For the Dorsey Haters

RoscoeParrish

Some of those criticisms on Josh are ridiculous.

He called out Josh twice for throwing to Diggs 1 on 1 when he had his man beat?

You take that throw all day long..

There were probably 3-4 check downs he should have done,  but to call out like 10 of those plays is just harsh

• Like (+1) 5
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I don't care for the tribal/partisan divides of haters and supporters, because I have a brain, but it's almost always been true during Josh's career that the offense succeeds most efficiently when he's calm and seeing the entire field. 

Zen Josh hasn't been talked about this season, and it shows. We're still awesome because Allen is so good and the team is good, but we're not getting that serene, patient, absolute assassin that we got at times the last two seasons. More shades of the boom or bust prospect we expected, but still probably best case for most of us around draft time.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

Sometimes trying to score in three or four plays isn't in the best interests of the team.  

Among the questions are, is he missing those reads or is he simply going for the gusto more often.  

My biggest criticism is the lack of any kind of methodical approach to our offensive purpose.   Score, yes, but sometimes you can assist yourself in winning the game by taking 14 plays and 8 minutes rather than doing it in 3 plays and 2 minutes.  

Also having gone unsaid in that, Allen shoulders the burden of this team, performance as well as coaching, more than any QB that I've ever known.  

I'm incredibly glad he's a Bill!!!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

People are just going to have to deal with these types of performances from him.  It’s who he is you take the good with the bad

And yesterday was pretty good he led the offense to 34 points against a pretty good defense.  And Shakir (drop 7) Knox (drop 4) and McDermott (not taking a field goal) left another 14 points on the field.  

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Wait ... so he's saying that deep balls are lower percentage options???

NO SH!T.  That's why some QBs attempt more of them than others.  Let's not forget the TuhROD era, when the only deep balls we saw were when defenders fell down.

My only criticism of Josh yesterday was him not protecting the ball better when it was in his hands.

Edited by Gugny
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

If he’s feeling in the zone on the deep shots - take ‘em.  Especially with how Miami was playing.  

Once it was 17-0 take the safe stuff.   

If you are seeing 2 deep, he’ll be taking the safe stuff.  

Yeah just watched it.

I’m more convinced now than I was watching the game.

Josh and Dorsey know exactly what they’re doing.

Our media and fans who are clamoring for run plays and checkdowns are out their minds.

He makes the defense defend every blade of grass. 

Ignore our media, ignore the 4 yard checkdowns and make plays. 

Bombs away on the Pats = should have been 42-points on the board if Gabe doesn’t drop the ball. 

Yesterday he throws for 350 with a 50-yard drop from Shakir. 

Our QB is awesome and our OC recognizes that. 

But no media and fans, let’s run right out there are get Frank Reich or Joe Lombardi so we can lead the league in RB screens. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

34 minutes ago, RoscoeParrish said:

At this point, we’ll maybe not the playoffs,  I would love to see a game where Allen intentionally does not throw beyond 8 -10 yards for the entire game. 

should really string a couple games like that together in the regular season  next year just to get the repetition drilled into his head. We know he will never lose that gunslinger mentality. He would literally be unstoppable if he took the short stuff at a higher percentage.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1

Lol one was an actual deep completion to Diggs that helped us start 17-0. 

I think Josh did determine where he was going with the ball prior to the snap many times when he saw single high and knowing he was going to have pressure really fast, rather than going through progressions. Especially on those play action shots, I’m ok with that. 

All this hand wringing about the game needs to relax. Miami was a tough out for us all year so it was always going to be a tighter game than predicted. Additionally, the Dolphins knew that they needed to force turnovers and so sent a blitz on nearly 40% of Josh’s drop backs. They certainly got their turnovers but they still let up 34 points and lost with that gamble everything strategy. No other team in the playoffs is going to blitz Josh like that and if they do he will make them pay again.

Dorsey could do a little more to counteract some of the Blitzing which will help Josh. Screens, heavy packages, etc which will stop Josh from going deep if that is what Dorsey wants. But I think they knew this was coming and this was the game plan. Go Bills!!

9 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

With the pressure that Miami was bringing, I don’t think Josh had enough time to go through to those 4th option checkdowns. 

