Week 8: SNF Packers at Bills (-10.5) 10/30 8:20pm

Process

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It's irrelevant, the Bills are simply far better than the Packers are, and Josh Allen on PrimeTime is usually otherworldly

Is that the game that Mario Williams destroyed them and Aaron Rodgers looked God Awful?  And Jordy Nelson dropped a wide open long TD? Also...the Baccari Rambo game with 2 INTs...

I agree with this message 1000%

The Packers might right the ship sometime this season, but I can't see them fixing the number of issues their having In 1 game and 1 preparation week. That last game was just horrible for them. O-line was swiss cheese, receivers couldn't catch, and their D looked flat footed and out of position for most of the day. 

9 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can’t believe the Packers are this bad. If they are smart (which they might not be), they try to hammer us with the run and take play action shots.  But their wrs struggle to get separation and their defense has been disappointing. 

if the Bills get a lead early, I can see A A Ron screaming at his teammates and going into a shell.

I hope they do. 

We are stellar up front. I don’t see any team being able to consistently hurt us on the ground. Anytime you want to take the ball out of Rodgers hands, and avoid any bogus downfield flags, I’m all for it. 

The Bills are currently #1 overall in rush yards allowed per game (76.2). They also have seen on average the fewest rush attempts per game. They are #2 overall at yards per carry (3.5 ypc). 

Teams are not trying to run on the bills. And when they do, it doesn’t work. 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

Get yourself a bottle of Glengooly Blue Label, do a shot at 0:00 and bring the rest to the parade, I'll find you :)

Sounds good brother.

I’m not going to speculate anymore as it’s too enticing.  I may be in that parade if happens.  You all better be ther so I can hug you guys and buy 100 shots.  Not even close to my thing, but for that moment, happy to be silly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Maybe they are bad, but we are going to get the best of every team we play. Everyone wants to beat the Bills more than any of their other opponents, because they know the respect that will come from such a big win.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah, they're given the week off with the bye.

What we as fans hope for during the bye:

1. Players heal up, recharge and come back ready to complete the season
  2. Zero arrests/scandals. That's why after the Chiefs game, Josh said "free week this week, be smart, be safe, team above everything."
  • Agree 2

The line is just trying to get equal bets on both sides of the equation. In this case, -8.5 brings about a point of stasis. Bookies make their money on transaction costs.

The line has zero, zilch, zip, nada about what those in the know expect who to win and by how much.

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Sry for a stupid question, but Bills are completely off this week? No practices?

Yes. Per the CBA they cannot have any team activities and the players are free to do whatever they want.

13 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I’m hearing Cobb will probably be out for the Bills game

I think he went on IR so he definitely is out

4 minutes ago, boater said:

The line is just trying to get equal bets on both sides of the equation. In this case, -8.5 brings about a point of stasis. Bookies make their money on transaction costs.

The line has zero, zilch, zip, nada about what those in the know expect who to win and by how much.

Sure it does...otherwise they would just start all the games at 0 and let the markets settle it for them.

33 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Aaron Rodgers is gonna fold up like a cheap suit against our Defense at home in Primetime.  He’ll be moaning and pissing the whole time, and blame the organization afterward for leaving him with no weapons.  

He has never won at OP so let's keep that streak active.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Sure it does...otherwise they would just start all the games at 0 and let the markets settle it for them.

Well that's an interesting take. As a Capitalist, I have some affinity for letting the free market do it's thing.

Conversely, as a Marketer I can see the value of throwing a starting number out there to salivate the degenerate gamblers.

I still think as time progresses, the line becomes more about achieving an equilibrium in bets... not who will actually wins.

10 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Now it looks like some trailer park in Ransomville...

Hey hey... I just Zillowed Ransomville. It looks like a very respectable town.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, boater said:

Well that's an interesting take. As a Capitalist, I have some affinity for letting the free market do it's thing.

Conversely, as a Marketer I can see the value of throwing a starting number out there to salivate the degenerate gamblers.

