Poyer is back! Resigning with Bills

Big Blitz

Stopping by to eat my crow. I was certain Poyer was gone with all of Rachel Bush's theatrics, plus all of the unconfirmed Dolphins tweets and articles that kept finding my feed. Waiting for the numbers to come out. I'm sure Poyer's interview innuendo, Rachel's Twitter posts tagging him in other teams photoshopped jerseys, and Miami's weird fanbase probably jacked up his price significantly more than we planned. Still happy to have him regardless. 

Edited by benderbender

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

or you can't open your front door because 2 feet of snow fell in one hour. or it's 10 degrees outside with 25 mph winds

That’s the time to visit Florida! 

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Nope Drew isnt liking leaking this contract.  I am sure we will see why soon enough

Is there anything more annoying that these football nerds saying the agents name or helped report the story? I know why but do any fans really care?

10 minutes ago, Lost said:

Where do we stand with cap space if Poyer signs for 8 million per year?

They were somewhere around $16M under beforehand.  Without the details,  we can't be sure,  but I'd expect Poyer's first year cap hit to be $4-6M.  So,  probably $10-12M under.  Enough for one more significant signing before moving to the draft,   unless they restructure additional contracts.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Stopping by to eat my crow. I was certain Poyer was gone with all of Rachel Bush's theatrics, plus all of the unconfirmed Dolphins tweets and articles that kept finding my feed. Waiting for the numbers to come out. I'm sure Poyer's interview innuendo, Rachel's Twitter posts tagging him in other teams photoshopped jerseys, and Miami's weird fanbase probably jacked up his price significantly more than we planned. Still happy to have him regardless. 

Do people actually follow her on Twitter? She is so much hotter without hearing her opinions. It’s why her Instagram has 10-1 followers as her Twitter. 

she is wears the hell out of a bathing suit. But she is a lot. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s the time to visit Florida! 

Is there anything more annoying that these football nerds saying the agents name or helped report the story? I know why but do any fans really care?

They dont, but other players do.  it is a performance business for agents.  Drew is really good at it, knows when to show the contract knows when not to 

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Do people actually follow her on Twitter? She is so much hotter without hearing her opinions. It’s why her Instagram has 10-1 followers as her Twitter. 

she is wears the hell out of a bathing suit. But she is a lot. 

I am blocked from her 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

There's a go fund me page being started for this!

I pray this is a joke. People are such losers if they do this. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

They dont, but other players do.  it is a performance business for agents.  Drew is really good at it, knows when to show the contract knows when not to 

I am blocked from her 

Haha, what did you say?  I went there a few times. But she is hot girl smart - no one ever tells her she is wrong because she’s hot. Also, AB.

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, what did you say?  I went there a few times. But she is hot girl smart - no one ever tells her she is wrong because she’s hot. Also, AB.

Well I told her she was wrong about some football thing,  Auto Block.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I am blocked from her 

Agreed.  No details = bad deal from agent’s point of view.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Well I told her she was wrong about some football thing,  Auto Block.

She should block herself and close her yap.  I have wondered whether her big mouth made some potential bidders wonder whether the “candle” that was the beat up old safety with delusions of fiscal grandeur was worth the “game” if the big mouth princess was part of the package. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Love it - my friend used to work at a gamestop and he'd bring home all sorts of cardboard crap

My sister gave me a life-size Josh Allen.  My daughter stands him in a doorway to keep her puppy from escaping down the hall. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, SectionC3 said:

She should block herself and close her yap.  I have wondered whether her big mouth made some potential bidders wonder whether the “candle” that was the beat up old safety with delusions of fiscal grandeur was worth the “game” if the big mouth princess was part of the package. 

I agree with you but I still think it was a case of him wanting too much, his age, and the injuries. There have been a lot of annoying WAGs that you deal with if the player is good enough. 

Haven't read too much, but Poyer at 33 at Strong Safety isn't much of a problem.

Almost all the problems he had this past season was because when they lost Hyde, he switched to FS, and they moved Damar Hamlin to SS. 

With Hyde back, that's basically 2 new starters - and both upgrades. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes it was a joke, but I suppose in todays day and age, it very likely could be true.

On a serious question, does Poyer have to wait until 4:00 today to sign with Bills or since he was with team last season, can he sign prior?   Or is this also just another "legal tampering" deal?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Eh. Think it was time to let him go… specifically if it hampers their ability to bring in another big time offensive playmaker. It will be same old McBeane if it does.

Depends on the contract. It’s one less defensive hole to fill and I think Poyer has at least two years of gas left in him. 

im glad to see him back if it isn’t a big contract. 

Edited by Scott7975

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I know this is wild but not everyone like Florida. Love to visit for a week but I think Florida kinda sucks. Awful in the summer, many weirdos, awful schools. But I guess if I was a housewife who had no job besides being on social media, Buffalo would suck too.

I thought he was gone and this is a nice surprise. Market is rough for guys over 30. Still worry about his health but guy is a  baller so welcome back. 

Florida is paradise for people who don't have passports.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

That's fine. Listening to wgr I've heard a few times that he wanted to play but would he have. And a herniated neck is a serious thing. I'm just stating what's been said by way smarter people than me. 

He said himself on Nfln his body never felt better and he is ready.

For whatever anyone can say about his off-field stuff -- the wife, the tax complaints, the vax stuff, etc....

No one -- not one single Bills fan -- should have a bad word to say about his on-field contributions as a Buffalo Bill. Has been an absolute warrior, a playmaker, a leader, and arguably one of THE most important and consistent foundational pieces of this era of Bills football. If his gutting out multiple injuries last year (did you see his elbow?!) to play through a year in which he could have easily sat and got healthy for free agency didn't turn you into a fan of his for life, I don't know what to tell you.

Love, love, love All-Pro Po. BIG DUBS!!!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, Sargent Hulka said:

He looked like a bum against Cinci. He resigned in Buffalo because he, and the rest of the league, know he's over the hill.

He had two separate injuries which by themselves would keep most players off the field. Neither will be an issue next year. He was off to the best start of his career until they piled up. 

3 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

They trolling rachel pretty hard on the twitters right now lol. She deserves it!

I, like 97% of Western New York, am blocked by Rachel on Twitter.

I honestly have no idea why. I never engaged with her directly. 

There's thin-skinned, and then there's....whatever Rachel Bush is. Never have I experienced such an extreme disparity between my physical attraction to a person and my extreme distaste for their personality.

c0eac977-f6c9-4df6-8735-d863918a6ae4_tex

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I, like 97% of Western New York, am blocked by Rachel on Twitter.

I honestly have no idea why. I never engaged with her directly. 

There's thin-skinned, and then there's....whatever Rachel Bush is.

Same here. I think she blocked me because I commented on a Twitter post she made about how we should be able to have open discussions 😂

• Haha (+1) 1

Best signing so far! I knew as soon as Edmunds left, that Beane was not going to let both Edmunds AND Poyer go. Just too many big pieces of the Bills recent success out the door.. This is VERY good news!!! Someone who drives from Buffalo to KC injured to play in a big games heart was truly in Buffalo. Welcome back Po..  Hope you retire as a Bill.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.