Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Only 2 TD passes to WRs from MahomesĀ 

That's because they move the ball down the field in 5-10 yard chunks when then when they get to the goal line its either Kelce off of a rub route (pick play) or a shovel pass to a RB.Ā 

Just now, RiotAct said:

mmmmmmm, Capicola.

McDermis is good too.Ā 

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

McDermis was on WGR with Sal Capicola this morning and said Kumerow is only player ruled out for Sunday.Ā 
Encouraging.Ā 

McDermis? Is that the new skin care product from Ireland?Ā 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Will be interesting to watch Trent McDuffie.Ā  Sounds like he is playing this weekend for the first time since Week 1(?)Ā  Ā Does he make their secondary better?Ā  Sounds like he had a really good off-season, then got hurt in Week 1, I believe.Ā  Ā It's also interesting because I think he was the guy most of us thought the Bills would draft at corner, and most mocks had him going to Bills.Ā Ā 

10 minutes ago, K-9 said:

McDermis? Is that the new skin care product from Ireland?Ā 

Ā 

Maybe it's the one all those UK PFF guys are using now. I hear it's all the rage.

9 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

Will be interesting to watch Trent McDuffie.Ā  Sounds like he is playing this weekend for the first time since Week 1(?)Ā  Ā Does he make their secondary better?Ā  Sounds like he had a really good off-season, then got hurt in Week 1, I believe.Ā  Ā It's also interesting because I think he was the guy most of us thought the Bills would draft at corner, and most mocks had him going to Bills.Ā Ā 

Ā 

After not playing or practicing for numerous weeks and a rookie in his first NFL game?Ā  I think the Bills should go after him all game long. God help him if he gets matched up one on one against either Diggs or Davis too often.

Edited by Big Turk

59 minutes ago, Process said:

Enlighten me on the expertise you have that qualifies you to rate the bills medical staff as the best in the league? Please tell me how a fan, any fan, could possibly know or judge that?

Well, I suppose I look at how healthy the Bills roster has been compared to the rest of the league over the past few years. Yes, a lot of that is obviously due to luck and chance, but not all of it. Soft tissue injuries, for instance, as noted in the article below, have been dealt with well. Vet rest days, being smart with injuries that have the chance to be recurring, etc.

I don't think the Bills' excellent medical facilities and medical staff should be overlooked as contributing factors to the health of the Bills roster the past few years.

It also seems like they err on the side of caution more often than not with regard to bringing players back from injury.

Compared to the years leading up to the McDermott regime, the way the team deals with injuries has quantifiably improved.

Here's an article talking about this issue.

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/bills-enjoyed-the-second-healthiest-starting-lineup-in-nfl-in-2021/article_b37146d8-8e94-11ec-ac3a-f787068ebed4.html

Ā 

The Bills were the second healthiest team in the NFL in 2021 in terms of fewest games missed by starters, according to a study by The Buffalo News.

Ā 

The Buffalo Bills continued their impressive string of good health under head coach Sean McDermott in the 2020 NFL season.

The Bills lost only 36 games by starters, which counts both injuries and games lost due to Covid-19. Only New England had fewer games lost with 23.

In 2020, the Bills had the fifth healthiest starting lineup in the league, according to a News roster review. In 2019, they lost the fewest games in the NFL by starters to injury. In 2018, they lost the fourth fewest, and in 2017, they ranked ninth best.

Bills general manager Brandon Beane credits a team effort by the Billsā€™ training and medical staff. Nate Breske has been the Billsā€™ head athletic trainer since early in 2018. Eric Ciano has been head strength and conditioning coach since 2010. Joe Collins was hired as director of performance science in 2017. Dr. Leslie Bisson is the teamā€™s medical director.

Ā 

ā€œItā€™s a credit to our group,ā€ Beane said. ā€œWhen I got here, we had injury issues. Itā€™s something we took a deep dive on, and we built up our sports science department. We meshed Eric Cianoā€™s group, Nate BreskeĀ ā€“Ā who we brought inĀ ā€“Ā and Joe Collins and his group.

ā€œItā€™s important those guys are all on the same page, it starts there,ā€ Beane said.

Some football injuries ā€“ particularly broken bones ā€“ simply are bad luck. If a player is making a tackle and a teammateā€™s helmet smashes into his forearm and breaks it, itā€™s unavoidable.

ā€œCar crash injuries you canā€™t do anything about,ā€ Beane acknowledged.

