were the best team in football at moving the chains.  Why must we move them a different way than we do now? 

Because the play was more high risk. Causing turnovers and Josh playing backyard football. We lost some games because Josh felt forced to make plays.

lets get a system up and running that allows some balance, rhythm to keep Josh safe and keep the ball in the offenses hand for TOP. The scores will come. And plenty of them from everywhere on the field !

30 minutes ago, Chaos said:

So we can win the Super Bowl…,

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Because the play was more high risk. Causing turnovers and Josh playing backyard football. We lost some games because Josh felt forced to make plays.

lets get a system up and running that allows some balance, rhythm to keep Josh safe and keep the ball in the offenses hand for TOP. The scores will come. And plenty of them from everywhere on the field !

I don't think this is accurate in reality. 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

So we can win the Super Bowl…,

Nonsense comment. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I don't think this is accurate in reality. 

Nonsense comment. 

You are a hoot some times, thanks for participating, 

• Haha (+1) 3

45 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Perfect example is the dolphins playoff game. They were up 17. (Largely bc of big plays- so yes to a degree you’re right). 

And then they were taking deep

shot after deep

shot . Bad plays. Bad routes. Bad throws. And it totally let Mia into the game and I’m sorry that freaking game was too close for comfort. 

countless videos of wide open guys in short to intermediate . Allen just wouldn’t go there

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.