Mitchell Trubisky regrets signing With Steelers

BuffaloBills1998

• BuffaloBills1998 changed the title to Mitchell Trubisky regrets signing With Steelers
1 minute ago, Goin Breakdown said:

We'd regret if he ever had to get in a game. No thanks

He didn’t play that bad when he was here. But then again I don’t know how much of it was Daboll’s system that helped him

Just now, VaMilBill said:

Seems like Mitch is a poor man’s Carson Wentz. 

I think he’s better than Wentz. Wentz has been toxic to every locker room he’s been in. I haven’t heard anything about Mitch being a locker room cancer

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

Reminds me a little bit of when the Bills Signed Flutie, then a month later traded for Johnson.  Always wondered, if Flutie had known the Bills were going to trade for Johnson, would Flutie have signed.

Same here if Mitch knew they planned to use a 1st round pick on a QB, would he have signed there.  But he can join a long list of players who sign with a new team thinking they will be given a legit shot to be the starting QB for most of one season at least, only to be quickly replaced.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Reminds me a little bit of when the Bills Signed Flutie, then a month later traded for Johnson.  Always wondered, if Flutie had known the Bills were going to trade for Johnson, would Flutie have signed.

Same here if Mitch knew they planned to use a 1st round pick on a QB, would he have signed there.  But he can join a long list of players who sign with a new team thinking they will be given a legit shot to be the starting QB for most of one season at least, only to be quickly replaced.

if Mitch didn’t think the team he was signing with was going to pursue a better long term plan than Mitch….

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

I think Flutie saw Buffalo as a last chance to make something of his career in the NFL. I think most fans including myself didn’t know Flutie was gonna take off the way he did and Johnson was going to be a bust.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 2

8 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He didn’t play that bad when he was here. But then again I don’t know how much of it was Daboll’s system that helped him

I think he’s better than Wentz. Wentz has been toxic to every locker room he’s been in. I haven’t heard anything about Mitch being a locker room cancer

I've heard a lot of people say this about his time here and I've never understood it.   Not sure if it was just something someone said and it caught on?  He threw 8 passes here last year, and 1 of the 8 was picked off.    Outside of being a good locker room guy can someone please explain to me why it was thought that he had a good run here?

• Agree 3

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He got benched because he was terrible. The Steelers literally could not score points with him on the field.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

if Mitch didn’t think the team he was signing with was going to pursue a better long term plan than Mitch….

Don't under estimate the egos of these guys.  I'm sure Mitch felt he learned all this valuable help from Daboll and watching Allen and wasn't going to make the same mistakes again and would live up to being the #2 overall draft pick.  May have seen himself as a Kurt Warner type career revitalization. 

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think Flutie saw Buffalo as a last chance to make something of his career in the NFL. I think most fans including myself didn’t know Flutie was gonna take off the way he did and Johnson was going to be a bust.

Agree, but also wanted a fair shot to show what he had and not have to compete against a guy the team just traded a 1st round pick for either.

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I've heard a lot of people say this about his time here and I've never understood it.   Not sure if it was just something someone said and it caught on?  He threw 8 passes here last year, and 1 of the 8 was picked off.    Outside of being a good locker room guy can someone please explain to me why it was thought that he had a good run here?

He was more dependable if Josh went down and he was heavily liked in the locker room especially by Allen, McD and Beane who told him if he couldn’t find a home last offseason then he was welcome back in Buffalo. 

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

He got benched because he was terrible. The Steelers literally could not score points with him on the field.

Honestly it’s all about system and if that player fits the system your OC is running. I don’t think he fit the system in Pittsburgh. Also Pittsburghs o line is not very good. Let’s not pretend Pickett has been any better.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He was more dependable if Josh went down and he was heavily liked in the locker room especially by Allen, McD and Beane who told him if he couldn’t find a home last offseason then he was welcome back in Buffalo. 

Honestly it’s all about system and if that player fits the system your OC is running. I don’t think he fit the system in Pittsburgh. Also Pittsburghs o line is not very good. Let’s not pretend Pickett has been any better.

