Future sale of Bills ??????????? (speculation from attention seeking media)

DallasBillsFan1

On 4/18/2023 at 7:56 PM, Dr. Who said:

This whole thread started because OP heard bits and pieces of a conversation out of sequence and then speculated a specific assertion by Kirwan that another poster who actually listened to the entire broadcast in context refuted. Then a bunch of folks chose to take the theme and run with it regardless of whether there was an actual basis for it. They speculated about private anguish and inheritance tax and the like to paint a dismal, sad picture. I guess there are those who enjoy despondent thoughts, but it seems perverse to me.

I am going to defend the OP.  Did you actually go an listed to decide for yourself who was right?  I did last night and the OP is much closer to what was actually discussed than the "refuter".  I find it interesting you latched onto the the refuter post as being correct, probably because that is the answer you like better.   Kirwan absolutely said he hears about Seahawks and Bills as potential teams that could be for sale next, the whole thing is hearsay from Kirwan so take it for what that is.  The overall topic was the increasing value of NFL franchises and the recent sale agreement of the Commanders.....some owners are supposedly disappointed in the low amount of 6 billion.  Kirwan went on to say that when the Bills were for sale last time, one group wanted to take them to LA and owners probably were disappointed that did not happen because it would have "exponentially" increased that franchises value.

On 4/18/2023 at 10:36 AM, PrimeTime101 said:

got to open your ears man. I listened to the same thing. They were giving examples of more recent sales pertaining to the Commanders compared to teams net worth, Seahawks 200m in 97 compared to Bills for 1 bil and how much 6 bil and they were talking about why it was so much... did you listen to the whole thing the whole time or just bits and pieces and take unfounded assumptions to these forums? 

I disagree, you can go tot he App and replay.  Kirwan clearly was talking about potential future franchises that may go up for sale and what he has "heard".  He then also talked about some things in the past, two things can be true at the same time.  The OP's take is a lot more right than this one.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I am going to defend the OP.  Did you actually go an listed to decide for yourself who was right?  I did last night and the OP is much closer to what was actually discussed than the "refuter".  I find it interesting you latched onto the the refuter post as being correct, probably because that is the answer you like better.   Kirwan absolutely said he hears about Seahawks and Bills as potential teams that could be for sale next, the whole thing is hearsay from Kirwan so take it for what that is.  The overall topic was the increasing value of NFL franchises and the recent sale agreement of the Commanders.....some owners are supposedly disappointed in the low amount of 6 billion.  Kirwan went on to say that when the Bills were for sale last time, one group wanted to take them to LA and owners probably were disappointed that did not happen because it would have "exponentially" increased that franchises value.

I disagree, you can go tot he App and replay.  Kirwan clearly was talking about potential future franchises that may go up for sale and what he has "heard".  He then also talked about some things in the past, two things can be true at the same time.  The OP's take is a lot more right than this one.

So it's basically the NFL would prefer to relocate small franchises to larger markets and collect a windfall. That will always be true. Since Terry Pegula clearly purchased both the Bills and the Sabres to keep them in Buffalo and there are indications at least some of his older children are not indifferent, the hearsay is either specious speculation based on the general principle that a city like Buffalo should always be ripe for the picking or it boils down to ghoulish speculation about Kim Pegula and the punitive nature of the inheritance tax. The whole thing is distasteful and I do not believe either is rooted in anything substantial. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

then you and I listened to the wrong show bro. 

On 4/19/2023 at 11:36 AM, Chas56 said:

This thread is depressing. I know I don’t have to read it (and don’t), but I have to see it on the list. 

Why? It isn’t like the Buffalo Bills are moving. NFL ownership is different now too many negative Bills fans if this was the truth which I don’t believe it is. Too many negative Bills fans assume the worst because in there reality they see PSE as Buffalo sports savior and there just isn’t anyone else out there because at the time of Ralph Wilson passing there wasn’t more Bills suitors things happen with the passage of time. I think the Buffalo Sabres are going to be sold in a few years because the Sabres lease is almost up and what is needed renovations wise with Key Bank Center. They will have suitors because there is only 32 NFL and 32 NHL franchises. The NFL especially the television networks contracts make owning a NFL franchise very lucrative and in demand when they become available. 

