Sideline TEMPERATURE Dolphins v Vikings

DallasBillsFan1

This really needs to be addressed. Let the players play on the field on equal footing but the "you cant have tent shade because we dont use tents on our shaded side" is absolutely absurd. 

1 minute ago, Bandito said:

HA! And the Vikings won despite this. @Augie

Bills have only themselves to blame for losing in Miami

It isnt about winning or losing, its just unnecessary.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Dopey said:

What a huge win at home for the dolphins in the extreme heat vs a cold weather team!

Oh wait, the Vikings won!?!? Bills fans say it ain’t so. 

Its not about winning or losing. The bills very nearly won too. Its just a stupid idea to have one shaded sideline and one not, and then say you cant have tents or any shade because we don't use it. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm all for natural weather advantages, but the Dolphins stuff is getting to be over the top.

It is legitimately unsafe for athletes playing as hard as NFL players do to be sitting in 120-130 degree heat with full pads on.

At some point, someone's gonna die or have a serious medical episode due to the heat. It's beyond a fun little weather advantage at this point. It's dangerous.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bandito said:

Everyone was on here clamoring about this exact thing when the Bills lost in Miami. The Vikings faced practically the same temperature circumstance and won. Don't make excuses. Life isn't fair. 

Did you even read what I wrote? I dont care that we lost, we will smash them in December.

The point is it is a stupid advantage that does not rely on players being conditioned better but that one side gets shade and the other one doesnt.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bandito said:

Everyone was on here clamoring about this exact thing when the Bills lost in Miami. The Vikings faced practically the same temperature circumstance and won. Don't make excuses. Life isn't fair. 

Neither is death.  The Vikings had a player die in practice due to heat.  The league might have a teenie tiny issue if that happens in a game because a team wants an edge.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

What a huge win at home for the dolphins in the extreme heat vs a cold weather team!

Oh wait, the Vikings won!?!? Bills fans say it ain’t so. 

Dopey, NFL rules mandate if one side got heaters or for the matter coolers/fans, other side gets equal access to same  but they positioned the field in Miami so the Dolphins get natural shade and the visitors dont.

Every game in Miami in Sept and October should start at 4 if not a night game.

• Like (+1) 8

3 minutes ago, Bandito said:

LOL And? Excuses.

did they also play them on a short week, with their back up secondary? and did we get to play against their backup QB, who didn't practice with the team all week?

but no clearly it was all the same.

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Edited by Warcodered
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

You are an excuse machine. Time to move on from that loss. Bills lost fair and square. The Vikings pulled off the impossible! Beating the Dolphins in Miami while it is hot out!

Impossible, the Bills are 7-1 against the Dolphins in the last 8 games. Were there a lot of things that made that game a lot harder for us sure, we still almost ***** won.

Ok? And the Bills have the snow to their advantage. Everyone has home field advantage in some way shape or form.

No. The equivalent comparison would be that the Bills have an enclosed sideline that is somehow naturally heated, while the Dolphins sit exposed to the freezing temperatures and snow and the Bills say sorry you cant use heated benches or giant heaters because we don't.

Its just a dumb advantage that is going to get someone hurt. Players should have adequate respite on the sideline.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5

Everyone on this forum complained about the temperature being the main reason for the Bills losing. The Vikings beat MIA playing in the same circumstances. Do you not see the hypocrisy? 

Did you read what I wrote.

They were NOT playing tin the same circumstances.  One team has natural shade and 30 degree difference whereas the other team doesn't.  Why is that so hard to understand.

6 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Big difference between cloud and sun.  Oh and no Tua

It was 123F on the Viking sideline in the 2nd half. It's fully sunny outside my window right now, even though it's 48F. 

One poses a player safety risk, the other has the sun out. 

10 minutes ago, Bandito said:

LOL And? Excuses.

What are you trying to say? That Miami is a better team than the Bills? That the Vikings are? The season is going great and your being sarcastic about the one, flukey loss, why? Don’t you have anything better to do?

9 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Ok? And the Bills have the snow to their advantage. Everyone has home field advantage in some way shape or form.

Is the snow 30 degrees colder on the opponent’s side of the field?

give your trolling crap a break

• Agree 2

14 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Everyone was on here clamoring about this exact thing when the Bills lost in Miami. The Vikings faced practically the same temperature circumstance and won. Don't make excuses. Life isn't fair. @Warcodered

We had a "cold" front sweep through here so the dew point was much lower for the Vikings game.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Everyone on this forum complained about the temperature being the main reason for the Bills losing. The Vikings beat MIA playing in the same circumstances. Do you not see the hypocrisy? 

