Go Raiders ... Beat the Chiefs by "3"

wjag

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Have to give the chiefs credit.  They almost get beat by a weaker team seemingly every other week but they almost always prevail with clutch play right at the end.  

Barf. Clutch play by the zebras 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Captain Caveman said:

But they didn't? That game is going to be a no contest.

Right, so for the sake of competitive integrity, the only way the Bills should be awarded a pure #1 seed is if they beat the Pats and both the Chiefs and Bengals lose.

The Bengals should not be penalized the opportunity to overtake the Bills. And the Bills should not be saved from the risk of another loss in what was arguably the toughest game on their schedule.

If the Chiefs lose by 3....destiny.

11 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Right, so for the sake of competitive integrity, the only way the Bills should be awarded a pure #1 seed is if they beat the Pats and both the Chiefs and Bengals lose.

The Bengals should not be penalized the opportunity to overtake the Bills. And the Bills should not be saved from the risk of another loss in what was arguably the toughest game on their schedule.

The Bills shouldn't be penalized either.  

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The Bills shouldn't be penalized either.  

True. But we're looking at it from the hypothetical vantage point of the Bills being awarded a pure #1 seed without having to play the Bengals. If a pure #1 seed is awarded, it has to line up from all competitive angles. 

1 hour ago, BLeonard said:

Crazy how one play can completely change a season, huh?

Last year, the QB sneak against Tennessee cost the Bills the #1 seed and now this one play could end up doing the same.

Sure, if you just look at it that way. You’d have to consider every play that we either made or didn’t make as well then. 

Outside of the blowout games, every team that lost to us by one score can say the same thing. “One play.” That’s the game and why winning is hard. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I have a dream for the snarky Chief board-At 3:33 of the 3rd quarter, an errant shotgun snap creates a mad scramble where Mahomes/Kelce/Humphrey all dive at the ball all hitting heads. All 3 require concussion protocol although they are fine for the next week. The Raiders 3rd string QB throws 3 TDs and 333 yards. The Chiefs proceed to lose the game 33-30. 
One can dream. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Have to give the chiefs credit.  They almost get beat by a weaker team seemingly every other week but they almost always prevail with clutch play thanks to the refs right at the end.  

Fixed

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

It’s funny that for competitive integrity, it’s better the Bills take an L than a no contest. It’d keep hope alive for a pure #1 seed.

There are only two kinds of #1 seeds:  #1 seeds and not #1 seeds.

I couldn't care less about a "pure" #1 seed, whatever the ***** that is.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BRH said:

Fixed

There are only two kinds of #1 seeds:  #1 seeds and not #1 seeds.

I couldn't care less about a "pure" #1 seed, whatever the ***** that is.

There are now various kinds of #1 seeds in play. One scenario floated was the AFC adding an additional playoff team so that the #1 seed plays the #8 seed and doesn’t get a bye. 

“Pure” was intended to mean a #1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs and an opening round bye. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I have a dream for the snarky Chief board-At 3:33 of the 3rd quarter, an errant shotgun snap creates a mad scramble where Mahomes/Kelce/Humphrey all dive at the ball all hitting heads. All 3 require concussion protocol although they are fine for the next week. The Raiders 3rd string QB throws 3 TDs and 333 yards. The Chiefs proceed to lose the game 33-30. 
One can dream. 

This is great but the flaw in your "logic" is that Mahomes will never go into concussion protocol.  It'll be another "back injury" or maybe "turf toe" or whatever it was the Chiefs claimed caused his instability a couple of years ago.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Airseven said:

There are now various kinds of #1 seeds in play. One scenario floated was the AFC adding an additional playoff team so that the #1 seed plays the #8 seed and doesn’t get a bye. 

“Pure” was intended to mean a #1 seed with home field advantage throughout the playoffs and an opening round bye. 

Yeah, I figured that out.  Sorry, a little slow today.  I just think tinkering with people's understanding of how seeds work is a recipe for confusion and mistrust.  It's Solomonic.  I don't think the #1 should get anything different -- just HFA and a bye like always.  I'm not a fan of the neutral field idea either.  Play the playoffs like always.  HOW YOU FIGURE OUT WHO GETS THE #1 -- that's the only issue that should be in play and the league should have the stones to do that right, without all this other window dressing.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, wjag said:

So here is how the weekend is going to go.

The Raiders are going to do the Bills a solid and beat the Chiefs by "Damar points"

The Bills are going to beat the Patriots

So it be written, so it shall be done.

I can’t argue with that.  

watch me try:…

…sssssstop it.

See, absolute failure on my part.

Go Bills!

6 hours ago, BLeonard said:

Crazy how one play can completely change a season, huh?

Last year, the QB sneak against Tennessee cost the Bills the #1 seed and now this one play could end up doing the same.

