Carr Benched. Stidham Starting Rest of Season

wjag

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If McDaniels had even a top 15 defense they'd easily be in the playoffs.  This is not Carr's fault. 

How many Raiders games have you watched this season?

Maybe it's Carr's fault, maybe McDaniels' but Carr has played very poorly in the games I've watched.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

If McDaniels had even a top 15 defense they'd easily be in the playoffs.  This is not Carr's fault. 

Not entirely, but he isn't blameless either.  14 INT's to lead the league, and a $40.5 salary make him very much a liability.  And his worst season besides his rookie year after adding Davante Adams.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Per my son, the only thing that matters in this situation is will Stidham get the ball to Davante Adams for his FF Championship.  Probably a millions other people feel the same.  But yeah, strange move.

They're making sure he doesn't get hurt.  He's a huge liability if they aren't in the playoff hunt.

• Agree 3

4 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Purely a financial move.  Nothing wrong with that, however.  Would want the Bills to be smart long term vs short term. 

That's not quite accurate.

If Carr were playing well and the Raiders viewed him as their QB of the present and future, the team wouldn't be benching him, regardless of any financial considerations.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

How many Raiders games have you watched this season?

Maybe it's Carr's fault, maybe McDaniels' but Carr has played very poorly in the games I've watched.

I've watched most of them. Last year Carr had a 94 rating season and the year before that he was 101.  Both years the Raider defense sucked. This season he loses Waller for most of the year. This years defense ranks 25th on both yardage & points. This isn't about Carr.  It's about McDaniels wanting his own qb. He'll fail miserably as a HC like he did in Denver. Maybe he can beg Brady to come to Vegas.  Better hope Carr doesn't come to the afce.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

If Carr were playing well and the Raiders viewed him as their QB of the present and future, the team wouldn't be benching him, regardless of any financial considerations.

Davis is nearly broke, relatively speaking vis a via other owners. The money usually doesn’t matter for owners, but in the case of the Raiders, it does.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I've watched most of them. Last year Carr had a 94 rating season and the year before that he was 101.  Both years the Raider defense sucked. This season he loses Waller for most of the year. This years defense ranks 25th on both yardage & points. This isn't about Carr.  It's about McDaniels wanting his own qb. He'll fail miserably as a HC like he did in Denver. Maybe he can beg Brady to come to Vegas.  Better hope Carr doesn't come to the afce.

Yup. 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I won't argue any of what you assert however Carr has looked like crap this year.

He was epically horrible vs the Rams and the Steelers and there were games earlier in the year that he was just bad.

If Carr was playing up to his contract, he'd still be the starter.

JMO.

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Davis is nearly broke, relatively speaking vis a via other owners. The money usually doesn’t matter for owners, but in the case of the Raiders, it does.

Maybe Terry P. will lend him some cash to keep the team solvent. 😉

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I think it is.  Yes, if  Carr was playing well and this team was 9-6 he would likely be playing this week and the following. 

But since the above is not true, they are sitting him to avoid a $40M hit.

No one with a straight face can say Stidham gives them a better chance to win. 

• Like (+1) 2

Interesting. How about Carr for Mac Jones + picks.

Have to expect another round of QB carousel this spring. I believe Geno, Jones, Garoppolo, and Mayfield are UFAs (not counting Brady & Jackson). Plenty of QB needy teams with Texans and Colts surely aiming for the draft.       

5 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Just any one of you AFC West teams beat the Chief just once, that's all just once, I mean come on.

I really thought the Raiders might pick them off at the end of the season. The KC game would be their Super Bowl. But not now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.