We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

18 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

For some reason, this Nick Wright exchange got under my skin. Yeah, people say that he's seeking attention. But he could criticize Joe Burrow and get just as much attention but he never does. In fact, no one ever says a negative thing about St. Joe. He's thrown 2 fewer interceptions than Josh this year, but none of his INTs are ever his fault. A stat line of 209 and 1 TD in a playoff game and they are measuring him for a gold jacket on the NFL Network. He was outplayed by Tyler Huntley FCS. 

Also, people in Cincinnati are getting out of hand. Women on Facebook are showing off their Sam Hubbard needlepoints. I had a grandmother yell "Who DEY!!!" at me in a Kroger parking lot and she was with her grandkids. 

I live here too and I just relish it.

Yell you bandwagon fans.

Mo Eger just said it on 1530. For years there was nobody wearing Bengals gear except on game days at the stadium.

They want you to be scared and question your team. 

Steal a line from Rex: I’m not here to bow down.

They got Burrow because they were the worst team in the league.

They got Chase because they got Burrow’s knee destroyed and picked Top 5 again. 

It's Nick Wrights gimmick, and he plays it well. Honestly we know what Josh is capable of and that's all that matters. If the Bills win this game he will still spin it in some sort of negative way. It's for clicks and the more we give those clicks to him, the more he will continue to do what he does. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I know it's a big "if" but if the jags pull off (another) the upset do they come to orchard park? I felt the neutral site would only apply to the bengals and don't understand why the neutral site would apply to kc? I would rather see the bills go in to arrowhead if kc wins. I mean, it's not like the bills can't win there?

Correct.  The neutral site only applies if KC/Bills play.  Jags would play here in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I live here too and I just relish it.

Yell you bandwagon fans.

Mo Eger just said it on 1530. For years there was nobody wearing Bengals gear except on game days at the stadium.

They want you to be scared and question your team. 

Steal a line from Rex: I’m not here to bow down.

They got Burrow because they were the worst team in the league.

They got Chase because they got Burrow’s knee destroyed and picked Top 5 again. 

For years, the answer to Who Dey? was pretty much everyone and especially the Steelers.

7 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

thanks for the reply. well, I just don't see the need for a neutral site. as bad as that may sound, I would rather see them beat kc, in kc. my question is why did they choose to have a neutral site for bills/kc and not bills/bengals. kind of confusing the hell out of me.

Because the Bills have the same number of losses as KC and Cinci has one more loss than the Bills.  If Cinci and the Bills had the same record then that would probably have been played on a neutral field as well.

• Like (+1) 1

So I just decided to make the trip from SLC to Buff this weekend for Cincy.  Been a fan for over 30 years but it will be my first home game!  Coming out solo and there's some decent priced re-sale single tickets on TM in sections 243, 240, 223.  Any advice for a first timer on those seat locations?  I was hoping for 100 level but those are still above $300.  Looking to stay below $250.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Defense Coordinator Lou Anarumo will change up his defenses. He will make wht he feels are the right adjustments. He's probably one of the best in game adjusters in the game. The real question is their defense talented enough to cobtain the Bills O. 

This game is a very tough test for the Bills defense. The Bengals have a lot of weapons. The Bills secondary simply cannot match up with their pass catchers. We saw that already. Elam will likely aget tourched by Chase and Higgins. Be careful what you ask for. The key will be the Bills front vs the weakened injuried Bengals Oline. The Bills need to pressure, disrupt, and confuse Burrow. No easy task. If they don't Burrow will shred the Bills secondary. You can bet on that.  

You're right.  Might as well not even watch the game.  The Bills wont be able to score after the first couple drives and our D wont stop them ever.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, astb41 said:

I was hoping for 100 level but those are still above $300.  Looking to stay below $250.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

For reference, my 100 level sideline seat cost me $200 as a sth.  It's not for sale but if I had to sell on TM the price would be likely near $270 just to offset the TM fees.  So I'm not sure there's much room for those to come down.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, astb41 said:

So I just decided to make the trip from SLC to Buff this weekend for Cincy.  Been a fan for over 30 years but it will be my first home game!  Coming out solo and there's some decent priced re-sale single tickets on TM in sections 243, 240, 223.  Any advice for a first timer on those seat locations?  I was hoping for 100 level but those are still above $300.  Looking to stay below $250.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I prefer 200 level. certain sections (224-226) are the family section (no alcohol if that’s your thing)

Really cant go wrong bro. Enjoy

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Everyone, go look at this and tell me how the Bengals are like an unbeatable team that you cannot afford to make any mistakes against. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals

nobody is unbeatable

the bills are the best all around team in the league....on paper

hopefully, we play near our best and the ball bounces our way

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Everyone, go look at this and tell me how the Bengals are like an unbeatable team that you cannot afford to make any mistakes against. 

