NFL Week 10 - Vikings at Bills post game thread

BuffaloBill

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Can't get over this. Lewis literally pins the ball to Jeffersons hand. 

If lewis just stops and watches the play unfold Jefferson just drops it. He didn't even have to do anything. 

What a ***** moron. 

“Just knock it down!” .. needs to be on a plaque over the Bills tunnel... every defensive player should slap it and say... knock it down.. every time they run onto the field.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Dan said:

“Just knock it down!” .. needs to be on a plaque over the Bills tunnel... every defensive player should slap it and say... knock it down.. every time they run onto the field.  

Lewis had a forgettable game, IMO. In addition to that play he took a horrific angle on Cook's TD run. That should not have gone the distance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Motor is good, but when you really really REALLY need to count on your ground attack?  He’s not good enough. 

We don't really really need a ground attack, that's not the point of why we need to run.  We need to run to keep balance so the defense isn't just meeting in the backfield at the QB every play.  We need to run to keep the clock moving and to minimize how many times our QB gets hit.  If we need points I'm all about throwing it all over the field but in a number of games we are up and our throw it all over the field play is stopping the clock and creating turniovers and our Qb is getting hit.  Furthermore the problem in any part of the running attack is not Motor and if Cook was in there I doubt it would be Cook.  Our run play selection (especially in the second half) sucks and our blocking not great either.

21 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

I'm not playing the hypothetical game with you.

I'm playing the what has actually happened on the field to this point game with you.

The Bills are 3rd in the Division, with an 0-2 record in it.

For you to sit there and act like our playoff picture outlook hasn't gotten much harder now than it was before the Jet and Minn losses, is simply laughable.

You want to talk laughable? I've seen your high school senior photo

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

We’ll I can’t speak on that side of it, but I can see with my own eyes over the last few years there’s no enough balance. That bothered me with Dabol too. Until this team can run the ball effectively with someone of there then  Josh, physical teams are always going to give us fits.

I thought he looked great the last 2 drives. Moved the team 65 yards in a minute for the tying field goal (and could have had a winning drive if there were a couple of more seconds left after the PI call) and looked in control on the last drive until the ill-advised pass.  Bad decisions, bad execution but not sugar high Josh

19 minutes ago, Process said:

Can't get over this. Lewis literally pins the ball to Jeffersons hand. 

If lewis just stops and watches the play unfold Jefferson just drops it. He didn't even have to do anything. 

What a ***** moron. 

well he is a practice squad CB playing safety.  If we love marlowe so much, why's he not playing??

• Thank you (+1) 2

Allen sounds so miserable and defeated in his presser. 

Just now, bigK14094 said:

At least the bills are as bad as the  Sabres.  gonna be playing before empty arena downtown at this rate.  Feels like last decade again.

Fine with me, I like cheap Sabres tickets lol

Just now, Maine-iac said:

We are missing Hyde, Poyer, and Edmunds so essentially 2 free safeties and the worlds biggest strong safety.  If it weren't for Hamlin we'd probably be giving up 50 points a game.

Yeah, a back four of Jackson, Hamlin, Lewis and Benford is brutal. Then add no pass rush...

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Dorsey is showing how green he is.  I would suggest to bring in a former OC (Frank) to help him with the game plans and play calls.  Whatever adjustments he has done, at halftime, in the past three games has done squat.   He abandons the run too quickly.  Singletary had a solid day.   When a head burn some clock.  The short pass game disappeared.  This team has the talent to score in the 30s.  The defense has crashed to earth.   Frazier should be gone after this season.   I have seen his defenses come up short in pressure situations.  

I feel like this is when the HC should intervene. Give his input on game time situations

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

I wish people would stop using injuries as an excuse. They will never be as healthy as they were last year and every single team has them. Just stop it already with the excuses. This team is mentally weak from top to bottom

At least on offense. Maybe the defense has had some injuries, but what's the offense's excuse?

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

He’s not getting fired. Unless there’s some unforeseen off the field behavior situation. He’s earned several benefits of the doubt. But I want him to take over the defense permanently. I also want him to influence some balance on offense. If my name is on the Main Billing here, I’m not going down with another guys philosophy. I’m taking control of the Defensive play calling at minimum. I’m also in Dorseys ear all week telling him start running the ball effectively or I’m finding someone who will. Also get your QB to value the ball or I’ll find someone that will.

There you go.  Yep.  

1 minute ago, IronyAbounds said:

Something this team has become adept at doing recently.

They are reading and hearing the noise from the media, Power rankings, SB talk, ect, Meanwhile KC just rolling along , Josh is not handling the fame and praise well, The picks are a big problem, The I can do anything throws are killing us, this team has no killer or put team away , Secondary is a mess Lewis and Johnson have no business being out there, Our DB's never ever look back for the ball. Wildcard at best me think

• Agree 1

Just now, vincec said:

At least on offense. Maybe the defense has had some injuries, but what's the offense's excuse?

It's not an excuse but an observation: when something is working, they move away from it, and when the chips are down then it's a crapshoot.  The first half of the game was pretty balanced football; then what happened?

10 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

To be honest, I've been pretty unimpressed with Miller for a while now. Hasn't had the impact I expected a player of his talent to have, particularly lately.

Do you even watch the games or just come on here afterwards to complain?.  Miller had his normal 2 high impact plays today, per usual, including a crucial sack. Last week he had a strip sack/recovered fumble that could have turned the game around.  8 sacks in 9 games (which equates to over 15 sacks in a 17 game season).  Not sure what more you want from him. Please do elaborate......

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

No matter what the reasoning, it needs to change. And I have no reason to believe it will

I liked it when we were mixing personnel up a bit more using our TEs and running early this season.

Seems like we used more 12 personnel with Morris and Gilliam early this season when Knox was injured and have not used it much at all since he came back.

Allen is back to getting tunnel vision looking past the sticks and needs to work on more quick passes underneath before committing to uncorking low percentage passes deep.

Dorsey rarely let's the running game get going except in the first half where we scored.

Then it was 1st down... predictable run...stuffed... then go empty...something stupid.... 3rd and long.

Rinse and repeat till they either failed to convert, punted, or turned it over.

Our 2nd half droughts start with Dorsey's poor play calling and failing to make good adjustments, and ends with poor execution and turnovers.

There is a lot of work to do and the coaching staff has to help Dorsey game plan better.

A game plan where Allen has to lean on the run and quicker throws to get out of this funk of errant passes and turnovers would be a good start.

We gave up far too many 3rd and longs today on D, but I felt they still gave the offense plenty of chances to win that game.

Going for a pick on 4th down is a der-t-der play that a young DB or safety usually makes just once and then knows enough to knock it down.

Costly lesson to learn as that was a key play too.

Miller basically ended the game.   Then our PS Safety, who’s out there because our other backup is terrible, gave up 1% probability catch to Jefferson. 

Anyone criticizing Von, yea… no. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.