For the Dorsey Haters

RoscoeParrish

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

And yesterday was pretty good he led the offense to 34 points against a pretty good defense.  And Shakir (drop 7) Knox (drop 4) and McDermott (not taking a field goal) left another 14 points on the field.  

A pretty good defense? They’re 24th in points allowed.

20 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I saw somewhere today, think it was the CBS article, saying Herbert was 3.3% big time throw rate, 127 balls thrown behind the line of scrimmage, and had an ADT of 7.0 yards. 

Probably had something to do with Mike Williams and Allen missing a ton of time.

1 hour ago, RoscoeParrish said:

First clip 7 seconds. The WR has a step on him. This is where he should throw the ball. 

Second clip 19 seconds. The QB had a little more than 2 one thousand to throw the ball. He had no time for second read and a player in his face on the right side.

Third clip 32 seconds. The checkdown was being spied on. he might of gotten 5 yards on that play or he might of beat his man. Ball should have been checked

Fourth clip 43 seconds. That ball even if laid up had chances to be tipped and I do not blame Josh for not going for the short pass here.

Fifth clip 53 seconds? you joking me? That defender jumped the rout, would of been an int.

Sixth clip. Beas should have caught that pass all day. enough said here.

Seventh Clip. Perfect Throw. What's the problem?

Eighth clip. 1:30. Oh my JA cant miss this one

Ninth Clip 1:53. Josh saw 2 safeties lurking and didn't like it. I think it had a chance.

Last clip. Also on JA. wrong place to throw

So 2 times in the whole game JA should of thrown the ball somewhere else? I can live with this.

The way I saw it, the way you beat a blitz is screens. Your Supposed to put your QB in a position for success. Our last OC did a great job of it. This OC is failing.

One last thought on this video. When you send Blitzes like this, one of the things they do is disturb the QB's throwing lanes. WR's Also need to leave more room on the outside for these throws to be made along the sideline. There was plenty of blame to be shared on this game.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

First clip 7 seconds. The WR has a step on him. This is where he should throw the ball. 

Second clip 19 seconds. The QB had a little more than 2 one thousand to throw the ball. He had no time for second read and a player in his face on the right side.

Third clip 32 seconds. The checkdown was being spied on. he might of gotten 5 yards on that play or he might of beat his man. Ball should have been checked

Fourth clip 43 seconds. That ball even if laid up had chances to be tipped and I do not blame Josh for not going for the short pass here.

Fifth clip 53 seconds? you joking me? That defender jumped the rout, would of been an int.

Sixth clip. Beas should have caught that pass all day. enough said here.

Seventh Clip. Perfect Throw. What's the problem?

Eighth clip. 1:30. Oh my JA cant miss this one

Ninth Clip 1:53. Josh saw 2 safeties lurking and didn't like it. I think it had a chance.

Last clip. Also on JA. wrong place to throw

So 2 times in the whole game JA should of thrown the ball somewhere else? I can live with this.

The way I saw it, the way you beat a blitz is screens. Your Supposed to put your QB in a position for success. Our last OC did a great job of it. This OC is failing.

One last thought on this video. When you send Blitzes like this, one of the things they do is disturb the QB's throwing lanes. WR's Also need to leave more room on the outside for these throws to be made along the sideline. There was plenty of blame to be shared on this game.

I think the point was other receivers were open on higher percentage passes. Not that Josh made a bad decision every time.

Just now, FireChans said:

I think the point was other receivers were open on higher percentage passes. Not that Josh made a bad decision every time.

go to every clip where they show highlighted WR's. This is what I am referring to. There has to be screen audibles in play here against blitzing teams. Presnap, Josh is given a few options to move from plays.

17 seconds. only 3 receiving routs.. What the living heck is up with that?

Does anyone even consider the coaching!  Dorsey has said on record that his philosophy is to be aggressive.  If Dorsey and Josh are averaging 26 yds per attempted play, or abandoning the run, ultimately it falls on the head coach to reorient the game plan.  Like, “Ken, pull your head out your ass and grind clock”

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

17 seconds. only 3 receiving routs.. What the living heck is up with that?

