Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

2 thoughts:   
1.  The league should announce the plan for handling all this today or tomorrow.  They can’t wait till after the during or after the weekend. Because then they’re introducing perceived bias.   At least this way the teams have “some” control over the outcome by winning or losing.

2. The number 1 seed isn’t the end all be all.  The 1 seed isn’t the goal. So people need to get over it.  Whatever scenario the league comes up with, the Bills will likely lose the 1 seed. The only way to guarantee we keep it is to play the Bengals and Pats and win both. And the team doesn’t want to play the Bengals yet.  So get over it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Dan said:

2 thoughts:   
1.  The league should announce the plan for handling all this today or tomorrow.  They can’t wait till after the during or after the weekend. Because then they’re introducing perceived bias.   At least this way the teams have “some” control over the outcome by winning or losing.

2. The number 1 seed isn’t the end all be all.  The 1 seed isn’t the goal. So people need to get over it.  Whatever scenario the league comes up with, the Bills will likely lose the 1 seed. The only way to guarantee we keep it is to play the Bengals and Pats and win both. And the team doesn’t want to play the Bengals yet.  So get over it. 

If the Chiefs lose and the Bills win, the Bills are the Number One seed. You can’t let the games play out? 

2 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

#1 seed should be a goal every season. 

The Super Bowl is the goal. The number one seed is the preferred way to it. However, a number one seed hasn't won the Super Bowl in the last four seasons - actuallly, three of them were won by the number two seed.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

The Super Bowl is the goal. The number one seed is the preferred way to it. However, a number one seed hasn't won the Super Bowl in the last four seasons - actuallly, three of them were won by the number two seed.

I didn’t say it is “the” goal.  I said it was “a” goal…and no kidding, a SB championship is every teams goal. 

Edited by LabattBlue

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

And just maybe that ‘someone’ is the Raiders playing at home just 48 hours from now in a divisional rivalry game.

I've always hated the Raiders, but I'm going to be the biggest Raiders fan in the world on Saturday. F the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

The 2 seed really isn’t that bad. We get to play 2 home games. And if someone knocks of KC that’s 3 home games 

Also, had we lost to the Bengals, we would be staring down the barrel of the #3 seed.  It would depend on this weekend's games of course, but that would have been the modal outcome.  Taking the 2 seed is a reasonable compromise IMO.  Could have been better, could have been worse, and we'll never know.

7 minutes ago, GolfandBills said:

Steelers at Bills becoming a pretty likely scenario for wildcard weekend 

If we lose this weekend to the Pats, wouldn't that set us up for a rematch against the Pats the following weekend?  I'd for sure take that.  If the Chiefs win on Saturday, I say rest Josh, Diggs, Poyer, anyone that's banged up, really, against the Pats.

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

If we lose this weekend to the Pats, wouldn't that set us up for a rematch against the Pats the following weekend?  I'd for sure take that.  If the Chiefs win on Saturday, I say rest Josh, Diggs, Poyer, anyone that's banged up, really, against the Pats.

Not necessarily.  If the Bills lose and the Bengals win, the Bengals would get the #2 seed based on the strength of victory tiebreaker.

39 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

If the Chiefs lose and the Bills win, the Bills are the Number One seed. You can’t let the games play out? 

My point is... you determine that mechanism (no contest bengals game; win percentage to determine seeding - latest idea floated).   Announce it.  Then let play the games this weekend and let it the seedings fall where it may. 

You don’t play the games first.. then announce the plan... which basically means the league has all the data and picks the seeding or is perceived that way. 

39 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

#1 seed should be a goal every season. 

It is ..A.. goal.  But its not ..THE.. goal.   we can still accomplish the ultimate goal without the #1 seed.   There was a fairly dramatic event on Monday that made the #1 seed far less important..and difficult to ensure without replaying the Bengals game. 

My point here is that too many people seem supremely focused on how we can get the #1 seed, and all I’m saying is that would be nice, but its not mandatory and given whats happened, I think the team isn’t as focused on that as some here are. 

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

This probably won't happen, but intentionally throwing a playoff berth to New England only to blow them out the following week would be a much-needed moment of levity for all of us.  That's a troll job that would go down in history in AFCE lore, since it humiliates the Patriots and bones the Dolphins.  All we need to do is figure out how to TP Robert Salah's house and we'd have the trifecta.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

My point is... you determine that mechanism (no contest bengals game; win percentage to determine seeding - latest idea floated).   Announce it.  Then let play the games this weekend and let it the seedings fall where it may. 

You don’t play the games first.. then announce the plan... which basically means the league has all the data and picks the seeding or is perceived that way. 

It is ..A.. goal.  But its not ..THE.. goal.   we can still accomplish the ultimate goal without the #1 seed.   There was a fairly dramatic event on Monday that made the #1 seed far less important..and difficult to ensure without replaying the Bengals game. 

My point here is that too many people seem supremely focused on how we can get the #1 seed, and all I’m saying is that would be nice, but its not mandatory and given whats happened, I think the team isn’t as focused on that as some here are. 