The temperature was reason for the struggles in Miami. Not the sole reason. Other reasons include making elementary mistakes (The Vikings also suffered from this), coming off a short week (not an issue for the Vikings) and missing an extraordinary number of players in the secondary (not an issue for The Vikings). And yet they still only beat us by one score.

The underlying problem is heat stroke is a serious condition but it’s just being written off as “home field advantage”.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Sometimes you are wrong.  Well most of the time but we wont bring that up. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Bandito said:

Are you really that slow that you don't realize both teams have to play in the snow? Completely different circumstance than having one team deal with 30 degree higher temperatures than the other team. 

22 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

Its not about winning or losing. The bills very nearly won too. Its just a stupid idea to have one shaded sideline and one not, and then say you cant have tents or any shade because we don't use it. 

The Miami coaches and players had no influence on the stadium being configured that way.  I railed against this after the Bills played there, but you can’t really blame those that decided to set it up this way, with the home team in the shade. Baseball teams do this also with the placement of the dugouts, although those players have some cover and they can sit.

As you mentioned, the real issue is player safety being disregarded with respect to protection from the elements, in this case being the heat and humidity.  Nobody should be forced to endure 120 degree temps without some protection.

24 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

No. The equivalent comparison would be that the Bills have an enclosed sideline that is somehow naturally heated, while the Dolphins sit exposed to the freezing temperatures and snow and the Bills say sorry you cant use heated benches or giant heaters because we don't.

Its just a dumb advantage that is going to get someone hurt. Players should have adequate respite on the sideline.

The Pegulas should use their fracking experience to find a geothermal vent to build the new stadium in an orientation that it naturally heats the Bills' sideline in the sub-zero winter.  Watch the Fish fans hypocrites lose their crap about the "unfair advantage".

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Haha (+1) 2

Do we actually know for sure that that temperature reading is accurate?  I don't know that human beings -- even NFL athletes -- are capable of doing anything in 120 degree weather.  I have five marathons under my belt (none terribly recent -- I'm past my racing days) and I wouldn't bother going out for even a short run in those conditions.  Neither would any other serious runner.  

My money is on "broken thermometer."

• Agree 1

Just now, 1ManRaid said:

The Pegulas should use their fracking experience to find a geothermal vent to build the new stadium in an orientation that it naturally heats the Bills' sideline.  Watch the Fish fans lose their crap about the "unfair advantage".

100% for this for as long as the Dolphins practice this nonsense.

2 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

The Miami coaches and players had no influence on the stadium being configured that way.  I railed against this after the Bills played there, but you can’t really blame those that decided to set it up this way, with the home team in the shade. Baseball teams do this also with the placement of the dugouts, although those players have some cover and they can sit.

As you mentioned, the real issue is player safety being disregarded with respect to protection from the elements, in this case being the heat and humidity.  Nobody should be forced to endure 120 degree temps without some protection.

They actually do. As far as I know they can decline visitor sideline from using tents, misting benches etc even if they bring their own, so long as their side don't use them. It just so happens they don't have to use them because their side is shaded and 30 degrees cooler.

They did decline the Bills from utilizing them when we played.

27 minutes ago, Bandito said:

You are an excuse machine. Time to move on from that loss. Bills lost fair and square. The Vikings pulled off the impossible! Beating the Dolphins in Miami while it is hot out!

This is what it looks like when you have no response to a valid argument

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Dopey, NFL rules mandate if one side got heaters or for the matter coolers/fans, other side gets equal access to same  but they positioned the field in Miami so the Dolphins get natural shade and the visitors dont.

Every game in Miami in Sept and October should start at 4 if not a night game.

OR, at the very least, the rules need to be altered to allow shade on the visitors side. To argue the home team didn’t use tents is ridiculous. THEY WERE IN THE SHADE. One team gets shade? BOTH teams get shade. It’s an unfair advantage, period. 

I’m not whining about losing that game. In a way, I’m kind of glad we lost and eliminated the “perfect season” pressure. But every single early season 1:00pm game provides an advantage to the home team, and could result in serious injury/illness or even death. If you think that is fair and safe, DC Tom wouldn’t even waste keystrokes on you. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.