Diggs unfollows Buffalo, follows Cowgirls 🤷‍♂️

DaggersEOD

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Again, sounds a lot like yall are looking for reasons to be upset. He left after the game, and the season, were over. There was nothing left to do, except... what? Hold hands in the locker room and say "lets try again next year" after 99% of the team just acted like THEY didnt want to be there?

Watching that Cincy game it is clear that Diggs is one of maybe 3 players that DID want to be there, and actually came to play. I'm more concerned with the rest of the team that quit on him.

Are the other 2 Milano and Allen?

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You put the same colored tint on every post you make.  They’re all the same.  You can pretend that you’re making sense but we all know this is just what you do in every post you make.  

Some people want to live in objective reality. What is actually happening. Others want to live in a reality they’ve made that is more comfortable to them. Roses and butterflies. Neither choice is wrong, but only one choice is true.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Some people want to live in objective reality. What is actually happening. Others want to live in a reality they’ve made that is more comfortable to them. Roses and butterflies. Neither choice is wrong, but only one choice is true.

What is happening:  we traded for an elite WR that has an elite chip on his shoulder.  A WR tends to react differently than most.  A WR that has been outspoken in the past and hasn’t stopped since.  A WR that has made it known that he won’t accept losing. 

we knew all of this.  Nothing has changed. This is the guy that we traded for.  A guy that has been a tremendous teammate, friend and leader.  A guy that transformed our locker room and helped transform the team from playoff caliber to championship caliber.  A guy that has had trouble dealing with his emotions in moments of defeat and pain.  A guy that we know has had trouble dealing with his emotions in moments of defeat and pain.  

He did something that many expected him to do because that’s what he does….. it’s nothing new.  It’s part of who he is.  I’ve known this and accepted that that’s who Diggs is.  That’s him.  That’s always been him.  Maybe you’re finally coming around to accepting the fact that he isn’t the perfect leader.  Or maybe you already knew that but just wouldn’t feel right if you didn’t chime in with your ever present tint.

He’s him.  Always has been.  Always will be. 

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

It sounds like you just want to make an excuse for anyone with a Buffalo on their helmet.

What’s left to do is be a captain and a teammate. A leader doesn’t abandon their team after a season ending loss because they’re mad. They rise above and are there for their teammates. Reporters who have been following the team for decades said they’ve never seen a player do that before.

This is the same guy that stood on the field after the Chiefs playoff loss and wanted to watch them celebrate so he would have extra motivation to win it all next year. He went from that, to now he’s leaving the stadium before the coaches even get to the locker room?

You can make excuses if you want but it’s not normal and it’s not a captain move.

I literally said 50 out of 53 of the Bills players didnt show up and I am condemning them. So nah, no excuses just because theyre Bills.

I just look at this situation like any adult should and not through the lens of middle school social media.

You all are reading too much into it. Way more than any of the actual players, who are the ones who really matter.

1 hour ago, Bills!Win! said:

Are the other 2 Milano and Allen?

Milano and Edmunds. I dont want to bash Josh, but we didnt get Focused Josh let alone Angry Josh who we saw in last year's Kansas City game. We got tired, dejected, over-it Josh. Dont read underneath Josh. Bomb-Bomb-Sack-Punt Josh.

I dont put that all on him necessarily. I think he was being poorly advised to continue to only go deep. Whether that was Dorsey, or doctors based on elbow injury, or what, I dont know. But I'm pretty sure that is EXACTLY what Diggs was addressing when he told Josh "Stop listening to him!".

The entire team was flat, tired, and over it. You can see it in the way Josh is sitting on that bench when Diggs was yelling to him. He was just done.

Maybe Diggs has burnt some bridges in locker room.  I can see him getting in guys faces about not being all in.  As a leader that works sometimes in private conversations, but you can’t show guys up in front of others.  If he’s done that more than a couple of times,  he’s now toxic.  If so, he needs to do some powerful repair work or move on.  Leaders must be respectful.  If he is traded it will be because he needs another new start.  I hope all my conjecture is false.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

It sounds like you just want to make an excuse for anyone with a Buffalo on their helmet.

What’s left to do is be a captain and a teammate. A leader doesn’t abandon their team after a season ending loss because they’re mad. They rise above and are there for their teammates. Reporters who have been following the team for decades said they’ve never seen a player do that before.

This is the same guy that stood on the field after the Chiefs playoff loss and wanted to watch them celebrate so he would have extra motivation to win it all next year. He went from that, to now he’s leaving the stadium before the coaches even get to the locker room?

You can make excuses if you want but it’s not normal and it’s not a captain move.

Geezus, you’re still in here ranting and whining about Diggs while full of panic?  Lmao

Dude go outside and get some fresh air. The Diggs situation may turn out to be nothing or turn out to be something.  But damn dude, who he follows on IG means nothing.  

You realize he only uses his IG for fashion stuff right?  