It's a recency bias.  They looked about ready to score 2 TDs on their first 2 drives against us, therefor people think they were going to score TDs on every drive and that game was surely unwinnable.   

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

29 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

For reference, my 100 level sideline seat cost me $200 as a sth.  It's not for sale but if I had to sell on TM the price would be likely near $270 just to offset the TM fees.  So I'm not sure there's much room for those to come down.  

That helps a ton actually thank you!

3 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I can't believe it's been this long since a Bills vs. Bengals playoff game.

The good old days. Were you alive when this game was played? Do you remember it?

College northern NY. I had to physically hold the rabbit ear antenna to get a very fuzzy picture on a 13”. Was it Ronnie Harmon dropping passes?

image.thumb.jpeg.5a827567e36c311174735acd2af270a2.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, wjag said:

These late season moves are head scratchers.  What could possible be achieved by replacing 3rd string players who know the playbook and have practiced with the team all season for some 3rd stringers who have not?

Yeah I dont get that either.  I dont really care about the players we cut but it doesnt make much sense to bring new people in at this point.  They arent going to get them acclimated to our system at this point in time anyhow.

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, astb41 said:

The stadium has great sitelines no matter where you sit. I think the 200 section is heated but I've never sat in the 200s so I am not sure if those specific sections are or not.

21 minutes ago, astb41 said:

That helps a ton actually thank you!

NP - mine is on the 30 yard line, the price would come down a bit towards the end zone, you know the deal.  The thing with TM is they ding the buyer and the seller with fees, so anyone selling for what it cost them would lose money. 

Also remember the large scoreboard is at the end that says scoreboard, opposite the end with the Miller brewing pub, I'm not sure what it's like watching replays if you sit under the scoreboard.  There is another smaller video board at the end with the Miller brewing pub.  

We all have a baked in fear of “when will the other shoe drop” and when will things go wrong? It’s not our fault, it was unfortunately force fed into us through decades of disappointment. For some of us, thats not going to go away until we finish one of these….The truth is this is going to be a very tough game. The Bengals have a lot of talent and they are playing excellent football right now. It’s the playoffs, no cheapies and it’s going to take our best football to move on. We get that. All that being said, the Bills are very tough to beat. We lost 3 games this year by a total of 8 points. We have had a battle hardened schedule and faced constant adversity from week 3 throughout. It’s very hard to go into Buffalo and win in the playoffs. The fans will do the Bengals no favors and I’m thinking the refs may not either. We are programmed to think we can’t have nice things but this team is great. The Bengals should be afraid of us because it will not be an easy game for them either. It’s an exciting time to be a Bills fan and it’s going to be a battle out there, but there’s no reason to think we can’t pull this off. Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

You're right.  Might as well not even watch the game.  The Bills wont be able to score after the first couple drives and our D wont stop them ever.

You are taking what I said out of context. We got a small sample of what the Bengals can do. They Bills for whatever it's worth were having major difficulty stopping the Bengals. Can we agree on that? 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, astb41 said:

That’s a nice trip. I got a pair of tix in the 100 level early yesterday for $280/ea.  fees added another $100+ to the final total.  The other prices i saw were quite a bit more in that moment so i jumped on them.  we’re making the 8 hour drive for this huge game. I wasn’t going to but it was like there was a “calling” in my head to get tix and come up.lol

I came up for a game in November and sat in Sec. 240.  Not all the 200 sections have radiant heat.  only the sections under the overhang have it.  240 does not, you are exposed to the elements as are the other similar 200 level sections.

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Holy ***** rescue me from these new ass bengals fans around Cbus popping out of the woodwork this week - they didn’t say a word week 17 but all of a sudden this week they are feeling themselves way too much. Not gonna make it til Sunday 

Ha. They’re really lippy right about now. 

1 hour ago, GottaRun said:

It's a recency bias.  They looked about ready to score 2 TDs on their first 2 drives against us, therefor people think they were going to score TDs on every drive and that game was surely unwinnable.   

