Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

27 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I did cover that in the last sentence of Paragraph One of my post you replied to. Right now, with the holes and upgrades we need across the board, we can't afford to use such a premium asset on a guy who would be no higher than Option 3 this year and next year.

As for taking a guy who would groom for 2-3 years, again, that's not someone you take in the 1st Round. You don't want to be using up the majority of your inexpensive Rookie contract simply learning.

And a 1st Round pick expects to play. There have been 2nd Round WR's who have demanded trades because they weren't being utilized enough. If you're grooming a guy behind Diggs & Hopkins, you do that in the mid rounds. And if/when one leaves, you draft someone in the 1st then. Not now.

Basically, if we're drafting a WR in the 1st, we won't be trading for a Hopkins. If we trade for Hopkins, we won't be drafting someone in the 1st. There's just no way.

Not to be that guy, but that isn't a significant development to anyone but fans. Beane isn't going to decide he can do it if he feels it's untenable it up his offer because Hopkins likes us. And if he's been in on trade discussions as much as fans would like to believe - he surely already knew this.

While it's nice Von is always looking to improve the team, at the same time he's just really complicating things.  I doubt Von has been read in on the team's financials, but Beane is fully aware of what is doable and what is not.  Even if it is doable, Beane will probably not do anything if he's anticipating AZ is going to release DHop. What comes out of the draft can also impact what does or does not happen there.

10 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I did cover that in the last sentence of Paragraph One of my post you replied to. Right now, with the holes and upgrades we need across the board, we can't afford to use such a premium asset on a guy who would be no higher than Option 3 this year and next year.

As for taking a guy who would groom for 2-3 years, again, that's not someone you take in the 1st Round at the WR position. Teams barely do that for even a QB these days. You don't want to be using up the majority of your inexpensive Rookie contract simply learning.

And a 1st Round pick expects to play. There have been 2nd Round WR's who have demanded trades because they weren't being utilized enough. If you're grooming a guy behind Diggs & Hopkins, you do that in the mid rounds. And if/when one leaves, you draft someone in the 1st then. Not now.

Basically, if we're drafting a WR in the 1st, we won't be trading for a Hopkins. If we trade for Hopkins, we won't be drafting someone in the 1st. There's just no way.

Not to be that guy, but that isn't a significant development to anyone but fans. Beane isn't going to all of a sudden decide he can do it if he feels it's untenable and up his offer just because Hopkins likes us and he made it public. And if he's been in on trade discussions as much as fans would like to believe - he surely already knew this anyways.

True but it could push Hop to rework his contract w Arizona if we had a trade in place so he can fit under the cap. That O would be awesome.  Id prefer a nasty OL rd1 and WR on day 2

Edited by JerseyBills

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Please make this happen Beane.

Alright, skeptics, this does seem to be a lot more than an enigmatic, obscure Instagram post. Don't know if it will happen, but it's not just smoke, it's an actual smoke signal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

So, we have 8 more days then. This thread will be up to page 500 by next Thursday.

We may have to get in touch with the Guinness Book of World Records which reminds me I have to check the fridge and see if it's properly stocked.

• Like (+1) 1

How does it not happen now?  AZ will pick up a portion of his salary and Beane will kick the can down the road some and convert some of his base to a signing bonus.  (I think that's how the cap works, I really don't know)

The hard part is afterward. The pressure is truly on then.  For everyone. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I want him to come here too. But a lot of things would have to happen first.

One thing I thought was, I hope this has nothing to do with Stefon Diggs not showing up to OTA's. Hopefully it's just that he doesn't feel the need to be there or it's another issue. 

If he doesn't like the idea of having another vet proven alpha like Hopkins with him and it could become an issue with Diggs, I don't want to do it. If it comes down to Diggs or Hopkins, I'm taking Diggs 6 days a week and twice on Sundays. 

I'm sure the inevitable replies will be "if Diggs has a problem with it, trade him". And I don't want that to even become a discussion. Diggs and Josh are a proven commodity with years of rapport. 

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

One thing I thought was, I hope this has nothing to do with Stefon Diggs not showing up to OTA's. Hopefully it's just that he doesn't feel the need to be there or it's another issue. 