Anyway if the Buffalo Bills were for sale the Jeremy Jacobs family would potentially be in play for the Buffalo Bills along with many other interested owners we have no idea what is out there potentially better than PSE. The Jacobs family couldn’t bid on the Bills before because of their gambling holdings in West Virginia race tracks I believe. Las Vegas Raiders are in Vegas and the NFL the league is in bed with gambling companies now. I think if and that is if this was true with the new Bills stadium a done deal the Jacobs family I believe would be in play as a potential Bills buyer. And yes I would take there sports ownership/leadership with what they accomplished as Boston Bruins owners and there real local Buffalonians that still live here yes. Why does that make a difference? It does when a family lives in Buffalo and is here to face the music it would be a huge improvement over the absence of PSE ownership in the Buffalo community everyday along with a potential more positive culture instead of everything is a state secret as One Bills Drive under PSE. But unfortunately I don’t think there is anything to this story sadly we are stuck with PSE with more potential suffering. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, I am leaving for good said:

Why? It isn’t like the Buffalo Bills are moving. NFL ownership is different now too many negative Bills fans if this was the truth which I don’t believe it is. Too many negative Bills fans assume the worst because in there reality they see PSE as Buffalo sports savior and there just isn’t anyone else out there because at the time of Ralph Wilson passing there wasn’t more Bills suitors things happen with the passage of time. I think the Buffalo Sabres are going to be sold in a few years because the Sabres lease is almost up and what is needed renovations wise with Key Bank Center. They will have suitors because there is only 32 NFL and 32 NHL franchises. The NFL especially the television networks contracts make owning a NFL franchise very lucrative and in demand when they become available. 

Anyway if the Buffalo Bills were for sale the Jeremy Jacobs family would potentially be in play for the Buffalo Bills along with many other interested owners we have no idea what is out there potentially better than PSE. The Jacobs family couldn’t bid on the Bills before because of their gambling holdings in West Virginia race tracks I believe. Las Vegas Raiders are in Vegas and the NFL the league is in bed with gambling companies now. I think if and that is if this was true with the new Bills stadium a done deal the Jacobs family I believe would be in play as a potential Bills buyer. And yes I would take there sports ownership/leadership with what they accomplished as Boston Bruins owners and there real local Buffalonians that still live here yes. Why does that make a difference? It does when a family lives in Buffalo and is here to face the music it would be a huge improvement over the absence of PSE ownership in the Buffalo community everyday along with a potential more positive culture instead of everything is a state secret as One Bills Drive under PSE. But unfortunately I don’t think there is anything to this story sadly we are stuck with PSE with more potential suffering. 

Good post; you're spot on with this. I was amazed at how they were able to keep Kim's situation hidden for 7+ months, and the latter fits exactly to what you're describing here. And before anybody comes with their pitchforks yelling "that was a private matter", NO, not really, because she was a VERY public figure....the "face of the Bills" if you will...the President of a $Billion+ organization. I'm still scratching my head as to why they waited so long to get that news out.

On 4/19/2023 at 11:30 AM, boater said:

I believe PSE pressured the News to fire him. Rumor at the time: "fire Sully, or forget about our program printing contract."

But Sully contributes to his own bad luck. He has to fully own this gem which got him fired in Niagara Falls:

Jerry's shtick works when the Bills and Sabres stink. When the teams are good he does't know what to say.  He made a good living amplifying local fan frustrations. Just like Chuck "The Coach" Dickerson on WGR did. A disgruntled ex coach taking out his failings on his old team.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

you guys are just trying to torture Mike Florio at this point.. it's just mean

I was worried for the poor guy when Pegula bought the Bills

Ironically, I don't think it's so much that he wants Buffalo to lose the team as it is the "story" and all his articles he could write about how awful the NFL is and all the clicks he could get from furious Bills fans

Edited by TheFunPolice

On 4/17/2023 at 5:21 PM, Thrivefourfive said:

You know, if Mrs. Pegula isn’t doing well and things continue on that path, there is going to be a lot of pain in the building for Mr. Pegula to endure. I could see good reason for him selling. He expected her to bury him, not the other way around. Devastating for their family. 

