Serious Superstition Question/Poll: I Need Your Help

Gugny

Should I Keep the Original Bottle or Get a New One?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Should I Keep the Original Bottle or Get a New One?

The Background:  Whenever the Bills get to the playoffs, for each round, I get a bottle of champagne with which to celebrate after a Bills win.  The bottle I bought last year for the BUF/KC game is still in my refrigerator.

The Problem I'm Having:  With 13 seconds left in the game (I'm sorry for bringing it up; it hurts me, too), I went to the fridge and took out the champagne.  I put it on the counter, but did not open it because the game wasn't over and I didn't want to jinx anything.  Obviously, we did not win.  

Since that moment, I've thought that simply taking the bottle out of the fridge was enough to get the jinx going.

Where You Can Help:  I don't know if I should keep this bottle and use it for the Bills' first playoff game this season.  I don't know if it's cursed.  Should I roll with the current bottle?  Or should I ditch it and get a new one?

Just now, BLeonard said:

What have you done in the past?

Like, what happened to the bottle from the 2020 AFC Championship Game?

I usually throw it away.

I do the same thing for the Mets and when they lost in the NLCS to the Cardinals, I brought it to one of my Cardinal fan friends for him to enjoy.

Just now, Gugny said:

I usually throw it away.

I do the same thing for the Mets and when they lost in the NLCS to the Cardinals, I brought it to one of my Cardinal fan friends for him to enjoy.

You’re just throwing away good booze? That’s your problem right there. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I usually throw it away.

There's your answer.  New season, new bottle.

Also, obviously, NEVER pull a bottle out again until the clock is at triple zeroes.

5 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

You need new bottles for each game, but don't touch the 13 seconds bottle until the Bills are touching the Lombardi trophy.

Can't agree with keeping the bottle.  Keeping it too close to a new bottle could pass on bad juju.

Edited by BLeonard

23 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Background:  Whenever the Bills get to the playoffs, for each round, I get a bottle of champagne with which to celebrate after a Bills win.  The bottle I bought last year for the BUF/KC game is still in my refrigerator.

The Problem I'm Having:  With 13 seconds left in the game (I'm sorry for bringing it up; it hurts me, too), I went to the fridge and took out the champagne.  I put it on the counter, but did not open it because the game wasn't over and I didn't want to jinx anything.  Obviously, we did not win.  

Since that moment, I've thought that simply taking the bottle out of the fridge was enough to get the jinx going.

Where You Can Help:  I don't know if I should keep this bottle and use it for the Bills' first playoff game this season.  I don't know if it's cursed.  Should I roll with the current bottle?  Or should I ditch it and get a new one?

You brought the bottle out with 13 seconds left, didn’t open it but thought that would neutralize the jinx factor?  

I don’t know much about X and O strategy, Wide 9 formations and the rest, but I know all about the jinx. 

Why don’t you take that @&$”@ bottle and $@&($$& shove it $& $$)()$ and $&@@&$ and &$&@9!!! 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You brought the bottle out with 13 seconds left, didn’t open it but thought that would neutralize the jinx factor?  

I don’t know much about X and O strategy, Wide 9 formations and the rest, but I know all about the jinx. 

Why don’t you take that @&$”@ bottle and $@&($$& shove it $& $$)()$ and $&@@&$ and &$&@9!!! 

A) this is pure f*cking gold.

B) this is also exactly what I would say if I were on the other side of the question.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

atta boy Leo

lmaooooo

41 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Did you work the scoreboard at Shea?

20130731-173917.jpg

I was thinking exactly that when I read the OP. I remember the Red Sox having champagne bottles in the dugout while Mookie Wilson was up to bat. Oops.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I usually throw it away.

Throwing it away simply won't do, this requires a full-on exorcism.  Do you have any ordained ministers in the neighborhood that can help you out? The power of Damar compels you!!!!

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

Throwing it away simply won't do, this requires a full-on exorcism.  Do you have any ordained ministers in the neighborhood that can help you out? The power of Damar compels you!!!!

Believe it or not, I am an ordained minister!

I am TOTALLY doing this!

13 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Use the bottle tonight to celebrate Damar's progress & get a new bottle for the playoffs.  

11 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm with Albany

Crack it right now for Damar and get a new one

I kind of like SinceThe70s' exorcism idea, including saying "The power of Damar compels you!"

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

You’re just throwing away good booze? That’s your problem right there. 

I’m hoping “throwing it away” is a euphemism for chugging it, followed by a record breaking BEEEEEEEELCH

EDIT: Where is the option to keep it…..AND get another??? We’re all coming to Gugny’s place, so he’s going to need a LOT more! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I am not superstitious at all.  If I was I think I would tell you that the only way to break the curse is to pop that bottle open right now and beer bong that sucker while doing a cerimonial dance.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Pop that ish right now!! Kick back and enjoy the day!  Buy another one for this years playoff run

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m hoping “throwing it away” is a euphemism for chugging it, followed by a record breaking BEEEEEEEELCH

EDIT: Where is the option to keep it…..AND get another??? We’re all coming to Gugny’s place, so he’s going to need a LOT more! 

Bingo!!

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Just now, NewEra said:

Pop that ish right now!! Kick back and enjoy the day!  Buy another one for this years playoff run

To clarify ... this is just one of those little bottles that pours a couple glasses.  I get one for each game, but I don't buy a new one until they advance.

1 hour ago, wagon127 said:

You need new bottles for each game, but don't touch the 13 seconds bottle until the Bills are touching the Lombardi trophy.

I voted keep the bottle...but wagon127 has your answer. Don't open it for the first playoff game, save it for either an AFC Championship win (what it should have been opened for) or for a Super Bowl victory. But this time, leave it in the damn refrigerator until the game clock reads 0:00.

At least we now finally know who to blame the 13 seconds fiasco on...Gugny, you darn jinx. 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

To clarify ... this is just one of those little bottles that pours a couple glasses.  I get one for each game, but I don't buy a new one until they advance.

That’s good to know. If you drank from the big bottle you might need to pee so bad you wind up in the ladies room out of desperation. AGAIN! 

• Haha (+1) 3

17 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Ah ok.  It’s all starting to make senses now.  That’s obviously been our problem all these years!  Buy a real bottle god dammit!!!

• Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

You need to drink that bottle in 13 seconds, before the playoffs start, to reverse the jinx.  We are counting on you.  

19 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

You need to drink that bottle in 13 seconds, before the playoffs start, to reverse the jinx.  We are counting on you.  

13 minutes ago, Captain Caveman said:

You should open it tonight and see if you can finish it in 13 seconds

https://youtu.be/awXQBm9aI-U

I'm sure I could finish it in fewer than 5 seconds.  The exorcism is in the lead as of now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm sure I could finish it in fewer than 5 seconds.  The exorcism is in the lead as of now.

carbonation and all? that would be impressive! It must be done.

*Nevermind, I just noticed the update that it was a baby bottle.  I say you down that thing asap. 

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

Buy a second bottle, 

then you can celebrate with both 😁👍

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.