Carr Benched. Stidham Starting Rest of Season

wjag

1 hour ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Get ready for Derek Carr in NE next year. 

What about Trey Lance? If Brock Purdy keeps doing well and has a good playoff run, then 49ers QB situation could get interesting. Jimmy G, Lance, Purdy. Lance is still young and could bring them a good return in a trade.

Edited by Greg S

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

While I think Carr is an upgrade to Wilson for the Jets, not sure he is as driven as Josh is about loving to play the game.  I think he may just be happy to walk away relatively healthy with a fat bank account.  He hasn't taken quite as bad of a beating in his nfl career as his brother did in houston.  Guy was sacked 267 times so I'm sure that piled on at least 5 to 10 concussions.  Once a concussion history is started  another concussion can be triggered by a hit that prior would not have been concussion worthy.

He may be perfectly happy taking on backup roles for decent money and less wear and tear.  

If Carr ever agreed to be our backup over scrubs like Mitch & Case, that would be huge insurance. 

47 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

If Carr ever agreed to be our backup over scrubs like Mitch & Case, that would be huge insurance. 

40 million dollar back up. The Raiders paid him 40 mil this year. He's hasc2 years ob that contract for 40 mil each year. I think the raiders have a pay out of the contract for 5 mil. At least that's what I heard on the NFL network. 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

The injury clause in his contract.  Seems they've already made their minds up that this is his last season in Vegas.  If he's to play the final two games and gets injured, Vegas would owe him $40 million.  Benching him is the only way to prevent that from happening.  They're not even making him active.

Carr is certainly not elite but I would consider him to be a low end franchise QB.   In the right system he can put up good numbers.   Oh well, that’s McDaniel’s decision and if that’s how he wants to proceed then I suppose we will find out how life looks like without a good QB in place after the season.

Im sure Carr will have plenty of interest in the FA market.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.