That is very true but with that being said knowing how passionate Kim is about the team & the community and if she can still make her wishes known i would think one at there top of her list would be for Terry to keep the team & win a SB for her the city & the Fans .

Especially seeing as one of her things is the One Buffalo project . GO BILLS !!! 

On 4/18/2023 at 12:26 AM, mrags said:

There is almost no guarantee that the Bills stay here if they were sold. New owners aren’t some measly billionaires like Pegula and his $7-10B. New owners coming forward from this point on will be paying the price for teams that Pegula is worth total. The Jeff Bezos’ of the world. Like how Davis offered Snyder $1B more than the Harris group and topped it off with all cash and guarantees that Snyder would benefit from. 

With all this said, a new owner worth 10s of billions would likely laugh at a $850 buyout that’s in the contract for the Bills to stay in Buffalo. Just add that amount to the sale of the team which would be north of 5-7B would be my guess. 

Selling NFL teams is like the newest QB that gets a new deal. The last one will always be the largest contract signed. Only way a team would sell for over $7B is it was an incredibly small market team, or had some debts to payoff in order to move them. But you could easily see a Bezos type coming in and buying the team with the intent to move them to anywhere that makes more sense. I’m sure the NFL would be begging someone buys a team and moved them to London, or Germany, or Mexico City. Etc. 

it’s. It just the money, it’s also the language in the contract and the legal fights that will go along with it. 

Pegula was in the top 10 of owners net worth as well. He’s not a poor owner by any means. Sure there are some wealthier people, but if most wanted a team they’d already have one.

On 4/18/2023 at 12:26 AM, mrags said:

There is almost no guarantee that the Bills stay here if they were sold. New owners aren’t some measly billionaires like Pegula and his $7-10B. New owners coming forward from this point on will be paying the price for teams that Pegula is worth total. The Jeff Bezos’ of the world. Like how Davis offered Snyder $1B more than the Harris group and topped it off with all cash and guarantees that Snyder would benefit from. 

With all this said, a new owner worth 10s of billions would likely laugh at a $850 buyout that’s in the contract for the Bills to stay in Buffalo. Just add that amount to the sale of the team which would be north of 5-7B would be my guess. 

Selling NFL teams is like the newest QB that gets a new deal. The last one will always be the largest contract signed. Only way a team would sell for over $7B is it was an incredibly small market team, or had some debts to payoff in order to move them. But you could easily see a Bezos type coming in and buying the team with the intent to move them to anywhere that makes more sense. I’m sure the NFL would be begging someone buys a team and moved them to London, or Germany, or Mexico City. Etc. 

There's no chance 24 owners would approve of moving a team out of the country.

12 hours ago, SRQ_BillsFan said:

it’s. It just the money, it’s also the language in the contract and the legal fights that will go along with it. 

Pegula was in the top 10 of owners net worth as well. He’s not a poor owner by any means. Sure there are some wealthier people, but if most wanted a team they’d already have one.

The money is the only thing holding a billionaire with a legal team on retainer back from moving. And $850m isn’t enough to deter that anymore. 

Pegulas may have been one of the top 10 wealthiest owners when they bought the team. And they may be just outside the top 10 now. But their wealth wouldn’t be able to afford what NFL teams are going for now. 

point is, the next sale of an NFL franchise will likely go for close to $10B. The Pegulas are only worth about $7B. There’s only about 190 people on the planet worth $10B+.

The people buying NFL franchises going forward would jump out a 10 story window if they woke up with Pegulas money. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-richest-owners-net-worth-ranked/amp/

9 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's no chance 24 owners would approve of moving a team out of the country.

get method man GIF

31 minutes ago, mrags said:

The money is the only thing holding a billionaire with a legal team on retainer back from moving. And $850m isn’t enough to deter that anymore. 

