NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

I wonder what our win percentage was with 13 seconds left against KC last year and then this game after we stuffed Cousins.  Just amazing to think you can come away with 2 losses when you had to be over 95 percent in those games, both in last minute.   And I would love to know the exact percentages. 

7 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

No but just trying to make myself feel better. 

Yeah, tough to do after something like this.

7 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Yep. We lost the Divisional game in the play offs away from OP.

This is not the same as when Fitzpatrick & the Bills were 5-2

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Sounds more like that's on McDermott. 

I agree it was time to take a timeout, and remind the player who coaches the team and who runs the frickin plays that are called. And if your QB can't take the hint remind him how well his red zone decisions have gone in recent games.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

If coaching doesn't matter why are KC WR or RB or TE schemed wide open every play?

Mahomes seems to have a wide open option every play. 

We have guys wide open, Josh is picking the wrong guy to throw to and then we have turnovers and TO's lead to losses.

• Agree 3

10 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

That's what you want to believe. 

You have been a staunch defender of the coaches for some time now...so I think it might be you that is on the wrong side here

Allen is a different player under this OC, and not in a good way. You must recognize that and have some tough conversations to fix it, or expect to receive criticism and blame.

It ultimately falls on McD...whether you are willing to accept it or not. 

Or you can say Allen is regressing and not as good as we thought, but the evidence points to the coaching change this season

I’ve been super critical of McBeane.

I think you are wrong here. Allen has been a player who has refused to take what the defense has given him forever. He’s been trying to squeeze in ill-advised throws deep since he first took a snap in the NFL. Allen’s struggles the last 3 weeks have all been his refusal to throw underneath or see the field. 

We have seen tons of second half JA17

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

I wonder what our win percentage was with 13 seconds left against KC last year and then this game after we stuffed Cousins.  Just amazing to think you can come away with 2 losses when you had to be over 95 percent in those games, both in last minute.   And I would love to know the exact percentages. 

Dunno about the KC game, but I'm pretty sure the odds of losing this game after Cousins was stuffed was multiple thousands to one. 

• Like (+1) 1

So where is all the bills social media content? No big luubs video. No coaches speech. They go mysteriously quiet after a loss. All three facets deserve to be crushed by the media today. Unfortunately the buffalo media doesn’t have the dog in them to do that. Serious questions require serious answers. This is silly.

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I think because if the middle is open that badly they just assume Josh is going to rape it anyways.  We hardly ever do wheel routes or drift a RB into there.    

That is so painful to see.  Singletary would have been gone.   Josh got tunnel vision there.  This team is like getting the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders to come back to your hotel room after a night of drinking, tie you down to your bed naked then shut out the lights, leave and lock you in the dark.  

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

How many RBs did we dress?  Singletary, Cook, Duke, Hynes, Gilliam, and T. Jones.  I guess we don't need 9 D/L's.   

I'd love to see more of Gilliam on the field.  He actually added way more to the offense than I thought he would blocking and catching passes.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think you are wrong here. Allen has been a player who has refused to take what the defense has given him forever. He’s been trying to squeeze in ill-advised throws deep since he first took a snap in the NFL. Allen’s struggles the last 3 weeks have all been his refusal to throw underneath or see the field. 

I agree 100% here. Look at the INT to end the game. Allen had so much time to throw yet he forced it to the middle of the field to a covered receiver guarded by their best CB. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

This is the annoying thing - Josh seemed to have sorted this out. From the Patriots in the wildcard game through to the Chiefs in week five we looked smooth and settled. Then the second half against the Steelers, in hindsight, should have perhaps rung alarm bells and then the regression has set in. Why?

On the flip side... take a look at Mahomes' performances between week five and week thirteen last year. Outside of thrashing the Raiders his QBR didn't go above 57.4 (and only above 50.0 twice). He was sacked 16 times and threw eight interceptions. He recovered until the meltdown in the second half against the Bengals. So there's every reason showing Josh can recover.

As I said, the saddest thing is it looked like Josh had sorted this issue out.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

95?? Um they were 99. Incredible. 

15 minutes ago, finn said:

We need to adjust to a new reality. Josh Allen is still incredible, but he's not the superman we thought he was. That's ok, but it will take some getting used to. His ceiling is past Mahomes, Brady, all of them, but his floor is below them. They can still win the Super Bowl, just not in juggernaut fashion. 

The problem is, Allen had everything worked out. The only thing he was lacking was patience. He figured it out. After the Tampa game last year, he showed that if you ran a deep shell on him, he'd take the dumpoffs for 6-8 yards. At that point the Bills O became an unstoppable juggernaut.

This year, early in the Rams and Titans games, Allen took the checkdowns and matriculated the ball. The Bills offense was an unstoppable juggernaut.

The Pittsburgh game, I think, was the brown acid at Woodstock. It was the highest of highs that left Allen craving that rush. They played that game without any respect for the opponent... but for every stupid pick to Levi Wallace there were two deep shots that connected. They blew the Steelers off the field. That seemed to snap Allen back to his "Mr Invincible, I'm the Lizard King, I can do anything" mode.

The problem is, not everyone is Pittsburgh, and premium players like Patrick Peterson and Gardner and Jaire Alexander will make you pay for your arm arrogance a lot more often.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree 100% here. Look at the INT to end the game. Allen had so much time to throw yet he forced it to the middle of the field to a covered receiver guarded by their best CB. 

His only safety valve was Morris who didn't bother looking back for the ball.  Our receivers are just not getting open.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.