Pickett was way better than Trubisky and was improving throughout the year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

20 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I think it probably was about him researching the offensive coordinator more than the fact they drafted a qb even.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Don't under estimate the egos of these guys.  I'm sure Mitch felt he learned all this valuable help from Daboll and watching Allen and wasn't going to make the same mistakes again and would live up to being the #2 overall draft pick.  May have seen himself as a Kurt Warner type career revitalization. 

Agree, but also wanted a fair shot to show what he had and not have to compete against a guy the team just traded a 1st round pick for either.

I don’t think anyone including the Bills had much faith in a 5”9” QB. That’s why they traded for Johnson. But like i said who knew Flutie was gonna pan out in Buffalo?

5 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

2 year $14.2 mil deal

$5.2 mil guaranteed

Feel sorry if you want to..not me

I don’t feel bad for him. He got paid for sure but I think he regrets leaving Buffalo for Pittsburgh. That’s why I said, I think he’s coming back especially after Beane told him that he has a home here. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Pickett was way better than Trubisky and was improving throughout the year.

2,404 7 tds and 9 INTS and a QBR of 76.7. I mean is that saying much though that your better than Trubisky? Also I’m not arguing that Trubisky is a starter he’s clearly not but he’s definitely a solid back up which he was here

33 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I believe case is on a two year deal

No I believe they restructured his contract when they traded for him from Cleveland. He’s on a one year deal. 

25 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not according to Spotrac…UFA 2023 

My tip is that he is not back here …

I don’t want MT either …. 

Well then who are you gonna get lol? Buffalo is not gonna waste a 3rd or 4th round pick on a QB and most QBs that go 6th or 7th are garbage anyways. It’s gonna be MT. Beane already told him he has a home here in Buffalo if he wants to come back.

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Well then who are gonna get lol? Buffalo is not gonna waste a 3rd or 4th round pick on a QB and most QBs that go 6th or 7th are garbage anyways. It’s either MT or another veteran 

Most likely pick up someone else from FA like the last two years...

I personally wouldnt mind them having a go drafting someone but you cant hide them on the PS for too long... 

Edit.. just remembered they traded a 7th for Case in return for the Browns eating a Million of his salary/bonus

Edited by Aussie Joe

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He was brutal on the Steelers this year. Totally outplayed by a rookie. He really cost the Steelers a playoff spot. 

No thanks to Mitch. 

He was a solid backup here and Josh and company liked him. Honestly there’s no one else in FA that’s gonna be any better. I take Trubisky over guys like Dalton, Flacco, Taylor etc

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I wouldn’t judge Mitch from his Steelers run. Matt Canada is horrendous. 

Exactly that’s what I’m saying. He didn’t fit the scheme/personnel in Pittsburgh. It’s all about scheme. 

Just now, HerdMentality said:

And Chicago regrets drafting him.

Chicago can’t draft a QB for ***** so there’s nothing really to be said there lol

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

He was a solid backup here and Josh and company liked him. Honestly there’s no one else in FA that’s gonna be any better. I take Trubisky over guys like Dalton, Flacco, Taylor etc

he was like really, really bad with the Steelers though. Unreal how bad he was. I expected good things out of him after his time here. 

4 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

2,404 7 tds and 9 INTS and a QBR of 76.7. I mean is that saying much though that your better than Trubisky? Also I’m not arguing that Trubisky is a starter he’s clearly not but he’s definitely a solid back up which he was here

No I believe they restructured his contract when they traded for him from Cleveland. He’s on a one year deal. 

Well then who are you gonna get lol? Buffalo is not gonna waste a 3rd or 4th round pick on a QB and most QBs that go 6th or 7th are garbage anyways. It’s gonna be MT. Beane already told him he has a home here in Buffalo if he wants to come back.

Tyrod Taylor?  He knows the system, is mobile, doesn’t make mistakes.  He should no longer have delusions of starting anywhere.

• Like (+1) 1

The Bills will most likely go for a vet with some sort of a track record. If that’s staying with Keenum, so be it.

As for Mitch, under the Daboll watch I’d probably want him back. Under Dorsey?  Maybe not. Allen is having a tough enough time under him, don’t see Mitch thriving here as a backup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.