12/1/2022 - NFL Week #13 - Bills at Pats* - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

Bills looked like the superior team from the beginning......it took a little longer to pull away than it should have, but the outcome of the game was obvious by the end of the first quarter, IMO.

Pretty much. I had no nerves going into the game. No nerves during the game and was pretty much sitting down calm all game.

Patriots are not on our level. Honestly not even really close.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just rewatched the Hamlin hit in end zone. 

By rule, the roughness call may be correct. But ejection was a bad call. 

Here’s what happens. 
Pat WR catches ball in air, returns to ground. 
Then, he lowers his head, as he is anticipating Hamlin hit. 
So he’s NOT really defenseless. Makes a move to protect himself by getting lower. 

Problem was, by getting lower, he ducks his head right into Hamlins shoulder pad. 

If he hadn’t ducked, Hamlin shoulder would have hit his chest, not his head. 

Hamlin didn’t lead with helmet. 
Hamlin didn’t launch. 
Bad call. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 5

1 minute ago, pennstate10 said:

Just rewatched the Hamlin hit in end zone. 

By rule, the roughness call may be correct. But ejection was a bad call. 

Here’s what happens. 
Pat WR catches ball in air, returns to ground. 
Then, he lowers his head, as he is anticipating Hamlin hit. 
So he’s NOT really defenseless. Makes a move to protect himself by getting lower. 

Problem was, by getting lower, he ducks his head right into Hamlins shoulder pad. 

If he hadn’t ducked, Hamlin shoulder would have hit his chest, not his head. 

Hamlin didn’t lead with helmet. 
Hamlin didn’t launch. 
Bad call. 

Agree......don't understand the ejection there. I've seen much worse hits than that where the player was not ejected.

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

He's a bigger crybaby than Brady was/is.

Mac Jones?  No doubt.  I can't stand Brady, but Mac Jones is a straight up B word

Just now, Gunsgoodtime said:

Mac Jones?  No doubt.  I can't stand Brady, but Mac Jones is a straight up B word

Not the way I typed it but point addressed lol.  Nice filter.

• Haha (+1) 1

Game Stats: 

Throwing:

Josh 22/33 66.6% 223 yds & 2TDs (sacked twice both by Uche)

Rushing:

Cook 14 carries 64 yds 6 catches 41 yds (#3 leading receiver behind Diggs & McKenzie)

Singletary 13 carries 51 yds & 1 TD 0 catches

Hines 2 carries -3 yds 1 catch 21 yds

Receiving:

Diggs 7 catches 92 yds & 1 TD

McKenzie 5 catches 44 yds

Davis 2 catches 15 yds 1 TD (was 5th, behind Cook & Hines for yds & 4th for receptions)

Knox 0 catches (was a blocking night)

Defense:

Epenesa had the only sack

We lost 1 fumble. Pats had 0 turnovers

Edmunds was leading tackler 5 solo 1 assist

Kick return:

Hines 2 kick returns for 26 yds total

Hines 2 punt returns for 4 yds total (Pats punted 6 times)

Time of Possession:

Bills 38:08.    Pats 21:52

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401437873

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, wjag said:

The AfterGlow:

1. Von who?  I kid. 

2. That drive of 94 yards won the game for Buffalo

3. There was evidence of a run game tonight. 
4. Shame that TD bomb to Diggs was called back. 
5. Two more significant injuries.  I think.  Knox and maybe Phillips. 
6. Cook’s game is coming around. 
7. Dink and Dunk won the night. 
8. I’m in the Hamlin was wrongly accused camp. 
9. A rushing TD.  Yeah. 
10. 3-0 in Foxboro and 3-0 on Thursday night.  

Knox was back in the game late in the 4th quarter .. so he may be fine

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Hope he’s ok too.

But feel like they always say they’re ok after the game..

They probably feel like they’re OK after the game.  They have immense amounts of adrenaline coursing through their bodies.  A lot of the pain come from inflammation and swelling, and those processes haven’t gotten rocking yet.

McDermott isn’t just brushing the press off when he tells them Monday he’ll know more on Wednesday

This game, the playoff game, the 2nd regular season game last year - it's exactly what the Pats used to do to the Bills.  Just being a better team, marching down the field, scoring - and there is nothing the other team can do about it.

That game was so much more dominant than the score indicated.  We doubled the TOP.  The greatest coach of all time didn't have a single answer. 

Feels good, man.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I mean it worked but it was an odd play from the get-go.

Allen escapes well before protection broke down, but did not have a lot of open routes to pick from. They ran 3 receivers into the same middle area which meant they were all effectively surrounded and negated by 5 defenders. They ran a rub to free Knox, but that route is too shallow, rounds off at the 7 yrd line, and with a defender that has the angle to stop it short of the goal line and its 3rd and goal.

They have Hines in the backfield, but kept him in to block rather than chip and release as an outlet option or receiving option in the backside flat to draw a defender or maybe beat that 1:1 to the pylon.

Ended up needing a super Allen play and he pulled it off.

Edited by WideNine

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Allen escapes well before protection broke down, but did not have a lot of open routes to pick from. They ran 3 receivers into the same middle area which meant they were all effectively surrounded and negated by 5 defenders. They ran a rub to free Knox, but that route is too shallow, rounds off at the 7 yrd line, and with a defender that has the angle to stop it short of the goal line and its 3rd and goal.

They have Hines in the backfield, but kept him in to block rather than chip and release as an outlet option or receiving option in the backside flat to draw a defender or maybe beat that 1:1 to the pylon.

Yet again, I'm happy Superman plays for our team.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Remember when we yielded the division last year?

Do these turds still have jobs?

26 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

That’s good. Too bad they’re bawston retawds 

25 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Maybe not exciting, but it was a beautiful domination. I'll take that every day for Bills games. 

Pats* did that to us for decades. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

They are called Massholes for a reason. Perfect perfect description of people in that area. 

I worked with one.  Could get along great.  But when it came to Football, the guy was totally clueless.  One of those I would bet couldn't name 3 players on the whole team

23 minutes ago, WideNine said:

We’ve seen Allen do these rollouts to the right and throw a dart just before going out of bounds so many times that it almost feels like a routine play and it just isn’t. I hope I never take his talent for granted. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

I worked with one.  Could get along great.  But when it came to Football, the guy was totally clueless.  One of those I would bet couldn't name 3 players on the whole team

My wife has had two chances to transfer to that area for her job at huge salary raises and I vetoed that move both times. Nothing and I mean nothing could get me to move to that area and be subjected to those people. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.