NFL Week 7 - Around the NFL - Gameday thread (Bills have bye)

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Thats what I thought when the Bills faced the Giants in Tampa in SB25. They play that game 9 more times and it ends in a Bills blow out, but of course everything went sideways in that game including that last kick.

The Giants literally executed the only game plan that could have beat the Bills, and it needed to be executed perfectly. Lightning in a bottle for them. 

• Agree 1

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Can’t believe how many picked the 49ers in this game. Only one team can beat the Chiefs when they are in a rhythm and that team played them last week. 

In terms of points scored, the 49ers are only one off us from last week.

Mike Williams of the Chargers now injured with a leg injury.

5 minutes ago, MRW said:

Herbert may have size and arm strength, but comparisons to Allen beyond that look more ridiculous with each passing week.

Yep. He doesn't seem to read defenses with anticipation, and he's nowhere near as athletic. Herbert is multiple levels below Allen

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Chargers have to be one of the biggest dissapoinments this year

They were starting to look good with Anthony Lynn and then Mr. Analytics came in.  Not saying they should have kept Lynn but this coach ain’t it 

1 minute ago, Perry Turtle said:

This year and every year.  They're chronic under achievers. 

Yeah...that's what happens when you pay a dude $82 million to play in a scheme that doesn't fit his skills and have to bench him 5 weeks into the season.

6 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Jets are decent but sometime it’s not who you play, but when you play them that matters. Green Bay became derailed in London and Denver is just woeful offensively.  Jets got them both at a great time. Hopefully the Bills can capitalize on GB as well.

They also played 4 backup QBs already this year which accounted for 4 of their wins.

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Certainly makes the Bills win last week look even better...

They are the two best teams and its not really close for third..

Philly is very good too.  They are strong in the trenches on both sides of the ball, have excellent offensive weapons, and Hurts might be the third best QB in the league.  (I can’t believe just typed that.). Bills-Eagles would be a good SB matchup.

12 minutes ago, MRW said:

Herbert may have size and arm strength, but comparisons to Allen beyond that look more ridiculous with each passing week.

I agree. Size wise and arm strength are similar, but he just doesn't have "it". He can’t put the team on his back and will them to victory like Allen. And his team doesn't have the same belief that he can, like this team does with Allen.

Team mates are always saying that they see how much Allen does and the way he puts his body on the line for them. They almost always say afterwards that they see what he’s doing and there's no way they're not going to come through for him. He lifts everyone's level of play of the field. As the saying goes, he was born to be a leader.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Shake_My_Head said:

Oh well.   This was the last tough game on the Chiefs schedule, they should be favorites the rest of the way.    The Bills will

have to stay healthy and take care of business each week.

their divisional games should be tough, like in vegas, but otherwise yep

Just now, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I agree. Size wise and arm strength are similar, but he just doesn't have "it". He can’t put the team on his back and will them to victory like Allen. And his team doesn't have the same belief that he can, like this team does with Allen.

Team mates are always saying that they see how much Allen does and the way he puts his body on the line for them. They almost always say afterwards that they see what he’sdoing and there's no way they're going to going to come through for him. He lifts everyone's level of play of the field. As the saying goes, he was born to be a leader.

And maybe that's it.  Herbert got damaged early in season, and in ways that (god willing) Allen never does.  Plus I have *zero* hope that the Chargers will ever win a SB, and I'm fine with that.

16 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

And maybe that's it.  Herbert got damaged early in season, and in ways that (god willing) Allen never does.  Plus I have *zero* hope that the Chargers will ever win a SB, and I'm fine with that.

He just doesn't win enough. He's about to go 38-32 in his career. Just over. 500, if Allen's record was that in his first 70 games he would've been getting crushed by the media talking heads. Actually he still got crushed, while winning, yet very little on Herbert.

EDIT: Don't know what I was looking at, he's now 19-20 through 39 games. He's actually below .500, so even worse than what I stated above.😳

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.