Tua ruled out vs Buffalo, Skylar Thompson expected to start

Process

5 minutes ago, stlbills13 said:

I'm sure the NFL wants Bills vs Bengals but the league has to hate that Lamar and Tua are out and essentially making two playoff games totally non competitive. I mean that's part of the price you pay when you expand the playoff field and add a 17th game but 3 of the 6 games this weekend may not be within 10 points and one is Daniel Jones vs Kirk Cousins. Not sure what they can do to prevent this but this is kind of an unappealing playoff weekend if you aren't a fan of one of the teams

I don't know what's going on with Lamar.

Maybe he's decided he's done with Baltimore.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/11/report-lamar-jackson-not-looking-good-for-sunday/

4 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, all Wilson really did there really was effectively manage the game and manage not to lose it for them.

Well if your not Mahomes, Burrow, etc that is how you beat the Bills. Dont make mistakes, keep position of the ball, and hope the Bills beat themselves. 

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Allen had 291 yards of offense and 2tds 

Even with two interceptions he did not get outplayed lol 

Total Stats:

Allen, Passing, 18/34, 205 yards, 0 TD, 2 Int; Rushing, 9 carries, 86 yards, 2 TD

Wilson, Passing 18/25, 154 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int; Rushing, 5 carries, 24 yards, 0 TD

Aside from the stats above, I watched the game.  Wilson made a lot of timely completions when they were needed.  Allen had a bad game and his 2 picks were extremely costly to the Bills.  I don't know if Wilson outplayed Allen (it's a subjective opinion), but in my opinion, Wilson made more plays at the time his team needed them.  I don't think it's laughable ("lol") for someone to have the opinion that Wilson outplayed Allen.

I personally think that Wilson had a better game than Allen that day.  And I think that Allen is one of the top players in the NFL who will someday be in the Hall of Fame, whereas I think that Wilson will be out of football within the next couple years, chasing MILFs with all of the free time he's going to have.  It just wasn't Allen's best day.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I never thought there was a good chance of Tua playing.

Miami was already getting criticized with how some perceived how they handled Tua's concussions and now under this current climate post Damar Hamlin where player safety is at the forefront of the NFL more so now than I can ever remember.  Couple that with contrast in how McD was praised with how he handled this situation, I just couldn't see the NFL, Miami medical personnel and even McDaniels possibly risking Tua to come back out.  The NFL and Miami and McDaniels would have been crucified if they had allowed him to play and if he'd received another concussion.

The social pressure was too strong and he most likely wasn't ready to come back and play anyhow.

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Well if your not Mahomes, Burrow, etc that is how you beat the Bills. Dont make mistakes, keep position of the ball, and hope the Bills beat themselves. 

All depends on what version of the Bills O shows up.  If it's the one that struggles to get the ball in the endzone, or worse, keeps turning the ball over in the redzone, they certainly are beatable.

If it's the Bills O that has looked unstoppable at several points throughout the season, you're going to need a Mahomes or Burrow there. The return of the long ball last week looks very promising.

Edited by Billz4ever

Funny people are debating "if" the Bills could lose this game. I have not ready anything that says the game is scary or Bills are in trouble. Just that MIA has some tools that if they play them right it could be close. If you dont think there is a chance then dont get in the discussion just to tell others they are dumb. I remember the first Jets game saying the Bills being favored so much seemed odd (think it was -13) and was told how I am clueless and the Jets are terrible blah blah blah.

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

All depends on what version of the Bills O shows up.  If it's the one that struggles to get the ball in the endzone, or worse, keeps turning the ball over in the endzone, they certainly are beatable.

If it's the Bills O that has looked unstoppable at several points throughout the season, you're going to need a Mahomes or Burrow there. The return of the long ball last week looks very promising.

Or what D shows up. If the fins can pound the rock the Bills may have only so many chances to score even if they score at will. 

3 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

I despise ANY injuries. All this does is give the Phins false hope that things might have been different if he played. The Phins have been a pretender all year....but somehow they don't recognize it. Must be all that salt water lowering their IQ

During the patriots Super Bowl runs im sure they were very concerned about the optics of beating JP Losman twice a year. It really sullied their legacy. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Funny people are debating "if" the Bills could lose this game. I have not ready anything that says the game is scary or Bills are in trouble. Just that MIA has some tools that if they play them right it could be close. If you dont think there is a chance then dont get in the discussion just to tell others they are dumb. I remember the first Jets game saying the Bills being favored so much seemed odd (think it was -13) and was told how I am clueless and the Jets are terrible blah blah blah.