I still think as time progresses, the line becomes more about achieving an equilibrium in bets... not who will actually wins.

Hey hey... I just Zillowed Ransomville. It looks like a very respectable town.

I agree that's the case, but there has to be SOME semblance of who they think will win because if they are giving a team -8.5 points it's a pretty clear indication they feel that's a stronger team that people are going to be willing to bet on even if they are giving up that number of points...

On 10/19/2022 at 4:42 AM, JoPoy88 said:

citing power rankings now? As actual facts even. Thank you for playing. 

Yeah, the # 5 ranked Giants are underdogs against the Jaguars this Sunday. That tells you everything you need to know about silly power rankings.

• Agree 1

On 10/20/2022 at 10:21 AM, Greg S said:

GB already posted their week 8 uniform look against the Bills. It would be nice if the Bills go with their blue over white look as it is the primary home uniform. 

2022_GB_A.png

4 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

We better not be all blue…😉

They're playing great in their all-blues. Their only loss is when wearing blue over white.

The science says stick with the all-blues.

willem dafoe scientist GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I agree that's the case, but there has to be SOME semblance of who they think will win because if they are giving a team -8.5 points it's a pretty clear indication they feel that's a stronger team that people are going to be willing to bet on even if they are giving up that number of points...

But the house is not trying to bet on either team they are doing this strictly to get even bets on both sides. that's what the other poster was saying.

7 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He has never won at OP so let's keep that streak active.

Haha not sure how serious you are but "never won" and "streak" are quite a funny way to describe his history at OP.

He played grand total of ONE game in Buffalo in his career 8 years ago.

On the other hand, Bills have never lost to Packers at home, winning all 6 games. Let that streak continue.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Toughest matchups against GB appear to be OLB/Edge Rashaan Gary, who is their best player so far with 6 sacks, and will give Dawkins and probably a tight end or FB all they can handle. Gary has 11 sacks in his last 10 games, and is still on his first round rookie contract, so will be looking for Von type money in the near term; and their NT Kenny Clark against our guards, although Morse may help with this, may put a lot of pressure on the center of our O line.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Yes. Per the CBA they cannot have any team activities and the players are free to do whatever they want.

Josh said on Kyle Brandt's show that McD gave them the whole week off and that he didn't have to do that and that's respect/love from McD.

A half-ass internet search showed that they can practice M-W, but not sure if thats old...

If thats correct, anyone remember the past few years Bye week schedule and whether they practiced??

Edited by Nineforty
Add question

51 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Josh said on Kyle Brandt's show that McD gave them the whole week off and that he didn't have to do that and that's respect/love from McD.

A half-ass internet search showed that they can practice M-W, but not sure if thats old...

If thats correct, anyone remember the past few years Bye week schedule and whether they practiced??

I believe they can practice. Not sure if it was during McDs time ,but I recall a couple practices and then reports that the players set off on their various travels for the bye week. 

1 hour ago, Nineforty said:

I've never heard of a team forcing players to practice at the bye...sounds like a good way to lose the locker room

I believe they have the option to practice Mon-Wed but they have to have the rest of the week off.  Most teams probably let their players rest up and get treatment if needed.  Also a good time for coaching staff to self reflect and make changes.  I think rest is more important than a couple extra days of practice.

24 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I've never heard of a team forcing players to practice at the bye...sounds like a good way to lose the locker room

The bye week is normally Mon afternoon - Sunday I think?

Teams get together Monday for treatment/light workout, team meetings; Tues treatment/light workout but otherwise off, then practice Weds.  I don't think it's unusual for teams to want players to come close to the normal weekly schedule after the bye and not be flying in on Monday or Tuesday before Weds practice and needing to get their act together on the home front.

And of course the trainers want to assess the healing progress of injuries over the bye and inform the coaches who will be up for practice on Weds and who will need to be held out.

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, Nineforty said:

I think the last couple years we've been kind of screwed with the bye. 

Last year we had Monday Night Football as an "away" game before our bye week, so Tues would have been training room/meetings and Weds probably more treatment before the team got to go out of town.

