Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

3 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Have the confidence to put your foot down. We are at a cross roads and need to take control of the situation. We are the best/ hottest team in the league, we beat the chiefs head to head. We cannot let the league roll over us and rip the 1 seed from our grasps. The time is now before a decision is made. We will not accept anything less than 1 seed. (Assuming we beat the pats)

Who is this we stuff?  This is up to the league and the teams. No amount of demanding from you is going to change that.  Also, the Bills didnt finish the game for obvious reasons.  That isnt any other teams fault.  That doesnt make the Bills entitled to the one seed either.

1 minute ago, JDubya76 said:

If no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.

Too easy.  How about a two-man sack race while also doing egg toss.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

If there were a year to win the superbowl this would be it. We will do it in such rare Billsy fashion that people will put an Asterisk next to it no matter what 

The asterisk will reflect the crazy adversity we've had to overcome - Sort of like the opposite of the Pats* asterisk. Don't know if I can type a superscript here, but something like "Bills cubed" (i.e., Bills^3)

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

Who is this we stuff?  This is up to the league and the teams. No amount of demanding from you is going to change that.  Also, the Bills didnt finish the game for obvious reasons.  That isnt any other teams fault.  That doesnt make the Bills entitled to the one seed either.

Too easy.  How about a two-man sack race while also doing egg toss.

The cinci game was postponed by the nfl and it’s not resuming. They screwed us. We are entitled to the one seed. As fans, we can make a difference.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Kiva said:

The cinci game was postponed by the nfl and it’s not resuming. They screwed us. We are entitled to the one seed. As fans, we can make a difference.

They didnt screw us.  No one on that field was going to play the rest of that game and for good reason.  The NFL didnt postpone that game.  The players and coaches themselves decided not to play that game.  It was too traumatizing. 

You have a strange view of reality which leads me back to my original question... are you 12?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

You have an odd number of teams left in the divisional round.

Then the team that scores the least amount of points in victory gets taken to the Arizona desert and buried up to their necks in sand and covered in honey. Live broadcast on pay per view to recoup the loss of revenue from Monday night. I would pay to see the Patriettes buried up to their necks being atttacked by scorpions, snakes and birds of prey. I mean it’s just an idea.

Edited by JDubya76
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

They didnt screw us.  No one on that field was going to play the rest of that game and for good reason.  The NFL didnt postpone that game.  The players and coaches themselves decided not to play that game.  It was too traumatizing. 

You have a strange view of reality which leads me back to my original question... are you 12?

I usually don’t waste my time on mean people like you. But you’ll soon realize that we’ve been screwed royally and it’ll be too late. This is our year. 

Edited by Kiva
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Kiva said:

I usually don’t waste my time mean people like you. But you’ll soon realize that we’ve been screwed royally and it’ll be too late. This is our year. 

Get to it man… don’t be wasting your time here … get out there and beat the drum and ‘make a difference’..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Just now, Kiva said:

I usually don’t waste my time on mean people like you. But you’ll soon realize that we’ve been screwed royally and it’ll be too late. This is our year. 

We didnt get screwed. A horrible incident happened. There is no way to fix it that is fair for everyone. Handing the Bills the 1 seed screws both the Chiefs and the Bengals because they both had opportunity to still get the 1 seed if the Bills lost that game.  Since that game didnt play out someone is going to get the short end of the stick.  All they can do is do what is most fair and move on.

12 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Cocaine’s a helluva drug.

13 minutes ago, Kiva said:

I haven't felt a whole lot of positive emotions this week, let alone smiling or laughing, until today finally when we get some positive news.  So for now, thanks for making me laugh.  But please know when to stop...

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Get to it man… don’t be wasting your time here … get out there and beat the drum and ‘make a difference’..

Thank you brother. Let’s all unite and let our voice be heard. Finish the bengals game or grant us 1 seed or at least first round bye and home field. 

• Disagree 1

18 minutes ago, Kiva said:

I just said on another thread I was getting irritated at the Bengals fans assuming they would beat the Bills. At the same time there's no way we can say that the Bills would have beaten the Bengals. Calling the game one side or another to forfeit is wrong. This is the best solution, albeit not perfect, in a messy situation.

14 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Give it up. You're constant whining about how the NFL screwed you over as a fan is pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I wonder if quietly the nfl and goodell are fuming that they didn’t finish the game. They can come out now and say all the right things, but I don’t really believe them. 

I doubt it.  This would not have been that big a deal if the league had had a procedure in place and followed it.  It's their own fault that they didn't anticipate this situation in advance.  I imagine that will get rectified in the offseason.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I wonder if quietly the nfl and goodell are fuming that they didn’t finish the game. They can come out now and say all the right things, but I don’t really believe them. 