Unique situation there. Cover zero blitz on 3rd and 15. It's really not a bad play. Anyone that would have leaked out of the back field likely would have been tackled short. It's a low risk / high reward through because you have one on coverage. 

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is true on every deep completion in the history of the NFL. It's really a bizarre clip, I have no clue what Kendall Mirsky(?) is trying to prove. The fanbase's obsession with checkdowns has become pathologic. We are not going to become better than the #2 scoring offense in football by throwing the ball to Singletary for 5 yards more often than we do. If Dorsey wants to get our RBs and TEs involved in the pass game he's welcome to call more designed targets in their direction, or run the ball more. Our offense has been highly successful for three years now throwing the ball 10+ yards down the field to our WRs. Allen didn't lead the greatest QB stretch in NFL playoff history by throwing underneath routes to Devin Singletary and Quintin Morris. We've become so spoiled that a 34 point performance despite untimely drops and overthrows is a reason to change the entire formula that made us a Super Bowl contender. 

• Like (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I've seen him a few times this year and I swear only 1 in every 20 balls went 15 yards past the LOS. A ton of screens, swing passes and checkdowns. 

Funny, the exact type of throws most of us are asking Ken Dorsey to put more of in the play book. 

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Funny, the exact type of throws most of us are asking Ken Dorsey to put more of in the play book. 

I agree and just mentioned I found it odd there were no screens, draws, misdirection or trick plays called against a really aggressive defense. If you don't give them a reason to slow down their pass rush, they're going to keep coming.

12 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Offense first is the state of the league.

That said, it's ridiculous to be passing on 3rd and 1 when up big. Not converting stops the clock. At least run it and see what happens. Go for it on 4th if need be.

I LOVE McDermott, but I feel bad for Josh, because of this. Especially at QB, there's a distinct advantage of having a former OC as a HC.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

Some of those criticisms on Josh are ridiculous.

He called out Josh twice for throwing to Diggs 1 on 1 when he had his man beat?

You take that throw all day long..

There were probably 3-4 check downs he should have done,  but to call out like 10 of those plays is just harsh

They aren't "criticisms."

"100%, I just personally would like to see the deep shots dialed back a bit This was not a reel to show how Allen made the wrong read every single time. Simply to show that Josh Allen has open options at various levels of the field (on both successful and unsuccessful plays)."  - Mirsky, a bit further down the chain

Says he's pushing back on the idea some are pushing that Allen is being forced to go long by Dorsey. Specifically, in one tweet, "Pushing back on the idea from people that Josh is forced to throw it deep bcuz of play calling or the way things are schemed up."  - Mirsky again, a little further down the chain.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Offense first is the state of the league.

That said, it's ridiculous to be passing on 3rd and 1 when up big. Not converting stops the clock. At least run it and see what happens. Go for it on 4th if need be.

And yet, McDermott's offense has out performed all of them except one the entire season.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, RoscoeParrish said:

I don't agree on some of those examples. There were defenders sitting in areas where he thought he should have went. 

7 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

People are just going to have to deal with these types of performances from him.  It’s who he is you take the good with the bad

People were crucifying Mahomes for the same type of INTs last season. I guarantee Daboll would have reeled him in

I would naturally prefer he lower the turnover numbers and try to hit the open check down a few more times a game.  My only issue with JA is WHO he ends up throwing/forcing the ball to when he does not hit the checkdown and ends up with an INT or a bad miss.  It always seems like it is Davis or Knox.  I wish if he was going to throw into tight/double coverage, it was most often to Diggs.  I can live with trying to force the ball to your best playmaker and it going bad.  I cringe when I watch him force it in to Davis with 2 guys on him, realizing, even if open he would most likely drop the pass anyway.  If every one of JA's INTs this year were to Diggs, I would almost be at peace with them all.  Plus, Diggs is going to come down with some of those when blanketed.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.