NFL NETWORK GAMES BLACKED OUT??

JMM

What the heck is going on? They just took the 1pm game off and put on other programming. I'm in Elmira on Spectrum cable. Does this mean they are going to blackout the Bills game tonight? Why is ANY game blacked out?? Can somebody help me before I have to try to call these idiots? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JMM said:

What the heck is going on? They just took the 1pm game off and put on other programming. I'm in Elmira on Spectrum cable. Does this mean they are going to blackout the Bills game tonight? Why is ANY game blacked out?? Can somebody help me before I have to try to call these idiots? 

Strange, I have it on directv

• Thank you (+1) 1

I seem to remember they did this too with preseason games too, but these are regular season games, this has to be a mistake by Spectrum right??

Is anybody else experiencing this in the Elmira Corning area on Spectrum cable?

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, JMM said:

Bills game is on ch.7 tonight idk why they'd not show the early games. That makes no sense and I'm currently watching it in Cheektowaga so it's not a blackout issue due to proximity 

So I just called Spectrum,  the rep says they have nothing to do with it and gave me the number to call NFL network.  Why do I get the feeling I'm getting the run around and they are going to say it's Spectrum. How ridiculous. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, JMM said:

So I just called Spectrum,  the rep says they have nothing to do with it and gave me the number to call NFL network.  Why do I get the feeling I'm getting the run around and they are going to say it's Spectrum. How ridiculous. 

Spectrum in Cincinnati is showing the game on NFL Network.

Weird though, was initially black screen. I had to flip back-n-forth a couple times to other channels then it popped on.

Yeah, Spectrum blows.

36 minutes ago, JMM said:

I live in Wayland NY, and they did same thing to me so I'm watching the game on the NFL networks home page online. 

32 minutes ago, JMM said:

That would be fine if you paid the NFL Network directly. You pay Spectrum. They owe you a service. They're just trying to get you off the line. 

So I called back Spectrum,  and you ready for this? This time the rep says that they are experiencing an "outage" because so many people are currently adding the NFL network. I said then how is the NFL network still on, and showing A football life reruns. She said yes, that is the outage, they are trying to restore the game, no time for when it will be resolved.  Can you believe this?? So I will either add a streamer like YouTube TV or watch on my laptop tonight. But this is about the last straw with these idiots.

• Haha (+1) 1

I have Fision and I am getting the game on NFL Network no problem.

In Florida.

If you guys can get this in your area (fibre optic) do it immediately! 

Makes you realize in 5 seconds how much cable TV sucks.

It's yesterday's technology.

Have been getting it fine on NFLN via Spectrum here in Rochester.  They're just lying to you; they have no idea what's going on.  Like how Apple makes up how much "time is remaining" on your software updates or transfers.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

Bills game is on ch.7 tonight idk why they'd not show the early games. That makes no sense and I'm currently watching it in Cheektowaga so it's not a blackout issue due to proximity 

NFLNETWORK as well. Currently showing Colts crushing Vikings. Who’da thunk?

• Shocked 1

30 minutes ago, JMM said:

So I called back Spectrum,  and you ready for this? This time the rep says that they are experiencing an "outage" because so many people are currently adding the NFL network. I said then how is the NFL network still on, and showing A football life reruns. She said yes, that is the outage, they are trying to restore the game, no time for when it will be resolved.  Can you believe this?? So I will either add a streamer like YouTube TV or watch on my laptop tonight. But this is about the last straw with these idiots.

There are actually two different NFL network program channels.  I have Spectrum, and I stream on the Spectrum App on my tv (I have an apple tv receiver, roku and also a smart TV. )  That eliminates paying for Spectrum's equipment.  I am watching the Vikings game on the NFL Network on Spectrum via my Apple TV, and I live in Lancaster.  If you have a smart TV (or Roku, Apple 4K, etc), you can download the NFL App directly.  On that app, you can see what is currently running on the NFL Network.  (Their alternate channel for areas where the game is blacked out, is currently showing the Rams vs Raiders game.)   On the app, you will have to login through your TV provider...in essence proving you subscribe to the NFL Network.  BTW...you can also watch the Red Zone channel on Sundays this way, as well as any games being broadcast in your area via CBS, Fox, etc.  

10 minutes ago, TurfToeJam said:

Ask spectrum for a courtesy credit do to outage.  

I do that all the time.  They will give you a day's credit if the outage lasts 4 hours or longer.

12 minutes ago, TurfToeJam said:

Ask spectrum for a courtesy credit do to outage.  

yes, and let us know how that works out

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I do that all the time.  They will give you a day's credit if the outage lasts 4 hours or longer.

Funny how you have to ask for it and it’s not automatically applied. 

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Sometimes it is if the outage expands to an entire area.  I've been surprised with credits in the past.

Well I don't believe there is any "outage" that doesn't even make sense! I may be calling them alright,  to finally get rid of their ass! At least for TV. I just downloaded YOUTUBETV on my TV, 14 day free trial. And it looks GREAT!  Seems to have all the channels we watch, including the local ones.  If I keep it I would be saving almost $100! This may have been a blessing in disguise.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I'm still on the roof, turning an antenna.  Not having much success. 🙁

I remember when I lived back there I was an early big C band huge dish owner. I would have to go out & broom it off a few times a game when it was really snowing. Good times, old days. 🙂

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.