So I think the blitzes were disguised at times - the check down had to be determined pre snap - if you’re wrong it’s a possible pick.  Or an incompletion that makes the D see what they’re doing is working - gets them fired up.  

And just near misses give you some pause like man, we can’t keep unleashing like that.

The deep shots are also something they aren’t expecting as Darius Slay was saying on Twitter.  

Look at some of those replays and try and determine pre snap where you’d go.  There were a few I guessed a guy that was double teamed somehow.  

• Like (+1) 2

Holy *****, we had a WR that broke off his route and another that let a ball hit him in the chest. Ironically the two guys that have played the least football this season. If these plays don’t happen this game is a ***** blowout. We had two passes in the endzone that were inches away from being TDs, one of them that baffled me how it was overturned. Diggs and Shakir each dropped a 50 yarder. Knox dropped another mid range in tight coverage. ***** happens. Allen’s game wasn’t that bad, it’s just the talking heads that pick apart every mistake like he’s the only ***** player on this team. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

At this point, we’ll maybe not the playoffs,  I would love to see a game where Allen intentionally does not throw beyond 8 -10 yards for the entire game. 

should really string a couple games like that together in the regular season  next year just to get the repetition drilled into his head. We know he will never lose that gunslinger mentality. He would literally be unstoppable if he took the short stuff at a higher percentage.

Did you watch the Cowboys tonight score 30+ ?

Wasn’t because Dak played it safe all night. 

Why do you want the Bills to become the Indianapolis Colts on offense? 

Should we trade for Zack Moss again and start the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Did you watch the Cowboys tonight score 30+ ?

Wasn’t because Dak played it safe all night. 

Why do you want the Bills to become the Indianapolis Colts on offense? 

Should we trade for Zack Moss again and start the 3 yards and a cloud of dust offense? 

The greatest to ever do it was a check down machine despite having the ability to air it out at times. I take note of that and would like Allen to add more of the pre-snap check down passes to his arsenal. I think he can do it. He continues to improve in different ways every year. Eventually he will be the total package.

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The greatest to ever do it was a check down machine despite having the ability to air it out at times. I take note of that and would like Allen to add more of the pre-snap check down passes to his arsenal. I think he can do it. He continues to improve in different ways every year. Eventually he will be the total package.

You you didn’t draft Tom Brady, you drafted Josh Allen. 

He’s the best QB in our franchise history. 

Just now, Dr.Sack said:

After watching Tom Brady struggle to complete 6 yard slants I’m happy to watch 50 yard bombs all game.

Let em’

Listen, they might go 2-high shell all game, but why should Allen not challenge Eli Apple and Cam Taylor-Britt?

And instead throw to running backs covered by Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson? 

• Agree 1

I don't want Allen to change who he is at his core.  I love the fact that he takes the deep shots more often than not.  But, what I do want for Allen is for him to be completely unstoppable and he has the potential to do that because he has a skill set like nobody has ever had in the NFL. 

Teams are forced to play Allen differently than any other QB.  They are forced to play deeper because they know that is where Allen wants to go with this ball.  Like I said earlier, I want Allen pushing the ball down the field because he can.  But, I also want that to become as easy as possible to do.  All I need Allen to do is take the "free cheese" underneath just enough to force defenses to respect that he might do that.  Teams play Allen so deep, that there are several times underneath options are wide open that can easily gain 7-15 yards almost every time.  So, in an ideal world, I want Allen to almost set teams up for deep shots by taking a few of these underneath routes early forcing the defense to come up and respect them.  And, if they keep giving Allen the easy pitch and catch, so be it.  Just march down the field chunk by chunk.  But once teams start creeping up I absolutely want Allen chucking the ball down the field.

Allen started this year doing this really well.  Go back and take a look at some of those early games this year when he was just going off on teams.  He was hitting deep shots for sure, but he was also taking the easy stuff when it presented itself, and he was on a record pace to put up something like 6,300 total yards like halfway through the season.  It was ridiculous.  But, somewhere along the way, he started to stray away for mixing things up and I'm not sure why.  Regardless, there are opportunities there to take some of these underneath routes, especially early in games, to make those deeper throws even more open. 