Yes, and didn't the Bears start almost the same way against us?  Touchdown and then another promising drive that stalled.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

The stadium has great sitelines no matter where you sit. I think the 200 section is heated but I've never sat in the 200s so I am not sure if those specific sections are or not.

the 200’s in the end zones are not heated.  Only along the sidelines (and only rows 7 and up, at that).

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

- Allen is an ultra-aggressive dual-threat QB with a shoddy offensive line. He is going to turn the ball over. Lawrence threw 4 first-half INTs and JAX survived.

- Really hope we run, run, and run some more. Cook, Singletary, and Hines. Allen on designs, RPOs, and scrambles. Diggs, Shakir, and possibly McKenzie on sweeps. I saw someone posted BAL ran at Hendrickson so effectively CIN had to reserve him for passing downs. Do that. I am absolutely OK with a win including Allen's stat line at 15/21 for 208 and 1 TD.

- I hope OBD contacted the NFL about the 5-10 delay of games that went uncalled against MIA. I also hope McDermott brings that up to this week's officials before the game kicks off.

- While I agree our heavy draft investment into the defensive line must carry its weight, I think it will be maybe more important that White, Johnson, and Elam have incredible games matching up man-to-man and jamming CIN's big 3 WRs. We spend all game in zone and Burrow will shred us.

- When everyone zigs, zag. I'm calling a game with no more than 45 total points.  

- Personally, I am assuming CIN's offensive line is fully healthy until I see an inactive list stating otherwise. 

- Allen and Burrow are basically equal passers. Allen is by far the better runner. I think that makes him the better overall QB. 

- Hendrickson was not trying to help Allen with his shoelaces. Hurst was not trying to give Johnson a neck massage. I love the BUF-CIN relationship what with Dalton/Boyd/Drought and the overall great way their organization gave support through the Hamlin incident. But let's not kid ourselves, regardless of religious affiliation these guys are going to try to cheap shot and injure our most important starters. That should be the topic of conversation with the refs before McDermott brings up the delay of game or any other issue pre-game. The players need to keep aware of this as much as possible while still playing loose.

- "Who Dey?" is stupid and even if it came first, which I doubt, "Who Dat?" is better. 

- There's only one matchup I can think of that is more exciting with juicier storylines than BUF vs. CIN, and that's BUF vs. KC. Buffalo-based wig, hair dye, alcohol, marijuana, and stress ball companies should have a banner quarter. 

- LETS GO BUFFALO!!! Strangle the Bengals!!! GO BILLS!!!

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

Were approaching most overrated team/QB in the league with the Bengals and Burrow. People acting like they are the greatest show on turf. Expected from the talking heads but on here it's becoming silly. 

Bills need to score 40 to win? Give me a break. The Bengals team total is 22, go bet it then. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Process said:

Were approaching most overrated team/QB in the league with the Bengals and Burrow. People acting like they are the greatest show on turf. Expected from the talking heads but on here it's becoming silly. 

Bills need to score 40 to win? Give me a break. The Bengals team total is 22, go bet it then. 

I agree, according to soooo many people around here, you'd think the Bengals were 17-0 and won every game 56-10. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

You are taking what I said out of context. We got a small sample of what the Bengals can do. They Bills for whatever it's worth were having major difficulty stopping the Bengals. Can we agree on that? 

While you're correct that the 1 series the Bengals had the ball the Bills didn't stop them. Bills moved the ball on them also with their 1 series. That being said, it's not even remotely close to being enough to determine anything at all regarding either team. 

And I'm sure you noticed that Bills defense has a habit of starting off slow and picks it up soon after. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

I’m starting to feel this game and i can see the Bills really putting out a great effort. 

Cinci is good, obviously, but you look at their recent string of playoff success their turnover ratio in the games are +2 +2 +1 +2 +1.  They are creating and feasting off other teams mistakes and eeking out close wins.

Looking at the Bills schedule, they haven’t played a real solid dominant home game since Pittsburgh.  In the 6 home games since then, they’ve jumped out to leads in some but went ice cold and/or hung on for dear life.  New England was weird since who knows what happens if they don’t get once in a generation kickoff returns? That won’t happen again.   

I really think Buffalo will play the game of their lives Sunday. They just need to control emotions and not get too amped up (which leads to missed tackles and blown assignments) They should be able to, they’ve played in plenty of big games the past couple years. Can’t wait.