NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Wtf, we are literally going to score 3 touchdowns on the second half that all ended on turnovers, I told Dorsey to stop calling the turnover play.

Dorsey and Allen are issues.  More Dorsey at this point.  Don’t call those plays, Josh can’t turn the ball over.  Adjust to how your players are doing is how good coaches win, no one on our staff gets that. 

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Someone needs to get in Josh’s ear in certain spots and say absolutely need at least 3 here and by no means put the ball in harms way. That needs to happen. Idgaf how sensitive people are about this. We have games to win. Save him from himself period 

I think someone made the superb point earlier querying whether Dorsey and Josh are too alike. Do they hype themselves up and egg each other on? Is there a lack of a calming influence which then impacts on the plays being made? Dorsey should have been in Josh's ear for that final play - take what they give you, accept the FG if need be, do not turnover, do not fumble, play it safe. If it did happen, why was it ignored? If it didn't happen, why not?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

fans who don’t care are embarrassing.  I don’t see any fair weather fans here.  Most people who are upset have invested sig time, money (tickets, direct tv, etc) over a span including the drought years and would like to see some fundamentals done competently.   No one here “just” became a fan.  That’s fair weather.  And no one here is no longer a fan.  A fan board is where people go to discuss the team: the good and the bad.  If you just want pro bills stuff visit the team’s website. 

Naw, some are just insufferable with hot takes and knee jerk reactions. Need proof? Refer to the last weeks worth of topics and posts.  Not saying be pro-Bills anything, just stop the sniveling. The team lost, JA tried, Milano tried, they tried and lost…it happens. They aren’t done, in fact there’s another game next week!! Enjoy the ride!

Go Bills!

Edited by WyoAZBillfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

Dorsey and Allen are issues.  More Dorsey at this point.  Don’t call those plays, Josh can’t turn the ball over.  Adjust to how your players are doing is how good coaches win, no one on our staff gets that. 

I don’t get it, there are wide open receivers and JA forces the ball, how is that on Dorsey?

10 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

That's the only situation where I would be ok firing McD. 

He’s not getting fired. Unless there’s some unforeseen off the field behavior situation. He’s earned several benefits of the doubt. But I want him to take over the defense permanently. I also want him to influence some balance on offense. If my name is on the Main Billing here, I’m not going down with another guys philosophy. I’m taking control of the Defensive play calling at minimum. I’m also in Dorseys ear all week telling him start running the ball effectively or I’m finding someone who will. Also get your QB to value the ball or I’ll find someone that will.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Draconator said:

And tell me exactly how many games are left in the season to change that narrative....

I'm not playing the hypothetical game with you.

I'm playing the what has actually happened on the field to this point game with you.

The Bills are 3rd in the Division, with an 0-2 record in it.

For you to sit there and act like our playoff picture outlook hasn't gotten much harder now than it was before the Jet and Minn losses, is simply laughable.

Edited by Billz4ever

Just now, Flucod said:

I don’t get it, there are wide open receivers and JA forces the ball, how is that on Dorsey?

A fair point.  I would argue that Dorsey should not have a QB who is missing open guys and instead throwing at covered guys throw the ballin the endzone (where he has demonstrated issues over the last 2.5 games)  in OT. 

Just now, Steptide said:

Von had some bold words post game. Hoping he knows something we don't 

what were the bold words??

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I think someone made the superb point earlier querying whether Dorsey and Josh are too alike. Do they hype themselves up and egg each other on? Is there a lack of a calming influence which then impacts on the plays being made? Dorsey should have been in Josh's ear for that final play - take what they give you, accept the FG if need be, do not turnover, do not fumble, play it safe. If it did happen, why was it ignored? If it didn't happen, why not?

We’ll I can’t speak on that side of it, but I can see with my own eyes over the last few years there’s no enough balance. That bothered me with Dabol too. Until this team can run the ball effectively with someone of there then  Josh, physical teams are always going to give us fits.

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We’ll I can’t speak on that side of it, but I can see with my own eyes over the last few years there’s no enough balance. That bothered me with Dabol too. Until this team can run the ball effectively with someone of there then  Josh, physical teams are always going to give us fits.

But since the bye we've run the ball quite well. We get a lead, abandon the run in the second half and collapse.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s not getting fired. Unless there’s some unforeseen off the field behavior situation. He’s earned several benefits of the doubt. But I want him to take over the defense permanently. I also want him to influence some balance on offense. If my name is on the Main Billing here, I’m not going down with another guys philosophy. I’m taking control of the Defensive play calling at minimum. I’m also in Dorseys ear all week telling him start running the ball effectively or I’m finding someone who will. Also get your QB to value the ball or I’ll find someone that will.

I can agree with that. Didn't he take over the defense a couple seasons ago when we were struggling?

100% agree on Dorsey, especially given that the run game was WORKING in the first half. I keep seeing the two touches stat for Cook and it makes me sick.  

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah….those were his fault. 

They stopped doing the pin and pull run plays that work in the second half and went back to handing the ball off out of shotgun when the RB has not momentum and the OLine kind of half pass blocks. Those plays suck. 

But then they don't run the ball out of a power I when it's 2nd and 2, or 3rd and 2 or 4th and 2. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, WyoAZBillfan said:

Naw, since are just insufferable with hot takes and knee jerk reactions. Need proof? Refer to the last weeks worth of topics and posts.  Not saying be pro-Bills anything, just stop the sniveling. The team lost, JA tried, Milano tried, they tried and lost…it happens. They aren’t done, in fact there’s another game next week!! Enjoy the ride!

Go Bills!