It's because Bills fans have been focused on the #1 seed since Kelce's TD that ended the Divisional Round game. It's hard to change gears.

Edited by FrenchConnection
Spelling
  • Agree 2

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

This probably won't happen, but intentionally throwing a playoff berth to New England only to blow them out the following week would be a much-needed moment of levity for all of us.  That's a troll job that would go down in history in AFCE lore, since it humiliates the Patriots and bones the Dolphins.  All we need to do is figure out how to TP Robert Salah's house and we'd have the trifecta.

He has Zach Wilson...leave the poor guy alone. That's enough to deal with.

3 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

It's because Bills fans have been focused on the #1 seed since Kelsey's TD that ended the Divisional Round game. It's hard to change gears.

Took me a minute but at first I thought you meant Chris Kelsey and was like when did he ever play in the playoffs for the bills, didn't think he was on that 1999 squad 

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

The NFL is worried about only one thing....as they should be....making sure that the teams are all trying to win this weekend (and every weekend). 

3 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Well I believe the solution being bandied about by Scheffter and others about the 1 an 2 seeds having a choice between a bye and Home field is a real fair possibility.

This seems like the best solution…chiefs will pick the bye and will be on the road if they see the bills or bengals.  I doubt they go through with it though 

3 minutes ago, Kiva said:

We still control our destiny. The league wouldn’t rip the 1seed out of our hands without giving us a chance.  That would be terrible. 

Don't be so sure.  I expect a hybrid solution.

1.  No Bye, 8 teams get in.

2. Split the 1 seed benefits. 1 seed picks Bye or Home Field, 2 seed gets other
3. AFC Title Game neutral field if two of BUF KC CIN make it. 

9 minutes ago, Kiva said:

We still control our destiny. The league wouldn’t rip the 1seed out of our hands without giving us a chance.  That would be terrible. 

You know, I believe this. it was the players association that agreed to suspend the game. That same Association that reps Every team involved. KC, Balt, Cinci, Buff, Miami and so on. A tie is punishment for teams like Baltimore. A win for both teams punishes KC. They can't say Buffalo Conceded the game, was not their choice to not play the game.

Wins for both team and the league go's on with one big fat asterisk by the year.

Either way... Damned if you do... Damned if you don't. BUT what you don't do is punish those teams on the field.

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

8 teams get in, 2 teams get the bye, KC with home field advantage against buffalo. AFC and NFC. I think the entire NFL League and Fans would love this outcome.

***EDITED***

And TBH this is how it SHOULD BE in the NFL

Edited by PrimeTime101

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Doesn't make sense to split the 1 seed benefits AND have the AFC Championship at a neutral site.  If KC, for example, chooses the bye, then the Bills should get HFA throughout, regardless of who's playing.

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

8 teams get in, 2 teams get the bye, KC with home field advantage against buffalo. AFC and NFC. I think the entire NFL League and Fans would love this outcome.

8 teams with two byes means 6 teams playing 3 games on WC weekend, producing 3 winners.  Meaning there would be 5 teams in the divisional round.  So, that wouldn't work, unless you can find a way to have three teams play in one game.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If KC and Buffalo are 1 and 2 then they can't play each other until the AFC title game and they would both have had home games up to that point.  If you then put the AFC title game on a neutral field there is no home field advantage associated with the higher seed.  If you are going to go down this road it is take the bye and lose home field against the other team. 

2 minutes ago, BLeonard said:

Doesn't make sense to split the 1 seed benefits AND have the AFC Championship at a neutral site.  If KC, for example, chooses the bye, then the Bills should get HFA throughout, regardless of who's playing.

8 teams with two byes means 6 teams playing 3 games on WC weekend, producing 3 winners.  Meaning there would be 5 teams in the divisional round.  So, that wouldn't work, unless you can find a way to have three teams play in one game.

only benifit being split is the Bye. This does not affect EITHER TEAM other than they both get a bye. SO i wholeheartedly disagree

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:
6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I have a hard time saying KC just gets home field advantage against Buffalo when Buffalo beat them head to head.  If anything that should be used as the tiebreaker IMO.  I would also be okay with randomly vacating a non-Bills KC game and resetting the records.

3 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

only benifit being split is the Bye. This does not affect EITHER TEAM other than they both get a bye. SO i wholeheartedly disagree

How you gonna give two teams a bye with 8 teams involved?  You'd have 6 teams playing and 2 on a bye.  The 6 teams play 3 games, producing three winners.

3+2 = 5

• Haha (+1) 1

This whole thing, talking about it in WGR again - AFC final game on neutral site if bills, Bengals, or Chiefs get to AFC finals - a neutral field would be used. I'd guess Indianapolis or Detroit.

Which I think hurts us. Outside in any stadium is my vote when all 3 okay outside.

Plus, I'd rather have the first round bye. 

18 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

This is making more sense considering the lack of a game screws a play in team. 

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

HA good point. oh well i tried lmfao

That's why I said before, if you're splitting the bye and HFA, you don't have any "neutral field" nonsense.  That would nullify the advantage the team that receives HFA would get, if they would have to play at a neutral site anyway.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.