If he doesn't like the idea of having another vet proven alpha like Hopkins with him and it could become an issue with Diggs, I don't want to do it. If it comes down to Diggs or Hopkins, I'm taking Diggs 6 days a week and twice on Sundays. 

I'm sure the inevitable replies will be "if Diggs has a problem with it, trade him". And I don't want that to even become a discussion. Diggs and Josh are a proven commodity with years of rapport. 

Very much doubt that would be a common response and most folks would rightly knock it down.

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

lol…. Diggs usually doesn’t attend OTA’s or misses half of them. That’s a non story.

Diggs would surely love not being double teamed.

Diggs literally cannot be traded. His dead cap hit is something like 45 million.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

I would love for things to come together for it to happen, but regarding Von Miller's comments, a few months ago quite a bit here felt pretty sure OBJ was going to sign  when Miller said similar type stuff. There shouldn't be much of a confidence boost from Von Miller's comments this time around....

• Agree 1

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

I would love for things to come together for it to happen, but regarding Von Miller's comments, a few months ago quite a bit here felt pretty sure OBJ was going to sign  when Miller said similar type stuff. There shouldn't be much of a confidence boost from Von Miller's comments this time around....

the difference is, OBJ never told Von he wanted to be a Buffalo Bill. Nor did he use facial expressions in an interview to show blatant interest in the Bills

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

He also never specifically said dhop either. Just an offensive weapon.

From the get go I have been on board with getting Hopkins in to Buffalo.
But Beanes will have to pull some wizardry, and not something even slightly resembling the Von Miller landing.
No way i want Bills to hamstring the future for this seasons hopes.

BTW very pleased to read Miller should be ready early season. That could be huge as far as needs from FA and Draft at edge !

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

he straight up said at his presser yesterday that while working out together at a gym near his Dallas house, Hop told him he wants to be a Buffalo Bill and that the two of them talk often

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the difference is, OBJ never told Von he wanted to be a Buffalo Bill. Nor did he use facial expressions in an interview to show blatant interest in the Bills

I recall one of Von's statements saying something along the lines of "He talks to OBJ often and that he knows where OBJ wanted to be and that was Buffalo" Also a different time Von said "he was sure OBJ would be a Bill". That's just off the top of my head I recall....I Would assume he very well may have said that to Von at some point considering how Von was so confident with some of his statements....

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I could have sworn Dhop was mentioned.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I recall one of Von's statements saying something along the lines of "He talks to OBJ often and that he knows where OBJ wanted to be and that was Buffalo" Also a different time Von said "he was sure OBJ would be a Bill". That's just off the top of my head I recall....I Would assume he very well may have said that to Von at some point considering how Von was so confident with some of his statements....

Von needs to chill. imho

Just now, 3rdand12 said:

Von needs to chill. imho

Well I mean I don't know if I'd put it like that, it's good that he tries to recruit certain players...

I'm just saying that some put way too much stock into Von's comments about OBJ feeling he would definitely be a Bill in just a matter of time,

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I could have sworn Dhop was mentioned.....

I didn't hear the full interview, just the Twitter clip.  They speculate dhop but never say his name 

13 minutes ago, gobilz said:

Von be a blow hard 

C'mon we should know by now Von going to say Von things, attention is for all name players these days.

McAfee though wants to look connected.  He wants to hit.  He only said offensive weapon.  

So what about Tampa, is M Evans a possibility again?   They signed Godwin to $20M/yr and Gage to $10M/yr.  Adding in Evans that's a lot of WR money.

M Evans comes in at around $14,5M.  A little restructure here, add another year there, spice it up with a guarantee and a signing bonus and Beane could probably do it without even having to move Oliver.  What's Tampa want for him?

Gotta let AZ know there's a little competition.  Could be sending a message, the Bills have options.  

21 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I didn't hear the full interview, just the Twitter clip.  They speculate dhop but never say his name 

Ah ok maybe it wasn't mentioned in the clip you saw and it was during the full interview at some point because I thought for sure I heard it. It's possible I might be mixed up because I'm getting older now where many changes to my body and mind are easily noticed. Like when your balls start to hang twice the length of your penis