Pegulas may have been one of the top 10 wealthiest owners when they bought the team. And they may be just outside the top 10 now. But their wealth wouldn’t be able to afford what NFL teams are going for now. 

point is, the next sale of an NFL franchise will likely go for close to $10B. The Pegulas are only worth about $7B. There’s only about 190 people on the planet worth $10B+.

The people buying NFL franchises going forward would jump out a 10 story window if they woke up with Pegulas money. 

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-richest-owners-net-worth-ranked/amp/

get method man GIF

The Buffalo Bills aren’t going anywhere out of the state with New York State involved now with the Buffalo Bills future. At worst someone worth $150 billion owner buys the Buffalo Bills and moves them to Upper Manhattan in a Sofi style stadium called potentially hypothetically Polo Grounds V Minnesota Vikings style dome in 2057. New York Bills you get on a high speed train at a Buffalo train station and your in New York City in 2 hours and home in Buffalo in 2 hours. That is worse case scenario and it isn’t that bad. A lot of Buffalo fans follow the New York Yankees like myself what is the difference? It has nothing to do with the fans these are business decisions we have no say on what so ever. Just win that is all I care about as a sports fan weather it’s my Bills, my Sabres or my Yankees whatever team just win. 

5 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

The Buffalo Bills aren’t going anywhere out of the state with New York State involved now with the Buffalo Bills future. At worst someone worth $150 billion owner buys the Buffalo Bills and moves them to Upper Manhattan in a Sofi style stadium called potentially hypothetically Polo Grounds V Minnesota Vikings style dome in 2057. New York Bills you get on a high speed train at a Buffalo train station and your in New York City in 2 hours and home in Buffalo in 2 hours. That is worse case scenario and it isn’t that bad. A lot of Buffalo fans follow the New York Yankees like myself what is the difference? It has nothing to do with the fans these are business decisions we have no say on what so ever. Just win that is all I care about as a sports fan weather it’s my Bills, my Sabres or my Yankees whatever team just win. 

I have stated that I don’t believe the Bills are going anywhere. I was simply arguing that the steps in place to ensure they stay in Buffalo are not as concrete as people want to believe they are. By stating this I simply used the Pegulas and their money as  comparable to new owners that are buying teams for more than the Pegulas are even worth. 

On 4/20/2023 at 7:30 AM, Dr. Who said:

So it's basically the NFL would prefer to relocate small franchises to larger markets and collect a windfall. That will always be true. Since Terry Pegula clearly purchased both the Bills and the Sabres to keep them in Buffalo and there are indications at least some of his older children are not indifferent, the hearsay is either specious speculation based on the general principle that a city like Buffalo should always be ripe for the picking or it boils down to ghoulish speculation about Kim Pegula and the punitive nature of the inheritance tax. The whole thing is distasteful and I do not believe either is rooted in anything substantial. 

I wouldn't say this is completely true now.  Back in the 60's-90's it was the case that moving to bigger markets meant increased ticket, merchandise sales, and more TV viewers/higher ratings.  

Todays NFL doesn't benefit by domestic team relocation much at all....just the team owner itself might get a better stadium and ticket revenues, but that doesn't really do much for the rest of the owners.  

The main problem, I would assume especially for the Bills....is that the NFL would benefit by having a team somewhere in Canada (almost certainly Toronto) They could reasonably expect higher TV ratings if the whole of Canada had a team (like the Blue Jays are Canada's MLB team) ....the owners would ALL benefit by an increase in selling NFL media rights  to a canadian broadcaster.  

I would worry that the potential windfall from such a new media deal, along with what would likely be a nice new stadium and expected merch sales and whatnot in CANADA....would render the 875 million buyout to a MEGA billionaire, just a small inconvenience to moving.  I'd be wary of that Canadian dude who was/is in on the Commanders sale.

so stupid. Much sucks about BUF (January) but “small market Bills leaving” topic is dumb

Good, large markets lose teams with bad owners—Balt, LA, LA, SF, SD, STL, HOU 

Pegs family likes the team and town.  NFL can’t force a sale/move, no more than ReMax can make me sell my house.  Can we agree to please just leave this alone?