But you can't change who Allen is and nobody should want to.  Keep chucking that Duke, 17!  But maybe just make it a bit easier on yourself and I think you will find that teams will get even more frustrated playing you than they already are.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

You you didn’t draft Tom Brady, you drafted Josh Allen. 

He’s the best QB in our franchise history. 

Let em’

Listen, they might go 2-high shell all game, but why should Allen not challenge Eli Apple and Cam Taylor-Britt?

And instead throw to running backs covered by Germaine Pratt and Logan Wilson? 

Exactly. Allen can laser balls that split safeties (Detroit game ender). Bengals secondary sucks balls worse than Brady’s ex-Gisele. 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Maybe not 10 yards, but we had several games in a row where Josh didn't throw deep once. Right after the elbow injury. I love healthy Josh. Keep chucking them Josh!!

48 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

With the pressure that Miami was bringing, I don’t think Josh had enough time to go through to those 4th option checkdowns. 

Right… He’s not going to be seeing those looks very much the rest of the playoffs. It’s more a Miami thing 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Maybe not 10 yards, but we had several games in a row where Josh didn't throw deep once. Right after the elbow injury. I love healthy Josh. Keep chucking them Josh!!

Ding Ding Ding

Only throw 10-yards Josh……

Until we need a 36 yard completion with 30 seconds left to win in Detroit. 

Then it’s ok, uncork it and literally turn an OT game into a W.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ding Ding Ding

Only throw 10-yards Josh……

Until we need a 36 yard completion with 30 seconds left to win in Detroit. 

Then it’s ok, uncork it and literally turn an OT game into a W.

It's his game. He's always worked in chaos. Just got to get him to work in controlled chaos. I don't have a problem with most of his deep balls yesterday. The receivers all had a step or two on the defenders, just gotta hit a better percentage is all.

• Agree 1

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

It's his game. He's always worked in chaos. Just got to get him to work in controlled chaos. I don't have a problem with most of his deep balls yesterday. The receivers all had a step or two on the defenders, just gotta hit a better percentage is all.

Hey Josh, can we incorporate the Kirk Cousins tuck and turtle eyes-closed heave to the middle of the field when under pressure throw? 

No, you stand in there and throw 61-yard ropes to Diggs? 

Nah we hate that, give me Austin Ekeler and 107 receptions for 7.7 ypc. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Hey Josh, can we incorporate the Kirk Cousins tuck and turtle eyes-closed heave to the middle of the field when under pressure throw? 

No, you stand in there and throw 61-yard ropes to Diggs? 

Nah we hate that, give me Austin Ekeler and 107 receptions for 7.7 ypc. 

I'll take 75% Josh over Herbert. Never seen a player get so much credit while not accomplishing a single thing. Oh wait here's another 5 yard Herbert heave!!

I'll take 75% Josh over Herbert. Never seen a player get so much credit while not accomplishing a single thing. Oh wait here's another 5 yard Herbert heave!!

I like Herbert.

But:

1. He’s not as coordinated as Allen when running, and he doesn’t enjoy the physicality of running. He will not lower the shoulder and get the first down.

2. Chargers have a ton of possession and in the case of Mike Williams, jump ball contest WRs. When they lost Guyton they really lost their only vertical stretcher. 

3. His mechanics are great, he throws a precision ball. But this year the points production is down, and he did nothing in the second half of that Playoff game. 

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I like Herbert.

But:

1. He’s not as coordinated as Allen when running, and he doesn’t enjoy the physicality of running. He will not lower the shoulder and get the first down.

2. Chargers have a ton of possession and in the case of Mike Williams, jump ball contest WRs. When they lost Guyton they really lost their only vertical stretcher. 

3. His mechanics are great, he throws a precision ball. But this year the points production is down, and he did nothing in the second half of that Playoff game. 

I've seen him a few times this year and I swear only 1 in every 20 balls went 15 yards past the LOS. A ton of screens, swing passes and checkdowns. 

I've seen him a few times this year and I swear only 1 in every 20 balls went 15 yards past the LOS. A ton of screens, swing passes and checkdowns. 

I saw somewhere today, think it was the CBS article, saying Herbert was 3.3% big time throw rate, 127 balls thrown behind the line of scrimmage, and had an ADT of 7.0 yards. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.