Or what D shows up. If the fins can pound the rock the Bills may have only so many chances to score even if they score at will. 

Not saying the fish won't be able to run because they certainly were able to last game, but if Mostert is a no-go, that's better for us.  Wilson is a capable back, but not the same IMO.

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I never thought there was a good chance of Tua playing.

Miami was already getting criticized with how some perceived how they handled Tua's concussions and now under this current climate post Damar Hamlin where player safety is at the forefront of the NFL more so now than I can ever remember.  Couple that with contrast in how McD was praised with how he handled this situation, I just couldn't see the NFL, Miami medical personnel and even McDaniels possibly risking Tua to come back out.  The NFL and Miami and McDaniels would have been crucified if they had allowed him to play and if he'd received another concussion.

The social pressure was too strong and he most likely wasn't ready to come back and play anyhow.

Not to mention that letting Tua play so soon after his concussions also subjects other players to possible stressful situation al as the Hamlin injury.  Say Tua just is even just tripped up  getting a botched snap and hits his head with enough force to trigger some spasms.  

Not likely to happen  but just the possibility of another  concussion at the rate he's been getting them is all the reason needed to not play him.  If anything further occurred the damage would be huge.

19 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Yeah, all Wilson really did there really was effectively manage the game and manage not to lose it for them.

That’s probably McDaniel’s goal for Skylar too.  Someone asked McDaniel during the press conference how the Dolphins expected to match points with the Bills. McDaniel’s response was they can’t “chase points” but need to win with all phases, as a team.

The Dolphins only hope of beating the Bills is to win all three phases, and even then they will need the Bills to stink up the joint. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Total Stats:

Allen, Passing, 18/34, 205 yards, 0 TD, 2 Int; Rushing, 9 carries, 86 yards, 2 TD

Wilson, Passing 18/25, 154 yards, 1 TD, 0 Int; Rushing, 5 carries, 24 yards, 0 TD

Aside from the stats above, I watched the game.  Wilson made a lot of timely completions when they were needed.  Allen had a bad game and his 2 picks were extremely costly to the Bills.  I don't know if Wilson outplayed Allen (it's a subjective opinion), but in my opinion, Wilson made more plays at the time his team needed them.  I don't think it's laughable ("lol") for someone to have the opinion that Wilson outplayed Allen.

I personally think that Wilson had a better game than Allen that day.  And I think that Allen is one of the top players in the NFL who will someday be in the Hall of Fame, whereas I think that Wilson will be out of football within the next couple years, chasing MILFs with all of the free time he's going to have.  It just wasn't Allen's best day.

Allen had a bad day for him 100%

290 yards and 2tds is still better than 175 yards total and 1 td… even with the turnovers 

You can win games with Josh Allens stat line… your not winning often in the NFL with sub 200 yards and one touchdown from your quarterback… You’re gonna need a tremendous ground game

And I don’t think I’ve missed a bills game in 30 years lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

That’s probably McDaniel’s goal for Skylar too.  Someone asked McDaniel during the press conference how the Dolphins expected to match points with the Bills. McDaniel’s response was they can’t “chase points” but need to win with all phases, as a team.

The Dolphins only hope of beating the Bills is to win all three phases, and even then they will need the Bills to stink up the joint. 

Yep, the Bills beating themselves is the only way the Fish have a chance here.  Bills are clearly the more talented.

Edited by Billz4ever

37 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

I don't like over-confidence and neither do the football gods. The Dolphins, a division rival with nothing to lose, still have a roster of NFL players and the Bills, at times, play down to their competition.

I believe the Bills will win. But I will not get cocky about this game.

I’m not going to get cocky either… this is the Buffalo Bills we are talking about whom I have followed from afar these past 40 years..and in that time I have seen a lot of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory… even happened this year against the Vikings .. 

However, this Week 1 game has now turned into a best case scenario… at home against a third string QB..

Just take care of business .. like they have been doing these past 6 weeks to be fair to them..

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, damj said:

Any word on Raheem Mouseturd?

Reports are he had surgery Monday but was out of practice today as most people would assume.

