I’ll throw this out there about Hollywood Brown.

Tipster19

I wouldn’t be surprised if he could be had for a reasonable trade compensation. Arizona is basically starting over and they are under a new regime. He would be the perfect compliment to Diggs and this type of move could help smooth over the end of last season.

This is Brown’s last year of his original contract, he’s due 13.4M for 2023 and then he’s a FA unless the Cardinals pony up and pay him some big bucks. I would think a 2nd or a 3rd rder and possibly one our weak DL, Epenesa or Basham could get this done.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Honestly, I’d rather have Jakobi Meyers at ~10 million/year.

I like this. He's super underrated 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I'd rather have Shakir...Meyers is about the definition of a JAG.

I think Shakir will be a stud going forward but he's primarily a slot guy. 

7 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if he could be had for a reasonable trade compensation. Arizona is basically starting over and they are under a new regime. He would be the perfect compliment to Diggs and this type of move could help smooth over the end of last season.

This is Brown’s last year of his original contract, he’s due 13.4M for 2023 and then he’s a FA unless the Cardinals pony up and pay him some big bucks. I would think a 2nd or a 3rd rder and possibly one our weak DL, Epenesa or Basham could get this done.

Only issue is his salary.  I'd do it too but we'd have to extend him and I wouldn't like that price. He'd want close to Diggs $ , someone will give him 17 a year. I don't see how Buf could pull that off

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Is he? 68.3 catch percentage for his career, playing with Mac Jones in two of those seasons. He's also increased his yards per game each of the last 4 seasons. He's definitely not a stud #1 but we don't need him to be, we just need a guy that can run a 10 yard pattern and catch the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Is he? 68.3 catch percentage for his career, playing with Mac Jones in two of those seasons. He's also increased his yards per game each of the last 4 seasons. He's definitely not a stud #1 but we don't need him to be, we just need a guy that can run a 10 yard pattern and catch the ball. 

I'm available and will come cheap.  Willing to work for $500K / season

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

IMHO Meyers is this years Christian Kirk in terms of people around here underestimating his value in free agency.  He is a young ascending WR, who is also already seen as one of the better slot WR's in the NFL right now who produced on a team with a weak passing game.  I doubt he signs for less than $14M this offseason and his range is IMHO is probably $14M - $16M.  

The WR market is just more expensive now with the higher cap and after the slew of WR deals in both free agency and extensions significantly raising their prices.  Furthermore, Pats signed Nelson Algholor for $11M per season, and Meyers out performed him, so hard to see him taking a deal that is less than what Nelson got in 2021.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

IMHO Meyers is this years Christian Kirk in terms of people around here underestimating his value in free agency.  He is a young ascending WR, who is also already seen as one of the better slot WR's in the NFL right now who produced on a team with a weak passing game.  I doubt he signs for less than $14M this offseason and his range is IMHO is probably $14M - $16M.  

The WR market is just more expensive now with the higher cap and after the slew of WR deals in both free agency and extensions significantly raising their prices.  Furthermore, Pats signed Nelson Algholor for $11M per season, and Meyers out performed him, so hard to see him taking a deal that is less than what Nelson got in 2021.  

Yes, you could very well be correct.  I got Meyers’ projected contract from Spotrac.  IIRC, it was just north of 10 million AAV.

13 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Interesting I thought his drop percentage was higher. I’ve seen him make some spectacular drops so just assumed it was high. 

You ain’t wrong. I was gonna comment earlier about how impactful some of his drops were for Arizona. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Yes, you could very well be correct.  I got Meyers’ projected contract from Spotrac.  IIRC, it was just north of 10 million AAV.

Totally get that, I also like to check out Sportrac.  I do however feel like they are often too low on projected contract values, especially in regard to the higher regarded players in free agency or due expected extensions.  I would be all over Meyers at $10M, just feels unrealistic based on what we saw the WR market do last year combined with the higher cap.  I would love to be wrong and land him for $10M though :)

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

The Bills need to have an OC that will call a 10 yard pattern and a QB that will throw the ball to an open WR on a 10 yard pattern.  When the Bills actually did that, it worked surprisingly well.  An offense can still run the ball and throw short and intermediate passes without taking the deep ball out of the offense.

Edited by msw2112
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Jakobi is getting more than that. Guaran-damn-teed.

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Totally get that, I also like to check out Sportrac.  I do however feel like they are often too low on projected contract values, especially in regard to the higher regarded players in free agency or due expected extensions.  I would be all over Meyers at $10M, just feels unrealistic based on what we saw the WR market do last year combined with the higher cap.  I would love to be wrong and land him for $10M though :)

He is this year's Christian Kirk. Remember last year you and I were two of the only ones on here saying "he is going to get the bag" when lots thought the Bills were in with a realistic shot. 

EDIT: just seen you said exactly this lower down :D

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

No he is NOT. 

Edited by GunnerBill

On 2/22/2023 at 1:03 PM, Tipster19 said:

I would rather trade Ed Oliver for D'Andre Hopkins straight up i think he would be a even better get at WR to off set the coverage on Diggs ! 

On 2/22/2023 at 4:01 PM, gobills404 said:

With how ridiculous the WR market is getting I’m not a fan of trading for 1 season of a guy before he costs $20m+ per year to keep. I’d MUCH rather spend that 2nd or 3rd round pick (or even a 1st) on a WR and get 4 years of cheap labor.

100%...I'm simply not in favor of the Bills spending Draft picks for anything right now...They should be collecting them, and Drafting well...Those Rookie deals are only going to continue to be more and more important over the next few years. The Bills have kind of put themselves in this situation by not maximizing their return in the past few Drafts...But at this point, trading picks is borderline malpractice IMHO...B-)

On 2/22/2023 at 1:07 PM, Big Turk said:

On 2/22/2023 at 1:10 PM, JerseyBills said:

I think Shakir will be a stud going forward but he's primarily a slot guy. 

Aren't you guys sick of projecting superstars out of 5th rounders? Maybe Shakir will be more, maybe he won't. Chances are he won't.

Go make a real investment in the WR room with a high draft pick or a trade.

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, MJS said:

Aren't you guys sick of projecting superstars out of 5th rounders? Maybe Shakir will be more, maybe he won't. Chances are he won't.

Go make a real investment in the WR room with a high draft pick or a trade.

Not trading anything for a guy that I have to give up assets for and then have to pay significant money to as the #2 WR.  You don't build successful teams that way. You find a guy in the draft, which I am clamoring for to begin with. But signing a guy for $10 million that probably isn't as good as a guy already on the roster?  No thanks.

On 2/22/2023 at 2:03 PM, Tipster19 said:

I wouldn't give up any players for him and would probably want to rework that contract. Maybe Beane would extend him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.