I guess 2020 was relatively "normal" in that we just had a Sun afternoon game out in AZ, but of course it wasn't "normal" in terms of travel.

Josh was enthusing on KB's basement about all the restaurants he planned to visit and all the family meals he had queued up, so I hope he doesn't waddle into the building.

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, DrDare said:

But the house is not trying to bet on either team they are doing this strictly to get even bets on both sides. that's what the other poster was saying.

That's often true but for the books like Circa and Fanduel that hire a lot of analytics talent, they will often have opinions and back them.  Afterall, it's fairly easy to collect customer data (especially for the online books), and if you show that almost all your sharps are backing one side and the public is on the other side ("Pros vs Joes" scenario), why not bet with the sharps?

Packers Watch

Watkins active.

Cobb on IR, so he'll miss our game as well then a minimum of 2 more

Cobb is 4th on the Packers for targets and receptions, but 2nd for yards and tied at 14.3 for Y/R so he may be the closest thing the Packers have had to a deep(ish) threat.

I'm sure Watkins would love to get in "Game Shape" and work the  Bills next week but  time will tell.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

The bye week is normally Mon afternoon - Sunday I think?

Teams get together Monday for treatment/light workout, team meetings; Tues treatment/light workout but otherwise off, then practice Weds.  I don't think it's unusual for teams to want players to come close to the normal weekly schedule after the bye and not be flying in on Monday or Tuesday before Weds practice and needing to get their act together on the home front.

And of course the trainers want to assess the healing progress of injuries over the bye and inform the coaches who will be up for practice on Weds and who will need to be held out.

Yeah I am talking about after the last game heading into the bye not the week of the game...I know they had film reviee Monday and then were heading to wherever 

58 minutes ago, harryS said:

That's often true but for the books like Circa and Fanduel that hire a lot of analytics talent, they will often have opinions and back them.  Afterall, it's fairly easy to collect customer data (especially for the online books), and if you show that almost all your sharps are backing one side and the public is on the other side ("Pros vs Joes" scenario), why not bet with the sharps?

why would a shareholder allow employees of their company to start sportsbetting instead of just making massive rake steadily.

This also opens up a security of funds risk for all the customers as the book could potentially go broke and not be able to payout their customers. yikes. probably doesn't happen intentionally very much. unintentionally if a big bet/bets comes in fast on one side, sure.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Packers Watch

Watkins active.

Cobb on IR, so he'll miss our game as well then a minimum of 2 more

Cobb is 4th on the Packers for targets and receptions, but 2nd for yards and tied at 14.3 for Y/R so he may be the closest thing the Packers have had to a deep(ish) threat.

I'm sure Watkins would love to get in "Game Shape" and work the  Bills next week but  time will tell.

He might be afraid to come back...there are real life demons here apparently that tortured him. That dude needs to be seeing a shrink.

Edited by Big Turk

7 hours ago, BearNorth said:

Toughest matchups against GB appear to be OLB/Edge Rashaan Gary, who is their best player so far with 6 sacks, and will give Dawkins and probably a tight end or FB all they can handle. Gary has 11 sacks in his last 10 games, and is still on his first round rookie contract, so will be looking for Von type money in the near term; and their NT Kenny Clark against our guards, although Morse may help with this, may put a lot of pressure on the center of our O line.

Gary is usually matched up against right tackles. They move their best rushers around though. One alignment puts P Smith between RG & RT, Gary wide 9, and Clark inside shoulder of the LT with Reed at NT and a LBer closely stacked over Clark. All their Dlinemen are 6’3” and 300+ and they move them based on down and distance. Lowry in particular is one to keep an eye on as he’s an underrated player who can tip passes and exploit one on one’s. They take advantage of this by putting Gary outside him to force a double team or chip so Lowry can bull rush weaker guards. On the other side they like to run stunts with Clark and Brown. Unfortunately (for GB) the secondary hasn’t held up long enough for coverage sacks, and all the stunts and positionless DL alignments have been exploited by opposing rushing attacks. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.