Josh defends Zach Wilson

WhoTom

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-josh-allen-defends-zach-wilson-amid-jets-qb-struggles-week-9

Snip:

"But guys got to go out there and play football, man. We can't think about making mistakes because that's ultimately when you do make mistakes. You just got to go out there and ball."

In other words, "Feel free to go out there and chuck it against our defense!" 😉

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, scuba guy said:

Well good on Josh

But Zach should have thrown both of the late picks against the cheats out of boands not into traffic with a noodle arm.

Just saying 

Josh had a similar pick in the last game.  He said as much.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, WhoTom said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/bills-josh-allen-defends-zach-wilson-amid-jets-qb-struggles-week-9

Snip:

In other words, "Feel free to go out there and chuck it against our defense!" 😉

He may have no choice but to if they get behind early. And tht's exactly what I hope to see. 

But you can best believe Jets will stick to the run game as long as possible

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, scuba guy said:

Well good on Josh

But Zach should have thrown both of the late picks against the cheats out of boands not into traffic with a noodle arm.

Just saying 

Zach does not have a noodle arm. He has plenty of flaws Zach Wilson but his arm is fine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

The ONLY poke in the eye thing I've ever heard Josh say was a couple of years ago when he told the New York City sportswriters covering the two New Jersey teams, that there's only one football team in New York.  And it's not either of those two.  (BTW with the election coming up, this won't happen, but I'd love it if New York governor Hochul offered a bet on the game to the New Jersey governor.  Maybe some time in the future, when she's on her last year in office.)

I have NEVER heard Josh say anything negative about any other person, whether a player or someone else.  I think it boils down to the fact that he's a genuinely nice guy.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

13 minutes ago, eball said:

Josh is just a good dude, and QBs in the NFL have a brotherhood regardless of their success or lack thereof.

I can imagine Josh also having an affinity for a kid like Zach who is running around there throwing balls he should never throw. He isn't a Josh Allen talent, but in a sense they are kindred spirits. I see Josh as a guy who has more sympathy for that than a guy who is holding the ball forever and scared to take a chance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Allen smirked before adding:

"I don't want to give him too much advice before we play him. Maybe next week we can have a longer talk. But guys got to go out there and play football, man. We can't think about making mistakes because that's ultimately when you do make mistakes. You just got to go out there and ball."

Better for Josh to talk to him after 2nd game of season.  He could even invite him as guest to playoff game.

9 minutes ago, Utah John said:

have NEVER heard Josh say anything negative about any other person, whether a player or someone else.  I think it boils down to the fact that he's a genuinely nice guy

I agree, he also is VERY professional with his words. He's what every team hopes for in every aspect top to bottom in a franchise QB

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Zach does not have a noodle arm. He has plenty of flaws Zach Wilson but his arm is fine.

Have you seen his Haiku?  Awful. 

Edited by Irv
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

Did Zach post it in the "Miami haiku thread"?  If not, I missed it.

Yes - unreadable.  The guy's a mess.  His was 3-7-4

Edited by Irv
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Utah John said:

m(BTW with the election coming up, this won't happen, but I'd love it if New York governor Hochul offered a bet on the game to the New Jersey governor.  Maybe some time in the future, when she's on her last year in office.)

Dun dun dunnnnn…

Edited by RiotAct
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

Both of Josh's INT's were horrible last week.

Well the 2nd where Josh was trying to throw in the dirt was just a plan out damn good play by the defender. While Josh has said he made couple stupid plays, that INT in particular he was throwing away to the ground and thought it was going to be a safe incompletion. Dude made n amazing play for sure.

Josh learned to no longer dirt incompletions from now on and sling it out of bounds instead.

2 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Well the 2nd where Josh was trying to throw in the dirt was just a plan out damn good play by the defender. While Josh has said he made couple stupid plays, that INT in particular he was throwing away to the ground and thought it was going to be a safe incompletion. Dude made n amazing play for sure.

Josh learned to no longer dirt incompletions from now on and sling it out of bounds instead.

Why not fire it out of bounds?  Josh certainly has the talent to do that.  Throwing it into the ground in play - can result in disaster obviously...