You know he is way more active on Twitter right?  

You know he still follows Buffalo on Twitter right?

You know his pic on Twitter is him as a Buffalo Bill right?

You know he still follows Josh Allen and tons of other Bills players on both IG and Twitter right?

Seriously dude, give it a rest until something actually meaningful comes out.  All this nonsense from people in here and on social talking about impossible trades are ridiculous.  

Get some sun, come back when there is actually something of substance on a Diggs issue to discuss, if ever.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Einstein said:

I'm the biggest Diggs fan going and at times I do definitely think he is misunderstood and his motives are misunderstood. But on the bolded, there is absolutely no debating that. He is a leader on this team and he lost control of his emotions in that moment and it is not a good look for a leader. The same as an OC trashing a booth is not a good look for a leader. Leaders control their emotions and as much as I love Stef in that moment his emotions overtook him and he wasn't thinking about those around him. Not a captain move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Geezus, you’re still in here ranting and whining about Diggs while full of panic?  Lmao

Dude go outside and get some fresh air. The Diggs situation may turn out to be nothing or turn out to be something.  But damn dude, who he follows on IG means nothing.  

You realize he only uses his IG for fashion stuff right?  

You know he is way more active on Twitter right?  

You know he still follows Buffalo on Twitter right?

You know his pic on Twitter is him as a Buffalo Bill right?

You know he still follows Josh Allen and tons of other Bills players on both IG and Twitter right?

Seriously dude, give it a rest until something actually meaningful comes out.  All this nonsense from people in here and on social talking about impossible trades are ridiculous.  

Get some sun, come back when there is actually something of substance on a Diggs issue to discuss, if ever.  

If anyone is ranting, it’s you. I just give my opinion. Calmly and rationally.

I get that you love Diggs. I love him too. And Allen. But calling a spade a spade is not a bad thing. People change and situations change.

On 3/7/2023 at 12:30 PM, Buffalo03 said:

I doubt that. I'm 37, I believe there are probably some 20 something Gen Z'ers on here somewhere. There are people that are idiots and douchebags of all ages but I hate being blamed as a Millennial for certain things by a Gen X'er that's only 5-10 years older than me. I saw someone post on Twitter last week about how Gen X is the last "non woke" generation and when I mentioned I would put early to mid Millennials into that category as well, I got told by a woman born in 1979 "sorry, you didn't make the cut". If she was born 2 years later, she would have been a Millennial herself lol. That's the stuff I find annoying but me personally. But I definitely think there are 20 something posters here

Yes us soft bleeding heart millenials raised on South Park, Bevis & Butthead, and dial up internet erotica, are certainly soft 😆

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/7/2023 at 1:11 PM, Back2Buff said:

What if he doesn't show up?  Or causes issues once he decides to report?

He wont. His bestfriend is his qb, and he has no leverage. Youre not going to strong arm your way out with a 30m dead cap hit overhead.  Besides those two, I absolutely believe he still loves it here. He's frustrated over a rookie OC, and a way beyond normal stressful 12mos. Neither one of those repeats next year. He'll be fine

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2023 at 3:41 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

You address those issues when they happen.  You don’t kill your teams cap and Super Bowl chances on something that might happen (and probably won’t happen) 6 months from now.  

He wasn’t happy in Minnesota and yet never once did that and still gave his all to the team.  

It would unbelievably stupid for the Bills to take on $40M in dead cap space between this year and next year because he unfollowed their IG page.  I mean come on.  And for what?  Out of fear of things that haven’t happened yet and didn’t happen either when he was unhappy with his previous team?  

He will be a Buffalo Bill and major player this year and next year too.  Only thing that changes that if something catastrophically changes, and even then it’s a long shot the team would trade him and take on that much dead cap hit.  

Who he does or doesn’t follow on IG is not that catastrophic event.  

More important IG question:

Wonder if he follows Rachel Bush's IG...... I know he's certainly taken a peak lol but does he actually follow it? Great follow, headed there now that i think about it... her... no, it

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mango said:

A few months ago I was in the “WR be WR” camp around Diggs and a couple of the sideline moments he had.

Where I think we diverge here is his actions post game. I cannot separate his sideline moments from his bailing on his teammates. Then blaming it on “his competitiveness” which implies others failed him. Then not showing back up.

Diggs knows the rumors around him and this team and has months to quiet them. Instead he chooses to troll. Which is much more in line with him being a wiener than it is him acting as some motivational speaker.

I want Diggs here. But more than that I want him to want to be here. And I right now I don’t see that. 

He must've read your post

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Agreed.

He meant you dork

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kiva said:

At least we’re not the only ones feeling like this!! 100% agree. Coaching has to get better, Allen has to get better, they were just not good enough last year. 

