WR Allen Robinson to Steelers ???????????????????

Buffalo_Stampede

41 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Steelers are pretty notorious for drafting WR talent, I’m surprised they make this move. 

More like the last two seasons, I’m not expecting much from him in Pittsburgh.

The Steelers have had a pretty good “vitamin” program since the 70s. Maybe he rebounds for a year or two once he’s on that. 

The Rams paid Allen’s $5.25M roster bonus last month. I wonder if they’re eating any of his $10M salary. If so, that’s brutal unless they are getting a nice pick back (which is doubtful). 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to WR Allen Robinson to Steelers ???????????????????
50 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

The Steelers have had a pretty good “vitamin” program since the 70s. Maybe he rebounds for a year or two once he’s on that. 

The Rams paid Allen’s $5.25M roster bonus last month. I wonder if they’re eating any of his $10M salary. If so, that’s brutal unless they are getting a nice pick back (which is doubtful). 

The Rams got fleeced.  They got only a 7th round pick and gave up Allen Robinson AND a 7th!  The Steelers are only responsible for $5 M of Robinson's salary this year.   The Rams have only 45 players under contract and are still cap-strapped.  This per Chris Brown on One Bills Live.

20 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The Rams got fleeced.  They got only a 7th round pick and gave up Allen Robinson AND a 7th!  The Steelers are only responsible for $5 M of Robinson's salary this year.   The Rams have only 45 players under contract and are still cap-strapped.  This per Chris Brown on One Bills Live.

That is crazy!  They had to send a 7th with him AND pay some of his salary???  To only get a 7th back?  Can't even say "Yeah but they did win a Super Bowl" they didn't even win the Super Bowl with him!  What an awful deal for the Rams 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thrivefourfive said:

Pretty talent group down there.

The Rams, oh my. They are most definitely playing for the 1 pick next year, and the opportunity to keep the college quarterback in LA.

Ehhhh... They still have potential for a solid offense if stafford and kupp are healthy.  Playmaker wise they could use a WR who can get open.  But a lot of why their offense didn't work was protection 

They need to improve their offensive line a lot though, and their defense is Donald and not much else ( i do like Hoecht - sort of a young lorenzo alexander with the mid-season position switch and i love that kinda thing).  But their defense wasn't good with Ramsay, Wagner, and Floyd either.  

Probably willing to trade a late-round pick to kick the tires on him esp if the Rams are willing to eat a chunk of the cap hit. For the Rams, they get a late-round pick and some down-the-road cap savings in exchange for a player that might be washed and is not fitting their timeline anyway. For the Steelers they get to kick the can on Robinson a player only one year removed from being a solid WR and it will likely only cost them a late round pick and a limited cap hit. 

53 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That's a great deal for the Steelers.  Too bad the Cardinals are being annoying and don't want to eat $ in a deal 

The issue seems to be the Cards want good draft compensation AND they are unwilling to eat money. Not realizing that teams aren't giving up premium picks and taking on a big contract for a player who is older and hasn't finished the past two seasons healthy. 

2 hours ago, jkeerie said:

The Rams dumped Allen Robinson for nothing to jettison $5M of guaranteed salary. Shows you how far he’s fallen. Ditto the Rams. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I kind of wish the Bills did this. Steelers get him for $5 million. He can play out of the slot very well.

Can't wait to watch the Robinson score a TD on the Rams (and have the Rams pay for 2/3rds of that paycheque).

9 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Seems to be a new fad.

Yeah......  let's not do that.......

:)

I watched him closely the last two seasons.  (I drafted him both years in my FF league)  He killed me both years.  I'm not sure if Stafford just never looked at him and threw every ball to Kupp, or if Robinson just couldn't get open.  I suspect it is the latter though because even in the handful of games where Kupp was banged up Robinson did not produce.

I'm fine with him going to a conference rival.  I think he is just a guy at this point in his career.  It's a shame, he's another talented player who's career was crippled by the team that drafted him, the Jags, and then went to another team, the Bears, that also had terrible QB play.  

He had a couple of seasons where he flashed his potential.  If he had a solid QB throwing to him he could have been special.  He definitely had some tools.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.