Not looking good for Sunday.  I don't know how effectively a RB can play with 1 hand in a cast anyway. Wouldn't have to worry about him catching the ball and can only really carry in one arm. Would be ripe for a turnover.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Amaru523 said:

I agree that the Bills sometimes play down to the competition in the regular season, where a couple losses don't mean much (in terms of elimination), but the playoffs are a completely different animal. No way imo do the Bills play down to the comp starting now. 

As I stated, I do believe that the Bills will win. But I'm with you here and I really hope you're right.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I’m not going to get cocky either… this is the Buffalo Bills we are talking about whom I have followed from afar these past 40 years..and in that time I have seen a lot of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory… even happened this year against the Vikings .. 

However, this Week 1 game has now turned into a best case scenario… at home against a third string QB..

Just take care of business .. like they have been doing these past 6 weeks to be fair to them..

The bills are 12 and one all time at home at Ralph Wilson stadium in the playoffs

And we’re playing a third Stringer

We are fans… No overestimating or underestimating will impact the game… They are burnt tuna

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

The bills are 12 and one all time at home at Ralph Wilson stadium in the playoffs

And we’re playing a third Stringer

We are fans… No overestimating or underestimating will impact the game… They are burnt tuna

I remember sitting in the stands in 96, watching the Bills 9-0 home playoff record go down the drain against the expansion Jaguars, and Kelly’s career coming to a concussion ending. Stuff happens and a record built decades ago doesn’t mean anything. 

• Like (+1) 1

A lot of gloating going on here. Not a good look. The Bills could easily be in this position some day. If the Bills can't stop the run, it might be a moot point. Go Bills, but don't overlook the rest of the significant offensive talent on Miami's roster. There are PLENTY of instances, where a banged up, underdog team won a big playoff game when they were huge underdogs. It's a huge motivator for an otherwise extremely talented roster. And the Bills have been playing DOWN to the level of their inferior opponents all year... BEWARE!!!    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I remember sitting in the stands in 96, watching the Bills 9-0 home playoff record go down the drain against the expansion Jaguars, and Kelly’s career coming to a concussion ending. Stuff happens and a record built decades ago doesn’t mean anything. 

Josh is 3-0 

And how about it shows that the Ralph is a tough place to play in January with our fans? Especially with a good team 

It’s a coming to Buffalo in January thing and playing at the Ralph … a tough place to play with the 12th man and a good team

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, RG Murdock said:

A lot of gloating going on here. Not a good look. The Bills could easily be in this position some day. If the Bills can't stop the run, it might be a moot point. Go Bills, but don't overlook the rest of the significant offensive talent on Miami's roster. There are PLENTY of instances, where a banged up, underdog team won a big playoff game when they were huge underdogs. It's a huge motivator for an otherwise extremely talented roster. And the Bills have been playing DOWN to the level of their inferior opponents all year... BEWARE!!!    

yup never take another team lightly   They need to bring the A game on defense Miami has lots of weapons and that D has given Josh fits this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Based on what? His previous results? Zach Wilson threw for barely over 150 yards.  My God...it is so sad to see how people have zero perspective of what "normal" looks like in the NFL because we have been so spoiled for so long on defense here, especially pass defense...the Bills are exactly 15th in pass defense this year in terms of yards given up.  slightly above league average.  They give up about 14 more yards per game than the Chargers who are ranked 7th.  Point is, there isn't much difference that separates teams in the top 10 and the Bills.  Bills are 4th or 5th lowest in terms of QB Rating against. Stop acting like they are giving up 500 yards a game every game.

image.thumb.png.9c471280d7d6200137d9ee70f43a7cdc.png

Well said.  Stats are only relevant when used in the right context.  Almost anyone can sell a one sided skewed argument.

i may not even bother watching the game i'm so confident in this win.  may just check the score occasionally to see how much we're up.  easy.  no reason not to treat this game lightly, or over look it.  almost a waste of this team's time.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, somnus00 said:

I don't like over-confidence and neither do the football gods. The Dolphins, a division rival with nothing to lose, still have a roster of NFL players and the Bills, at times, play down to their competition.

I believe the Bills will win. But I will not get cocky about this game.

200.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, teef said:

may not even bother watching the game i'm so confident in this win.  may just check the score occasionally to see how much we're up.  easy.  no reason not to treat this game lightly, or over look it.  almost a waste of this team's time.

Phony bravado. So you'll be watching the Food Network on Sunday at 1pm? You'll more likely be posting on the game day threads claiming the Bills suck if they go down 7-0 early in the game.    

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.