NY Jets at Buffalo Bills, Sunday Dec 11 at 1 pm

Beck Water

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Except I never insinuated that even once…..  I just said they they may be as good if not better than gabe.  That doesn’t mean I think Mims or Berrios would’ve made those catches.  I don’t think Berrios would have.  Mims has the skill set for it, we saw it in college, but for w/e reason, he hasn’t had many opportunities in the nfl.  Probably because he wasn’t polished enough in his first and 2nd years.  Now, he’s stuck behind a very good WR unit.   

i love Gabe.  I think he’s a good WR, but, based on his play this season, I don’t think he’s worthy of the 2nd contract he’s going to command (mostly thanks to 17).  Like many have said, I don’t think he’s a good #2 WR.  He’s decent, but replaceable and not worth close to 10M+ a year based on this seasons performance. This years performance = 4-6M a year imo.  

He's Robin. Diggs is Batman. You don't pay Robin.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Except I never insinuated that even once…..  I just said they they may be as good if not better than gabe.  That doesn’t mean I think Mims or Berrios would’ve made those catches.  I don’t think Berrios would have.  Mims has the skill set for it, we saw it in college, but for w/e reason, he hasn’t had many opportunities in the nfl.  Probably because he wasn’t polished enough in his first and 2nd years.  Now, he’s stuck behind a very good WR unit.   

i love Gabe.  I think he’s a good WR, but, based on his play this season, I don’t think he’s worthy of the 2nd contract he’s going to command (mostly thanks to 17).  Like many have said, I don’t think he’s a good #2 WR.  He’s decent, but replaceable and not worth close to 10M+ a year based on this seasons performance. This years performance = 4-6M a year imo.  

Gabe Will probably end the season around 900 yards and 8 td. 4-6 million want even be closer, I can see him getting Christian Kirk contract. 

9 minutes ago, 97bills said:

Gabe Will probably end the season around 900 yards and 8 td. 4-6 million want even be closer, I can see him getting Christian Kirk contract. 

I didn’t say that’s what he would get….. 

of course he’ll get much more.  He still has another year to make up for what has been a disappointing season imo.  I thought he’d be better.  I didn’t think he’d drop as many passes as he has.  I thought he’d come up with some tough catches that he didn’t.  He’s been spectacular at times in the past.  Other than the steeler game, he’s had 3 decent games this year Imo (rams, Vikings, KC)

I’m sure most of the fan base agrees.

kirk got 21M a year.  He’s had a solid season but isn’t worth 21M imo.  Gabe isn’t even close to worth that.  Wait til he’s not playing opposite Diggs.  

• Agree 1

The Bills won 3 road games in 12 days while not playing ANYWHERE near their best football.

They have had 10 days to lick their wounds (feels like it’s been 3 months since they played) and I will be surprised if they don’t play some of their best football this season, starting tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Well, when you insisted it was because of Josh, that’s what it sounded like to me. 

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

The Bills won 3 road games in 12 days while not playing ANYWHERE near their best football.

They have had 10 days to lick their wounds (feels like it’s been 3 months since they played) and I will be surprised if they don’t play some of their best football this season, starting tomorrow.

Yessir! Would love to see a stifling D, tough runs by the backs and a JA MVP agame. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Well, when you insisted it was because of Josh, that’s what it sounded like to me. 

I insisted that gabe made some nice catches because of Josh?  Because that’s what you’re talking about here.  

I think you’re reading too much into it.  

what I meant to insist is:  gabe wouldn’t be thought of like he if now…..if he had the Jets QBs the last 3 years, instead of Josh.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I insisted that gabe made some nice catches because of Josh?  Because that’s what you’re talking about here.  

I think you’re reading too much into it.  

what I meant to insist is:  gabe wouldn’t be thought of like he if now…..if he had the Jets QBs the last 3 years, instead of Josh.  