I’m not seeing a ton of knee jerk reactions here.  I’m seeing people pointing out why we lost in a manner we have lost other games (poor second half playcalling, etc) and discussing how to fix it.  You may not like their suggestions but I would not dismiss them all as knee jerk.  (a few may be..for example trade Allen or something—which 0 people have proposed, but not all).  

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

But since the bye we've run the ball quite well. We get a lead, abandon the run in the second half and collapse.

we abandon all common sense in play-calling on both sides of the ball in the second half. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It's not just the losses, it's the fact that a few weeks ago we were clearly the best team in the league and it was Super Bowl or bust for this team and Allen was looking like the MVP. Now Allen is playing awful and we are losing games we should be winning. Home field advantage is likely gone and we are now going to have a real fight to even win the division. 

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

I can agree with that. Didn't he take over the defense a couple seasons ago when we were struggling?

100% agree on Dorsey, especially given that the run game was WORKING in the first half. I keep seeing the two touches stat for Cook and it makes me sick.  

A little here and there I have seen McDermott take over the headset and instantly we started blitzing and putting heat on the QB. Fraizer has always called Defense like a complete *****

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The team can run effectively.  They just don't call running plays enough.  The play calls, audibles, checks, all favor the passing game.  This needs to change, but the change has to begin with the coaching staff.

Just now, Perry Turtle said:

The team can run effectively.  They just don't call running plays enough.  The play calls, audibles, checks, all favor the passing game.  This needs to change, but the change has to begin with the coaching staff.

No matter what the reasoning, it needs to change. And I have no reason to believe it will

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A little here and there I have seen McDermott take over the headset and instantly we started blitzing and putting heat on the QB. Fraizer has always called Defense like a complete *****

Thought our defensive line had a nice game today when they were allowed to attack. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I’m not seeing a ton of knee jerk reactions here.  I’m seeing people pointing out why we lost in a manner we have lost other games (poor second half playcalling, etc) and discussing how to fix it.  You may not like their suggestions but I would not dismiss them all as knee jerk.  (a few may be..for example trade Allen or something—which 0 people have proposed, but not all).  

we abandon all common sense in play-calling on both sides of the ball in the second half. 

Disagree, offense was in position to increase the lead on all of these games in the second half. The inexcusable turnovers is why we are not putting teams away. It is that simple. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

They stopped doing the pin and pull run plays that work in the second half and went back to handing the ball off out of shotgun when the RB has not momentum and the OLine kind of half pass blocks. Those plays suck. 

But then they don't run the ball out of a power I when it's 2nd and 2, or 3rd and 2 or 4th and 2. 

Dorsey and Kromer have a lot of work to do.  

No one has more work to do than josh

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Flucod said:

Disagree, offense was in position to increase the lead on all of these games in the second half. The inexcusable turnovers is why we are not putting teams away. It is that simple. 

I agree, but the turnovers are a bye-product of bad play-calling having all WR in endzone when JA is having trouble throwing it there.  

In truth just one play would have won us the game out of load of boneheaded errors:

- FG instead of 4th down and pick

- Lewis batting down the ball instead of trying for the interception

- Josh's fumble

- Diggs catching the ball

- Knox catching the ball

- The lack of DPI at the death

- The final pick

If just one of those had happened we'd be talking about a thrilling win right now.

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

I agree, but the turnovers are a bye-product of bad play-calling having all WR in endzone when JA is having trouble throwing it there.  

But was it bad play calling or was it superb play calling? Four WRs in the end zone left Singletary free for an easy completion underneath, which would have given us vital yardage. It was a great piece of design play with awful execution.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, RyanC883 said:

That is not true, there was Singletary wide open underneath and another receiver running an out route of the left side about 10 yards down the field, JA predetermined he was going for TD. That is not coaching during the game, we can argue that he is not being coached during the week on how to manage game situations. But alsmost any QB takes the underneath there, I think he wanted to give Diggs a game winning TD to thumb it in MN face.

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No matter what the reasoning, it needs to change. And I have no reason to believe it will

You're probably right.  I can't wait to watch McDermott roll his nickle defense out next week to try to stop Cleveland's run game.  This coaching doesn't feel the need to adjust their approach from opponent to opponent.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Flucod said:

That is not true, there was Singletary wide open underneath and another receiver running an out route of the left side about 10 yards down the field, JA predetermined he was going for TD. That is not coaching during the game, we can argue that he is not being coached during the week on how to manage game situations. But alsmost any QB takes the underneath there, I think he wanted to give Diggs a game winning TD to thumb it in MN face.

Except wasn't he aiming it at Davis?

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Perry Turtle said:

You're probably right.  I can't wait to watch McDermott roll his nickle defense out next week to try to stop Cleveland's run game.  This coaching doesn't feel the need to adjust their approach from opponent to opponent.

Chubb going to get 300 yards and maybe Yhey don’t even attemp a pass.

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Von had some bold words post game. Hoping he knows something we don't 

Yea, I always appreciate his post games press conferences. If anyone would like to put this game into perspective, I would listen to his post game press. 

I've posted it below. Stats at the 37:20 mark.

• Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, when you look back at Thurmanator you can easily see the difference, a RB that can carry a whole team. Then you have Singletary who is average at everything and should be a backup RB. 

I think Hines is the better blocker, pass catcher, ball security and has that game breaking speed. Once he learns the playbook he needs to be the starter.

Thurman had an OL that had pro bowlers at every position.  Actual hall of fame players.  Which one of OL guys is the best at his position?  Thurman was great no doubt but he had one of the best lines ever assembled for years.

13 minutes ago, Flucod said:

We had sugar Josh today, did anyone notice his demeanor on that last drive? He was way to hyped.

But the thing is, he was just fine until the pick. It's like success makes him overconfident.

I'm really concerned about Allen right now. The way he is playing is the reason I have avoided buying his jersey, for worries of jinxing him lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.