Edited by Since1981

1 hour ago, Since1981 said:

so stupid. Much sucks about BUF (January) but “small market Bills leaving” topic is dumb

Good, large markets lose teams with bad owners—Balt, LA, LA, SF, SD, STL, HOU 

Pegs family likes the team and town.  NFL can’t force a sale/move, no more than ReMax can make me sell my house.  Can we agree to please just leave this alone?

The NFL has rules and agreements with the owners. They work together. Not a great comparison with remax. You don't think they forced Snyder to sell?

Bottom line: NFL franchises are so valuable, the cost of buying the Bills, plus a billion-dollar penalty, won't stop a determined buyer from moving the team.  There is nothing you can do to 100% prevent it.

That said, the Pegulas are committed to the region and the team is not for sale. Don't lose sleep over things that aren't happening or can't be controlled.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I hate to break it to the fan base, but the team is going to be sold one day, it’s just the nature of the NFL, so now that y’all know this, can we stop with this gossip?

13 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I hate to break it to the fan base, but the team is going to be sold one day, it’s just the nature of the NFL, so now that y’all know this, can we stop with this gossip?

If I understand this correctly your hoping you can stop gossip on an internet based Message Board? (This should be interesting.) 😉

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/17/2023 at 3:35 PM, KDIGGZ said:

As per the new stadium lease, I do believe the new owner would be able to move the team without penalty in the year 2055. If there is NFL football still going on by then I'll eat my hat 

I can’t imagine the NFL going out of business even in 2055, for one younger generations 40 and under do like the NFL so it won’t be for a lack of interest even 30+ years from now. Secondarily the NFL is big business I doubt the government will regulate it out of existence, the US government isn’t exactly unfriendly to corporations.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

If I understand this correctly your hoping you can stop gossip on an internet based Message Board? (This should be interesting.) 😉

Oh stop it…, 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

I wouldn't say this is completely true now.  Back in the 60's-90's it was the case that moving to bigger markets meant increased ticket, merchandise sales, and more TV viewers/higher ratings.  

Todays NFL doesn't benefit by domestic team relocation much at all....just the team owner itself might get a better stadium and ticket revenues, but that doesn't really do much for the rest of the owners.  

The main problem, I would assume especially for the Bills....is that the NFL would benefit by having a team somewhere in Canada (almost certainly Toronto) They could reasonably expect higher TV ratings if the whole of Canada had a team (like the Blue Jays are Canada's MLB team) ....the owners would ALL benefit by an increase in selling NFL media rights  to a canadian broadcaster.  

I would worry that the potential windfall from such a new media deal, along with what would likely be a nice new stadium and expected merch sales and whatnot in CANADA....would render the 875 million buyout to a MEGA billionaire, just a small inconvenience to moving.  I'd be wary of that Canadian dude who was/is in on the Commanders sale.

This post is all hypothetically. The Bills fan base is bigger with potentially the five boroughs of New York City over Toronto and Canada. Forget New Jersey. New York State doesn’t get New York Giants and New York Jets taxable money. New York Giants are most likely never leaving New Jersey. Again under the high speed train system the Buffalo Bills could stay in Western New York under a New York Bills name change to grow the Bills fan base larger potentially. Toronto and Vancouver will come under NFL expansion franchises at some point like the NBA did again just my opinion. The NFL isn’t giving Buffalo owners who ever they are in the future Toronto and Canada for free. Even the New York Bills scenario if the Bills moved to New York City moving fees would have to be paid. Under that scenario the Bills ownership isn’t doing that nor will they have to. The Bills under the new name New York Bills by staying in Western New York and there isn’t a thing that the New York Jets and New York Giants could do about it to stop the Bills from doing that with no territory fees required because the Bills are still in Buffalo not New York City. A court isn’t going to be able to stop it because the Buffalo Bills actually play in New York State and the Jets and Giants don’t they play in New Jersey. Also the Los Angeles Angels are in Anaheim Southern California OC not LA.