I don’t wanna belabor the point but in my original post responding to you today, I said that Gabe has made a ton of great plays and you said, “Right…..because of Josh…..and Diggs being bracketed all game.” That sounded like you were implying that anybody could have made those plays “because of Josh” and I think that was a reasonable takeaway. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. 

9 hours ago, balln said:

Jets D is better. They have more weapons on offense. Josh Allen wasn’t anything dominant until stef diggs. G Wilson is elite talent. 

im sick of the take that bc of something that happened last year / Mike white is trash now still. Totally false. 

if anything the same

logic should apply - bills O looked like garbage against jets THIS year and prob will struggle this game. Jets have t allowed a passer above 250 yards allllll season. Also look at points allowed by them game by game

Why are you here?

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/9/2022 at 2:45 PM, CorkScrewHill said:

Dion Dawkins interview .. great conversation re Walter Payton award, being ready for this week ( he basically confirmed he will play), his new massive tattoo, his one handed catch against the Browns

As far as I can remember a Bills player has never actually won the award. Harrison Philips used to be a constant nomination and before him I think it was Lorenzo Alexander. Who decides who actually wins? Given everything that happened in Buffalo this past year and how Dion as been there for the people I really think he should win. 

Edit: I think Bills Mafia should put some pressure on whoever decides via social media and help them realize how deserving he is

Edited by SomeDudeAtHome

59 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Why are you here?

I think that people like him are here because they have convinced themselves that if they think the worst then they can’t lose. They think that by thinking negatively it it will hurt less if the Bills do screw up and they get to say “I told you so” and if the Bills do great then they get to cheer that on

edit: let me add I don’t mind when fans are critical, but when you are you better be ready to have thick skin because of course on a Bills discussion board people are gonna come at you. That being said there’s a huge difference between being critical and being negative. I don’t really u deters d how some “fans” have been so negative for the entire season of a team that’s 9-3

Edited by Ya Digg?

1 hour ago, SomeDudeAtHome said:

As far as I can remember a Bills player has never actually won the award. Harrison Philips used to be a constant nomination and before him I think it was Lorenzo Alexander. Who decides who actually wins? Given everything that happened in Buffalo this past year and how Dion as been there for the people I really think he should win. 

Edit: I think Bills Mafia should put some pressure on whoever decides via social media and help them realize how deserving he is

Wait.  Dawkins is a huge pro wrestling fan, and his brother is a pro wrestler in Hawaii with the ring name "Giant Leather"?

Who knew about this?  @Chandler#81?

Agree with you of course about Dawkins should win.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Rewatching game on NFLN as well- Jets did NOT get that 3rd and short w 5 min in 1st half. BS spot. 

Just rewatched as well - such a crazy game.  The crazy ints, the bonkers last possession with the amazing 1st down catch to Diggs called back by the hold they never showed, the shattered ulnar, then topped off with the unbelivable 60 yd throw at the end with half an elbow that bounced of Davis' chest.  I was thinking while watching, as tough as the loss was at the time - over the course of the season a couple losses like that make you a better team in the long run.  As for tomorrow - Can't Wait!

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

Just rewatched as well - such a crazy game.  The crazy ints, the bonkers last possession with the amazing 1st down catch to Diggs called back by the hold they never showed, the shattered ulnar, then topped off with the unbelivable 60 yd throw at the end with half an elbow that bounced of Davis' chest.  I was thinking while watching, as tough as the loss was at the time - over the course of the season a couple losses like that make you a better team in the long run.  As for tomorrow - Can't Wait!

It was Dawkins on the hold. He pancaked the dude to the middle of the field iirc.  Arms kind of around him, but was a bs call in my book.  He manhandled him. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

The Ulnar is a nerve. It's not 'shattered'. 

On the Davis last second play I couldn't bring myself to watch it again until just now (up thread) and it really did just bounce off him. Of course he's made big plays at times, and I still like him as a player, but he is so inconsistent. 

7 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

The Ulnar is a nerve. It's not 'shattered' 

It was a joke - after all the ridiculous internet doctor diagnoses (and the ulnar is also a ligament)

Edited by stevewin
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.