The day after

Italian Bills

Super roller coaster of emotions about the game and events surrounding it.  While I still have a ton of passion and love for the bills I try not to get so invested ot takes over my life.   Yesterday my MIL was admitted to the hospital again and was getting updates during the game, so that put a ton of stuff in perspective.  The two things I wanted for my b day today didn’t happen, healthy family and a bills win.  Going to the game this Sunday and I think this is our get right game.  🫰an OBJ signing and Tre white back in the lineup.  

How I feel and what I see are different things…

I still don’t trust this staff, still can’t run the ball, play calling has been questionable and health is still an issue.

A lot of things need to come around in order to go 14-3. The Bills are not better than Miami at this point. Home field advantage may help. I think what we’ve seen the last 3 weeks 11-6 is way more realistic. 

Not a single TD in the second half of the last 3 games. Something is way off.

Lost 11-6

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Agree 1

As simple as it was to secure the victory in so many parts late in the game (that's the hurtful part), this was actually a game that I could handle losing so long as the ball was in Allen's hands last, which it was.

A lot of crap that went wrong, yet we still had the opportunity to win or at the very least finish in a tie.

This is essentially playoff football moving forward, I believe Allen turns it back on and limits his mistakes, the Bills start clicking again in every phase, and hopefully this forces the playcalling to blend in the run game (I'm talking Singletary, Hines, and Cook) when situations call for it.

I thought it was insanely ridiculous how bleak fans' outlook on the team was after the loss, as expressed on different platforms.

The Bills are legit, and yes, that was a fluke win by the Vikings...their record will be proven to be a complete facade.

Seething.

Just now, BurpleBull said:

As simple as it was to secure the victory in so many parts late in the game (that's the hurtful part), this was actually a game that I could handle losing so long as the ball was in Allen's hands last, which it was.

A lot of crap that went wrong, yet we still had the opportunity to win or at the very least finish in a tie.

This is essentially playoff football moving forward, I believe Allen turns it back on and limits his mistakes, the Bills start clicking again in every phase, and hopefully this forces the playcalling to blend in the run game (I'm talking Singletary, Hines, and Cook) when situations call for it.

I thought it was insanely ridiculous how bleak fans' outlook on the team was after the loss, as expressed on different platforms.

The Bills are legit, and yes, that was a fluke win by the Vikings...their record will be proven to be a complete facade.

The Bills have to stop turning the ball over at a near worst in the NFL clip. It's inexcusable to be this cavalier with the football.

They are tied with the Colts for 2nd most turnovers in the NFL with 18. Only New Orleans has more with 19. Both of those teams have played 10 games, so technically the Bills lead the NFL in turnovers per game.

Compare them to the Eagles with only 3 all season. Bills have multiple games with more turnovers than the Eagles do for the entire year.

• Angry 1
  • Agree 1

I’d feel better if the AFC East wasn’t good from top to bottom this year. Not sure how we can pull 14-3 out of this remaining schedule and our toughest schedule in years overall, but I do still think we end up with some kind of record that gets us into the playoffs.

but let’s start to accept the strong likelihood of playing in Arrowhead again if we are fortunate enough to get to that point, because I really think by the time these playoffs are underway, anyone can beat anyone. 

And As far as how I feel the day after, it depends on the minute.

sometimes it’s 

wish Knox could’ve caught that TD in OT before the Allen int

or wish we didn’t fumble the snap with the game won 

or wish we didn’t give up another “catch of the year” in a dramatic loss and yet AGAIN failed to “knock it down”

or this team isn’t learning from

these Heartbreaking losses

yeah. Just depends on the minute. 

Here we are again. Needing Sunday to come and get this taste out of our mouths, but this time, I’m a lot more worried. Yep, even against the Browns.

22 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Seething.

The Bills have to stop turning the ball over at a near worst in the NFL clip. It's inexcusable to be this cavalier with the football.

They are tied with the Colts for 2nd most turnovers in the NFL with 18. Only New Orleans has more with 19. Both of those teams have played 10 games, so technically the Bills lead the NFL in turnovers per game.

Compare them to the Eagles with only 3 all season. Bills have multiple games with more turnovers than the Eagles do for the entire year.

And maybe it took a loss of this magnitude to drive that home.

I think this is the best spot in the season to come to harsh realizations if genuinely prepped to take the whole damn thing.

You know it's amazing that at 1pm Sunday Bills are #1 in AFC, 4 hours later #6 seed.  

Back in early September, the AFCW was supposed to be 4 stud teams. Instead it's KC & 3 cupcakes, while the AFCE that was the Bills & 3 cupcakes, they are the stud division. Amazing

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes, injury bug has hit, but Allen is directly responsible for the last two losses due to turnovers. They could have easily won those games while missing all those players.

I don’t disagree, but I actually think he’s ‘injured’ as well. He doesn’t look right to me. I call it a brain fog. You know the feeling….he doesn’t seem to be in the moment. They need some smelling salts on the sideline before he takes the field. 

