Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

• Process changed the title to Official: Game will not be resumed this week
4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

can someone update to me who Ari Meirov is? NFL Insider? I will believe this when it comes from the Bills or NFL Comish

He’s been covering the NFL as long as i’ve been on Twitter and was blue checkmarked before you could pay for it.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2

im guessing if they wipe the game, it's because the bills asked to not play it given the obvious circumstances,  and the bengals didn't protest (and they'd look terrible to protest it let alone i doubt there is much support in the organization to press for something like that right now).  that would essentially be the bills abdicating their shot at holding the 1 seed, the bengals giving up their shot at a better seed (sort of accepting the 3 seed), and KC getting gifted the 1. 

given that the bills have the most skin in the game wrt rankings and are giving up the 1 seed, i don't think any other teams would really complain.

• Like (+1) 2

Perhaps they wait to see the results of next week's games to see if this game is necessary to determine playoff seeding.  That said, it's hard to imagine a scenario where it isn't.  I guess if the Chiefs and Bengals both lose next week and the Bills win, the Bills would lock up the #1 seed regardless of this game, but does that still leave the #2 vs. #3 seeds (KC vs. Cincy) in question and/or the AFC North championship (Cincy vs. Baltimore)?  I don't have the time to run the scenarios....back to work.  Continued thoughts and prayers for Hamlin.

• Agree 1

Not resuming the game is as much of a no-brainer as postponing the game last night.   I expect them to announce a tie, no contest or something similar.  They will figure out who gets seeded where based on week 18 results...and some team(s) fans may not be happy but the NFL will do the best they can.  And every team and fanbase involved will live with it and be OK. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

Makes sense.  There's no realistic way to make up a Monday night game in the same week, and then turn around and play the following weekend.  Now they need to make a call on how they're handling this game overall, so that teams know where they stand going into the last game of the season.

Edited by BillsFanSD

4 minutes ago, colin said:

im guessing if they wipe the game, it's because the bills asked to not play it given the obvious circumstances,  and the bengals didn't protest (and they'd look terrible to protest it let alone i doubt there is much support in the organization to press for something like that right now).  that would essentially be the bills abdicating their shot at holding the 1 seed, the bengals giving up their shot at a better seed (sort of accepting the 3 seed), and KC getting gifted the 1. 

given that the bills have the most skin in the game wrt rankings and are giving up the 1 seed, i don't think any other teams would really complain.

May be they give a W to both teams and allow the Bills the 1st round bye ot mentally re-group.  Again, these games are so far away in the minds of the players...it really doesn't matter until Hamlin recovers.  Prayers to Hamlin and his family.  Go Bills !

• Like (+1) 1

It's the right call.  Life goes on, and business goes on - but w/ the way the players were reacting last night, it's hard to imagine them even practicing this week, much less trying to play a game in one of the next couple of nights.

A positive update about Hamlin will shift the energy a bit. Here's hoping.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.