However, the Bills have done an outstanding job keeping soft-tissue injuries ā€“ hamstring and leg-muscle pulls, in particular ā€“ to a minimum. Like all NFL teams, the Bills closely monitor the running and workload of each player every day at the team facility.

ā€œThey really follow the GPSĀ ā€“Ā the load that each player has,ā€ Beane said. ā€œYou see the veteran rest days guys get, and sometimes the limited vet rest that happens. We want the guy out there, we want to give him some reps, but we donā€™t want him running too much.

ā€œWe really, I think, have a good process in place,ā€ Beane said. ā€œThereā€™s a lot of communication. Availability is the No. 1 ability. Youā€™re paying a lot of money for guys to be on the sidelines.ā€

Ā 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, BobBelcher said:

29 inch Shakir vs 29 inch McDuffie could be on display sunday

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I'll be the first to admit I was wrong and eat crow. Obviously, that was an opinion not a fact. Aren't we allowed to give opinions anymore? How is saying the spread was too large a criticism? Talk about grasping at straws. Did you forget that I said the Bills would win?Ā 

There was a time you were right??šŸ˜²

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Process said:

This is beautiful. Hyde White and Phillips are obviously key pieces but this is the healthiest we've been since week 1. Hopefully White and Phillips are good to go after the bye and we are pretty much back at full strength.

Ā 

Ā 

Is Christian Benford slated to play this weekend?

2 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ā 

According to this guy, who I think is really good....

Ā 

I agree with @Process, this is about as good as we could hope for right now. If we can come out of this game without anything serious, we could be near full strength and health after the bye.

Ā 

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ā 

Dunno, but Benford has no game status, meaning he is available.Ā  This has me blinking, because he is still wearing quite the padding and was limited all week.

Ā 

Ditto for Dawson Knox who has been limited with a hamstring all week and Edmunds who had 1 day of full, today.

Ā 

I do wonder if McDermott is starting to play a little bit of games with the injury report.Ā 

Ā 

Last week it was "4 guys are questionable, so Guess Who!", 2 played and 2 didn't.

Ā 

This week it's "no one is questionable, so Guess Who!"

Ā 

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Watched the playoff game again, at least up until the final Bills drive.

Ā 

So many times in that game Mahomes extended plays that I believe this years pass rush wonā€™t allow.

That was the difference in the game and I see it as both a good and bad thing. Obviously bad because he killed us with his legs, but good because that indicated good coverage in the secondary as well. Iā€™m with you on this. If we get the same level of decent coverage in the secondary (which we also had in last yearā€™s regular season game, btw) and the D line contains him better, I like our chances.Ā 

8 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Ā 

How to combat Mahomes getting rid of the ball in <2 seconds.Ā 

Ā 

You can't.Ā  What you can do is ensure whoever the ball goes to gets stopped short.

Ā 

But I think the OP point in the post you responded to was all the times we gave Mahomes much more than 2 seconds.

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ā 

BOMBS AWAY!!! DEEP ALL GAME

Ā 

Wouldn't that be more a function of their safety play?Ā  Thornhill is solid.Ā  Justin Reid is a 5 year vet and capable, albeit he's no "Honey Badger".

Edited by Beck Water

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ā 

You can't.Ā  What you can do is ensure whoever the ball goes to gets stopped short.

Ā 

But I think the OP point in the post you responded to was all the times we gave Mahomes much more than 2 seconds.

Ā 

Ā 

Wouldn't that be more a function of their safety play?Ā  Thornhill is solid.Ā  Justin Reid is a 5 year vet and capable, albeit he's no "Honey Badger".

Ā 
Josh can just throw over their heads

18 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ā 

So many times in that game Mahomes extended plays that I believe this years pass rush wonā€™t allow.

Ā 

Yep....we know the Bills are going to score a lot of points, we know the Chiefs are going to score some points, but the improved pass rush should net the Bills a few more Defensive stops than the Chiefs will be able to generate vs the Bills offense.

Ā 

Go Bills!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Ā 

This is probably the biggest key to the game.Ā 

24 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

There was a time you were right??šŸ˜²

I must say it feels good to be right. Thanks!

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Process said:

This is beautiful. Hyde White and Phillips are obviously key pieces but this is the healthiest we've been since week 1. Hopefully White and Phillips are good to go after the bye and we are pretty much back at full strength.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

That's a beautiful thing to see!

Fasten your seatbelts Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.