Or the throw that Josh short-armed to Isaiah in the end zone in Miami

Or the pick-6 that Milano dropped in Miami

As a reminder of how huge Saturday's game is... Look at the likely Super Bowl paths for the Bills based on KC win/loss vs. LV:

KC win:
1. Bills vs. Dolphins at home
2. Bills vs. Bengals at home
3. Bills vs. Chiefs at neutral site

KC loss:
1. Bye
2. Bills vs. Jaguars or Chargers at home
3. Bills vs. Chiefs at home

Huge. Go Raiders.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, wjag said:

So here is how the weekend is going to go.

The Raiders are going to do the Bills a solid and beat the Chiefs by "Damar points"

The Bills are going to beat the Patriots

So it be written, so it shall be done.

About time Raiders pay back Ralph Wilson and Bills for loan to them which kept them afloat.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

As a reminder of how huge Saturday's game is... Look at the likely Super Bowl paths for the Bills based on KC win/loss vs. LV:

KC win:

KC loss:
1. Bye

Huge. Go Raiders.

This gets my goat.

I think the Raiders are gonna show up.  Stidham looked pretty good against a tough 49ers defense.  I think this game will be close and LV will have a chance to win. Maybe they are due to get a late turnover in their favor to win it.  I put an online bet on the Raiders +9.5.  Maybe wishful thinking but i think that spread is too high. 

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

KC win:

KC loss:
1. Bye

Huge. Go Raiders.

Maybe its wishful thinking on my part but I just have a feeling the Raiders are going to play well. I don't know if it will be good enough to win but I think they will be in position late in the 4th quarter to win the game. An upset is very much possible. IMHO.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Mahomes is 15-0 on the road against AFC West.  

So what if Mahomes gets wiped out by those 2 nasty D ends on the Raiders who have nothing left to play for but pride? If I were the Chiefs I would play pretty conservatively. 

On 1/5/2023 at 9:40 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

KC win:

KC loss:
1. Bye

Huge. Go Raiders.

First off it’s an assumption the Phins will beat the Jets which is not a given. If they don’t, we play either the Pats or Steelers. ( pretty easy)

Second  you are are assuming the Bengals will beat San Diego game 1 and they may not. Its a fair matchup of teams with good offenses and San Diego has good DEs and CBs. They are scarier than Miami. 

I believe Josh McDaniels was 1 of the people I seen that made a contribution to Hamlin go fund me page . The Raiders also hate the Chiefs and would love to send them to the wildcard game and knock them off the #1 seed. They also took the Chiefs to OT this yr they lost 30-27 . I have a feeling the Raiders will pull this game off and win on a last second 55yd FG by Carlson 31-30 score. LFG Raiders! 

6 hours ago, Locomark said:

First off it’s an assumption the Phins will beat the Jets which is not a given. If they don’t, we play either the Pats or Steelers. ( pretty easy)

Second  you are are assuming the Bengals will beat San Diego game 1 and they may not. Its a fair matchup of teams with good offenses and San Diego has good DEs and CBs. They are scarier than Miami. 

Yes, there are assumptions because I said "likely" and the things I am assuming are both likely

4 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I believe Josh McDaniels was 1 of the people I seen that made a contribution to Hamlin go fund me page . The Raiders also hate the Chiefs and would love to send them to the wildcard game and knock them off the #1 seed. They also took the Chiefs to OT this yr they lost 30-27 . I have a feeling the Raiders will pull this game off and win on a last second 55yd FG by Carlson 31-30 score. LFG Raiders! 

StidHAM #3 🤔

Everybody seems to be ignorantly leaving out DaVonte Adams in all this.

His first name spelled backwards is EtonVaD, which in Latin means “ham line”, or ham-lin if shortened to its vernacular of the time (500 AD).

Go Raiders!

Go Bills!

Go #3!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/5/2023 at 10:40 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

KC win:

KC loss:
1. Bye

Huge. Go Raiders.

Not only is that a huge difference, but just look at what our path could have been as the No. 1 seed! Or still could be with the KC loss!

I've said this for years: the Super Bowl is, by far, the easiest championship to win in N. American team sports.

That's really not a lot of football to propel yourself to a championship game.  

In contrast, it's almost impossible to win a Stanley Cup.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:26 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Here's an idea: give a win to both buffalo and Cincinnati. 

I'm sure the Chiefs would find that totally fair, except not.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Everybody seems to be ignorantly leaving out DaVonte Adams in all this.

His first name spelled backwards is EtonVaD, which in Latin means “ham line”, or ham-lin if shortened to its vernacular of the time (500 AD).

Go Raiders!

Go Bills!

Go #3!

EtNovad.

Not sure if that was Autocorrect working on your post, but it's a small mistake.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.