There were so many reasons to finish the game. To not schedule later in the week or find another time slot is a head scratcher.  Now the NFL is in a mess and Bills will likely pay the price for it.  

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

I really don't think they are fuming.  It's pretty clear from some of the media insider stories that the NFL allowed Buffalo to take the lead and the Bills put the kibosh on resuming that game and Cincinnati was right there supporting any decision.  Maybe even quietly, the NFL is relieved that THEY didn't have to make all the decisions to reshuffle the playoff weekends and somehow flex in the Bills/Bengals while trying to make the time between all the playoff games equitable.  This gives them a chance to float some new ideas out there on how to proceed and no one can bash the NFL for it.  They are doing their best.

25 minutes ago, Kiva said:

The bills and bengals knew the consequences and made the right decision not to continue the game anyway.  If they tried to give the bills a loss I might be closer to agreeing with you.  Both teams made sacrifices and showed an incredible amount of class in a terrible situation and the NFL is doing its best to continue the season.  I think it would be cruel if they forced the bills to continue that game honestly 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kiva said:

There were so many reasons to finish the game. To not schedule later in the week or find another time slot is a head scratcher.  Now the NFL is in a mess and Bills will likely pay the price for it.  

There was not one single reason to finish the game that was even close to the reason why it WASN'T finished.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I really don't think they are fuming.  It's pretty clear from some of the media insider stories that the NFL allowed Buffalo to take the lead and the Bills put the kibosh on resuming that game and Cincinnati was right there supporting any decision.  Maybe even quietly, the NFL is relieved that THEY didn't have to make all the decisions to reshuffle the playoff weekends and somehow flex in the Bills/Bengals while trying to make the time between all the playoff games equitable.  This gives them a chance to float some new ideas out there on how to proceed and no one can bash the NFL for it.  They are doing their best.

Do you really believe that? I’m not saying I don’t but I’m def questioning it. There was a report that came out a little while ago that said it was the players association that stepped and in called the game, not the nfl. I would absolutely believe that may have happened

Edited by BillsSbSoon
  • Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Trekking said:

I think McDermott championed cancellation from the minute this all went down and nobody felt like they could tell him no. 

I think McDermott was busy being there for his players.  I don't know what McDermott you've been watching.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Normally I’d say bye without thinking twice about it and I’d prolly still take the bye if I had to make the choice, but on the other hand after these past few days If there was ever a time to have home field advantage it’s right now, so idk

This is actually a good point and is why KC and their fans are absolutely terrified of any scenario in which they don't get HFA, even more than they otherwise would be.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The more the NFL does the worse it gets.

Go with winning percentage and let the chips fall where they may.

None of these crazy solutions are good ideas

Well since they all will likely help the Bills, I am in favor of the crazy solutions.  If all three teams win, AFC championship game on neutral field of splitting the benefits of #1 seed sounds good. 

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

The more the NFL does the worse it gets.

Go with winning percentage and let the chips fall where they may.

None of these crazy solutions are good ideas

This is where I am too.  There is no need for some crazy solutions or anything complicated.  Just revert to win% and go on with a normal playoffs.  I say this knowing that likely mean KC gets the 1 seed again.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

This is where I am too.  There is no need for some crazy solutions or anything complicated.  Just revert to win% and go on with a normal playoffs.  I say this knowing that likely mean KC gets the 1 seed again.  

Agreed. Win percentage is probably the best and least convoluted method.

• Like (+1) 1

So the competition committee met today and couldn’t come to an agreement, so now they are meeting with all the owners? Or maybe they are presenting the solution they came up with in the committee and getting everyone’s blessing?

Just now, Ta111 said:

Agreed. Win percentage is probably the best and least convoluted method.

That or flipping a coin for the result of the game.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

The league is saying they also told the teams that the game was postponed. It was a joint decision. No one got screwed. It was just a bad situation that must now be dealt with.

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

If the Bills win the SB would there be an asterisk?

No. There isn’t any scandal.

A guy died. 2 teams played one less game. There might be some slight movement between the top 3 teams that have the same record heading into week 18.

The Bills aren’t owed home field, and the Chiefs/Bengals would also be deserving. 

Ugh dont Like where this is going 

the league /

competition committee / and then Roger can’t figure it out?

now owners have to weigh in? Let me guess 32 (31 - shad) white old dudes largely sociopaths know what’s fair ?

Edited by balln
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, balln said:

Ugh dont Like where this is going 

the league /

competition committee / and then Roger can’t figure it out?

now owners have to weigh in? Let me guess 32 (31 - shad) white old dudes largely sociopaths know what’s fair ?

My speculation is that the competition committee came up with a plan that they like, but they feel like they need buy-in from the owners. This meeting might be a sales pitch and looking for anybody who objects.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.