• Dislike 1

42 minutes ago, Success said:

Unpopular opinion - but I think Wilson has had more "wow" plays than any QB in that class.

With him, it's just cutting down the mistakes.  Whether he can do that remains to be seen - but the skill is there to be a very good QB.

I completely agree. If I'm a Jets fan (wow, that's a disturbing thought), I'm still happy we got Wilson. He has the athleticism/arm to make that leap.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

It's funny how these sites can draw up articles and fill content from such mild comments.

I suppose the articles about players dissing each other get more clicks, but I'm glad they highlight some of the good sportsmanship in the league, too. 

2 hours ago, Success said:

Unpopular opinion - but I think Wilson has had more "wow" plays than any QB in that class.

With him, it's just cutting down the mistakes.  Whether he can do that remains to be seen - but the skill is there to be a very good QB.

I agree that his skill set is excellent, his decision making and pocket awareness is horrendously bad. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Josh is a class act, plain and simple. While I think he talks trash with the best, he’s smart enough not to let that be material to be used against the team, fueling the opponent. Heck maybe it’s no class at all and reverse psychology. 🤷🏼‍♂️ ZW probably looks in the mirror and says “ gosh darn it, people like me…JOSH likes me!!”.

10 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

Why not fire it out of bounds?  Josh certainly has the talent to do that.  Throwing it into the ground in play - can result in disaster obviously...

Did you watch the play? He’s trying to hit GD in the middle of the field and he was covered. His decision to dirt the ball was correct, he just didn’t execute. He’s human. Immediately post game he said I made a mistake and will learn from it. He takes ownership and will move on a bit humbled. I think he’s his own toughest critic. I expect he’s going to bounce back with a strong game vs the Jets.

16 hours ago, scuba guy said:

Well good on Josh

Just saying 

If you watched the game, the Patriots could not move the ball on the Jets defense. They are no joke. The Bills better be ready because the jets are going to be ready. This is like their Superbowl. Wilson won't be throwing them the ball like he did with the Pats. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

If you watched the game, the Patriots could not move the ball on the Jets defense. They are no joke. The Bills better be ready because the jets are going to be ready. This is like their Superbowl. Wilson won't be throwing them the ball like he did with the Pats. 

Jets D worries me a little bit, but if you think Wilson isn’t going to hero ball it when Miller and Groot are chasing him…

5 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Did you watch the play? He’s trying to hit GD in the middle of the field and he was covered. His decision to dirt the ball was correct, he just didn’t execute. He’s human. Immediately post game he said I made a mistake and will learn from it. He takes ownership and will move on a bit humbled. I think he’s his own toughest critic. I expect he’s going to bounce back with a strong game vs the Jets.

No. I didn't watch the play.  I blindly comment on things I didn't see.  The guy is covered so why throw it toward him in play?  Sideline the ball where the chance of an interception is zero.

Edited by Azucho98

19 hours ago, eball said:

Josh is just a good dude, and QBs in the NFL have a brotherhood regardless of their success or lack thereof.

Josh is the VOICE of the NFL- like Paddy Mahomes. He is not throwing anybody under the bus publicly, not only for the weekly bulletin board, but because HE is football promo man!

Like Gretzky, MJ, etc., he is not simply doing post game interviews for the Bills and himself; rather he is a promoter of his employer- the trillion $ NFL.

To me, it is astonishing how quickly and how well trained he has become at doing that!

28 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

No. I didn't watch the play.  I blindly comment on things I didn't see.  The guy is covered so why throw it toward him in play?  Sideline the ball where the chance of an interception is zero.

Easy for you, are any on of us, to say from the sofa. I’m guessing it was less than a split second decision on Josh’s part. Nobody questions it when a QB bails out on a covered up screen pass by dirting the ball into a traffic jamb of players. I’m guessing Josh thought he could do the same in this particular  circumstance in one simple harmless motion, as opposed to pivoting to throw it out of bounds. He won’t make that mistake again….we all hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Azucho98 said:

15 hours ago, Airseven said:

It's funny how these sites can draw up articles and fill content from such mild comments. Letting go of apprehension is good advice. Allen knows a lot about that and a lot about turnovers too.

32 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

There aren’t enough “rolling eyes” emojis to fully capture the essence of these posts…

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.