I don’t disagree with all of Diggs frustrations. I am disagreeing with the way he is managing them. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I don’t think he’s going anywhere. I think he is just messing with us. Cowboys only have a better chance than the Bills to make a SB because they play in the weak NFC if that is his ultimate goal. Bills are the better team.

It seems to me every offseason, Diggs completely unplugs mentally from team stuff to recharge. Probably followed the Cowboys just to see stuff about his brother. And also to cause a spot of bother and keep his name in the press. Really nothing to see here.

His head still does not seem to be in the right place after the team was bounced out of the playoffs by the Bengals.  He can't let it go, has no understanding of what happened and is leaving a trail of bread crumbs about potentially wanting out (or certainly feeling uncomfortable with the current direction of the team).  I think this needs to be resolved as soon as possible since there are too many ramifications associated with whether or not we have a number one WR to start the season.

Edited by jahnyc

I have no idea what his issues are.  I hope the coaches and GM do.  We need him to be in the right frame of mind and to be the player he has been for his time with Buffalo.  We have no replacement on the roster for his production, and it is unlikely we will replace his production with a free agent or a draft choice.

Edited by jahnyc
  • Like (+1) 1

I mean … contrast his actions, ongoing, with Micah Hyde this morning on GMFB. 

Micah literally jumped in to glow about McDermott in one segment.  You could tell by his reaction it was genuine.  

I don’t think Diggs is of that mindset.. in fact, I think he’s of the opposite.  And that’s fine, and it’s ok to be upset …. But this is starting to become some bs… 

Grow tf up.  I say this as someone who probably feels exactly how Diggs does about the coaching failures of McDermott and, up until now, Frazier, in the big moments.   Throw in Dorsey, who he knows is only the OC because of Allen.  Yea, I get it Stef.. you’ve made your point.  Go to Cabo for a few weeks or something, my goodness. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 hour ago, streetkings01 said:

What’s Diggs playoff stats? Outside of that Colts and Dolphins games he’s been nonexistent in the playoffs.

"Outside of his good games he's bad." is one way to argue, I guess. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Mango said:

I don’t disagree with all of Diggs frustrations. I am disagreeing with the way he is managing them. 

Absolutely. By the way is he perfect ? Is Josh? Does every player and coach have opportunities to get better? Sure… I’m confused at what’s he trying to accomplish with all his attention seeking dialogue.

Basically I’m doing my job.. it’s not on me. The rest need to be better. And despite the Bills redoing my contract and giving me $$$ I’m not happy. This is stuff that should be behind closed doors. It’s the state of the current athlete. The Bills should just say let’s discuss where we can all improve. Otherwise just ignore his immaturity. I’m sure things with Dak throwing him the ball in Dallas would be perfect 🙄

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, QLBillsFan said:

Absolutely. By the way is he perfect ? Is Josh? Does every player and coach have opportunities to get better? Sure… I’m confused at what’s he trying to accomplish with all his attention seeking dialogue.

Basically I’m doing my job.. it’s not on me. The rest need to be better. And despite the Bills redoing my contract and giving me $$$ I’m not happy. This is stuff that should be behind closed doors. It’s the state of the current athlete. The Bills should just say let’s discuss where we can all improve. Otherwise just ignore his immaturity. I’m sure things with Dak throwing him the ball in Dallas would be perfect 🙄

Right, it is the building events, not a single moment. 

A couple of loud games. Turns into Cinci. That turns into storming out of the facility. Escalating to not coming back for locker clean out. That evolves to "this is a toxic work environment".

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

"Outside of his good games he's bad." is one way to argue, I guess. 

Not at all…..the point I’m tryna make is Diggs seems frustrated with how we’ve been consistently bumped outta the playoffs and is blaming everything else but himself. He seems to consistently come up short in the playoffs…..is that on Diggs or everyone else? I’m leaning towards both sides deserve equal blame, but the stats show he’s been completely invisible in our last 3 playoff losses.

13rec 119yds 0td in 3 playoff losses 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Not at all…..the point I’m tryna make is Diggs seems frustrated with how we’ve been consistently bumped outta the playoffs and is blaming everything else but himself. He seems to consistently come up short in the playoffs…..is that on Diggs or everyone else? I’m leaning towards both sides deserve equal blame, but the stats show he’s been completely invisible in our last 3 playoff losses.

13rec 119yds 0td in 3 playoff losses 🤷🏽‍♂️

Sounds like the Bills lose more often when they fail to get Diggs involved. Only Diggs and the coaches really know who is at fault there. 

• Like (+1) 1

@HBOTheShop

Bills WR Stefon Diggs was asked what the Bills are missing: "It doesn't make sense. I'll rack my brain with this ***** at this point....I think it's more execution than anything. ***** is small little pieces on why it's not going right...we've got the players. We've got the plays. Why ***** ain't coming together? That's where you draw some of those questions. I never want to question who I am, I never want to question how I am. I'm giving this ***** everything I've got. I'm dying on the hill for that."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.