As time goes by I really believe that we will be called New York Bills tried first before moving anywhere smaller like Toronto. Toronto is smaller than the Five boughs of New York. If I was the Bills owner I do that before Toronto. New York Bills advertising in New York City with Josh Allen makes me more money than moving to Toronto. Winning a Super Bowl would also help with this growing the Bills New York State NFL football brand like Alabama or Georgia or Florida college football teams. With the slogan New York’s only NFL football team the New York Bills with a Josh Allen billboard in Times Square would also help with that message. Again the problem is there are too many small timers here in our Buffalo business and political communities. You don’t let a NFL franchise leave New York State only incompetent people do that like the business and political leaders in Oakland, California who are completely incompetent. 

14 minutes ago, I am leaving for good said:

This post is all hypothetically. The Bills fan base is bigger with potentially the five boroughs of New York City over Toronto and Canada. Forget New Jersey. New York State doesn’t get New York Giants and New York Jets taxable money. New York Giants are most likely never leaving New Jersey. Again under the high speed train system the Buffalo Bills could stay in Western New York under a New York Bills name change to grow the Bills fan base larger potentially. Toronto and Vancouver will come under NFL expansion franchises at some point like the NBA did again just my opinion. The NFL isn’t giving Buffalo owners who ever they are in the future Toronto and Canada for free. Even the New York Bills scenario if the Bills moved to New York City moving fees would have to be paid. Under that scenario the Bills ownership isn’t doing that nor will they have to. The Bills under the new name New York Bills by staying in Western New York and there isn’t a thing that the New York Jets and New York Giants could do about it to stop the Bills from doing that with no territory fees required because the Bills are still in Buffalo not New York City. A court isn’t going to be able to stop it because the Buffalo Bills actually play in New York State and the Jets and Giants don’t they play in New Jersey. Also the Los Angeles Angels are in Anaheim Southern California OC not LA.

As time goes by I really believe that we will be called New York Bills tried first before moving anywhere smaller like Toronto. Toronto is smaller than the Five boughs of New York. If I was the Bills owner I do that before Toronto. New York Bills advertising in New York City with Josh Allen makes me more money than moving to Toronto. Winning a Super Bowl would also help with this growing the Bills New York State NFL football brand like Alabama or Georgia or Florida college football teams. With the slogan New York’s only NFL football team the New York Bills with a Josh Allen billboard in Times Square would also help with that message. Again the problem is there are too many small timers here in our Buffalo business and political communities. You don’t let a NFL franchise leave New York State only incompetent people do that like the business and political leaders in Oakland, California who are completely incompetent. 

You've missed the point of my post completely.  The size of the US market does not matter these days...you could move the Bills to Boise Idaho....wouldn't matter because as I said...TV numbers in NON NFL markets are the same as they are in NFL markets.  31 NFL owners don't gain anything because you moved your team.  

Also...highlighted above....the NFL would probalby really not want to expand to Canada with new franchises...that's 2 more ways to split the revenue pie.  the owners would benefit most if ONE team moved to Canada, and a that drew in a bunch more canadian interest and viewers....and the coresponding NEW TV revenue from that....for the same 32 owners.  

Western New York is a GREAT NFL market....great fans...great support....well established...great traditions....all that....and I'm telling you, it doesn't matter.  Moving 1 team to Canada is what the NFL would prefer becasue it adds revenue to the existing 32 piece pie.

I think this makes a little bit of sense. Probably something Terry is mulling over. The plan was to have Kim take over for the next 20 years while Terry entered an older age, but that doesn’t seem like it will be possible with her health. The Bills will have a value boost with a new stadium. He could sell in 5 years or so and make a tidy profit. He could even leave the Sabres to his children to run, which will be a much more reasonable tax bill.