Just now, Gene1973 said:

If he had a concussion from the hit in the GB game, the staff would have found out and he would have been in the protocol. I highly doubt they would mess around with Allen like the Dolphins did with Tua.

I’m not saying he has a concussion. I mentioned it after last weeks loss. He needs someone on the sideline talking to him. That redhead dude that’s always sitting next to him needs to go! Coach McD needs to get his arse over there and actually talk to his Franchise QB. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I don’t disagree, but I actually think he’s ‘injured’ as well. He doesn’t look right to me. I call it a brain fog. You know the feeling….he doesn’t seem to be in the moment. They need some smelling salts on the sideline before he takes the field. 

That INT in OT was so bad. Poorly thrown ball and he wasn't open either. I don't know if this is Allen or Dorsey but why are they taking a shot at the endzone. They had 1st and 10 at the Vikings 20. More than 2 minutes and two timeouts. There is no need to force anything or panic at that point.

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

That INT in OT was so bad. Poorly thrown ball and he wasn't open either. I don't know if this is Allen or Dorsey but why are they taking a shot at the endzone. They had 1st and 10 at the Vikings 20. More than 2 minutes and two timeouts. There is no need to force anything or panic at that point.

Totally agree. I think I know why they took the shot though. I’m guessing Dorsey has zero faith in his offense down close to the goal line so he called the shot from the twenty. But…Josh shouldn’t have thrown it! The receiver was completely covered, and the ball was of course way behind him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Allen should be a big boy by now I would think?  But usually, the OC and/backup QB's perform said task.

Yep, he ‘should’ but he isn’t. I’d sit Keenum and put Barkley over there. He always kept things light on the sideline. Josh appears to be in a bad way right where he’s clearly waiting for himself to make a mistake. That’s why you see him getting upset after each disaster. He’s psyched himself into it.

Edited by SoCal Deek

Been through this before...I'm okay.  Going to think positively this is just a multiple game slump and Allen will soon snap out of it.  We were 7-6 last year at one point and turned it on after.

I'm going to the game next week with my son and I believe Allen is ultra motivated now.  He feels he's let his teammates down two games in a row and is probably going to work his ass off this week.  I think he has a monster game Sunday.

21 minutes ago, Gene1973 said:

Yes, injury bug has hit, but Allen is directly responsible for the last two losses due to turnovers. They could have easily won those games while missing all those players.

Except yesterday he was playing injured as well and it APPEARED he aggravated that injury on the int in the end zone in the 4th when he friend knocking the ball out with his right arm.. 

3 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

This fan base suffers from collective PTSD.  I'm not kidding or joking in any way, and I honestly don't see how this is even in doubt.

I'm definitely including myself in this.  Yesterday's loss was so just Billsy that it put me right back in the numbed funk that I grew accustomed to during the drought years, where we all knew the Bills were fraudulent and would find a way to lose games.  Now objectively, that's insane.  There's nothing fraudulent about this team.  They're still be the best team in the league IMO, and there's absolutely no reason -- none whatsoever -- to be anything but confident in their ability to win multiple playoff games if they can just get some key guys healthy.  I know all of this on an intellectual level.  But emotionally I just can't get past the "here we go again" feeling that many of us share.  It's irrational, but that doesn't make it less real.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanSD said:

This fan base suffers from collective PTSD.  I'm not kidding or joking in any way, and I honestly don't see how this is even in doubt.

I'm definitely including myself in this.  Yesterday's loss was so just Billsy that it put me right back in the numbed funk that I grew accustomed to during the drought years, where we all knew the Bills were fraudulent and would find a way to lose games.  Now objectively, that's insane.  There's nothing fraudulent about this team.  They're still be the best team in the league IMO, and there's absolutely no reason -- none whatsoever -- to be anything but confident in their ability to win multiple playoff games if they can just get some key guys healthy.  I know all of this on an intellectual level.  But emotionally I just can't get past the "here we go again" feeling that many of us share.  It's irrational, but that doesn't make it less real.  

it’s because Brady and Mahomes would never lose those types of games. But for some reason our all world talent QB does. I don’t get it 

Just to put this in perspective.... 

2020: We are sitting at 7-3 after blowing a lead at Arizona in a game we should have NEVER lost. Knock down a pass, we win. We end the year winning every game up to the AFC Championship in KC. 13-3 season. 

2021: We sit at 6-6 after losing our 2nd straight close game (in OT mind you). We've lost 4 of our last 7 games. We end the year wining out to the 2nd round of the AFC Playoffs. No doubt in my mind, we were the best team in the league last year. Just came up short in an insane game. Finished the year 11-6

2022: We are sitting 6-3 after losing our 2nd straight close game (in OT mind you). We've gone 4-3 the last 7 games.... Finished the year: PENDING  

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

11-6 at best. The injury bug has bit them this year. It happens. 

They could easily run the table. They have beaten themselves 3 times even with all the injuries and it took everything to go right from good teams with a combined 23-7 record to win by 3 points or less on the final possession. With the Bills leading the NFL in turnover rate. And making numerous mind numbing plays to lose those games.

I don't think this team would lose another game if they have 1 TO or less in games.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.