I doubt a new owner will want to pay a billion dollar penalty just to move the team. These people are rich, but a billion dollars is still a lot of money even to someone like Bezos.

37 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

You've missed the point of my post completely.  The size of the US market does not matter these days...you could move the Bills to Boise Idaho....wouldn't matter because as I said...TV numbers in NON NFL markets are the same as they are in NFL markets.  31 NFL owners don't gain anything because you moved your team.  

Also...highlighted above....the NFL would probalby really not want to expand to Canada with new franchises...that's 2 more ways to split the revenue pie.  the owners would benefit most if ONE team moved to Canada, and a that drew in a bunch more canadian interest and viewers....and the coresponding NEW TV revenue from that....for the same 32 owners.  

Western New York is a GREAT NFL market....great fans...great support....well established...great traditions....all that....and I'm telling you, it doesn't matter.  Moving 1 team to Canada is what the NFL would prefer becasue it adds revenue to the existing 32 piece pie.

Your missing my point New York State your still making more money than Canada add to the NFL

32 team revenue pie. Plus the NFL offices are in New York City the League isn’t pulling the Bills out of New York State under any scenario for Canada. The Los Angeles Times talking to a Los Angeles council member at the time trying to get Los Angeles a NFL team named Bernard Parks let the cat out of the bag yet some Buffalo Bills fans still live in forever fear of the Bills moving. Quote “moving the Buffalo Bills out of New York State is to hard and messy there would be court lawsuits and the NFL owners want no part of that.” He also said “ think of the NFL as the old mafia.” “The NFL isn’t messing with each teams 32 territories.” Bernard Parks is a outsider from Los Angeles saying which teams are moveable and which ones would be messy at the time of the Los Angeles Times article. San Diego, Oakland were easy that is why they were moved. St Louis was messy and the NFL paid St Louis settling out of court for Stan Kronke’s mess. Los Angeles is one thing Toronto isn’t that important to the NFL owners like Los Angeles is. The Cincinnati Bengals potentially will be in Canada before the Buffalo Bills. If what you said was how the NFL owners felt when they talked to New York State leaders the Buffalo Bills would be moved already and told to forget building a new stadium. Including that bum Jerry Jones who thinks that the Buffalo Bills play in Northern New York.

It’s not happening because what you are discounting is Western New York isn’t just Buffalo people here. They are Global brand already like all NFL teams today they already have fans in Canada and Mexico already they don’t have to move there. The Bills if they were going to move to Toronto it would have happened already. The Bills are a television show one of 32 NFL television shows so instead of a Brady Bunch television show lunch box you are buying jerseys, hats, t-shirts they don’t need boxes and crap like that the television and streaming packages do that. We sell merchandise a lot of it all over the Globe. Again Denver will be moved before Buffalo. Because they are isolated by the Rocky Mountains Colorado isn’t as financial as well off as New York State same deal in Ohio and Kansas City. The Chiefs can move they don’t have the Stock Market Exchange in Kansas City like New York State. Ok it is irrational fear in Western New York I could guess and make up whatever city. Oh boy the Bills could move A, B, C, D City? They aren’t moving they never were because New York State is a big one population and in one of the biggest financial markets in the World let’s not act like New York State is Rhode Island. New York Bills is basically the worst thing for some Buffalo Bills fans they might have to deal with someday at worse but they will have to accept that like we do with everything else today it is what it is. I realize as a Bills fan I am wrong person because I see everything as the same concept Bills, Bisons, Bonnies, Bulls, Griffs and Sabres etc root for the home team buy merchandise and stuff my mouth with foods and drinks hoping Buffalo wins a championship. The Bills aren’t going anywhere and if they do so what? I watch my Los Angeles Braves-Clippers on television as a 49 year plus Buffalo Braves fan that is Buffalo fan and team loyalty. I will watch and root for the Bills franchise regardless. I am not living in Buffalo Bills moving fear there a professional football team that is all that are supposed to be enjoyed for pleasure not living in irrational fear. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.