10/9/22 Gameday Steelers at Bills Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Probably an ugly one today with all these injuries. The danger with Pickett is he won’t hesitate to sling it downfield and put pressure on Bills D.

Hard to sling downfield from your back, which is where he’ll spend a good part of the day.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Probably an ugly one today with all these injuries. The danger with Pickett is he won’t hesitate to sling it downfield and put pressure on Bills D.

Going to need time to do that and the Steelers OLine likely will not give it to him verus a fully healthy DLine for us.

Pickett is a good quarterback.  Daniel Jones is playing Aaron Rodgers and holding his own.  These 2nd/3rd tier QB's beat elite QB's all the time.  You need a great QB in today's NFL, but never count out these 2nd/3rd tier QB's.  They show up and have great games sometimes.  Bills need to get pressure on him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Pickett is a good quarterback.  Daniel Jones is playing Aaron Rodgers and holding his own.  These 2nd/3rd tier QB's beat elite QB's all the time.  You need a great QB in today's NFL, but never count out these 2nd/3rd tier QB's.  They show up and have great games sometimes.  Bills need to get pressure on him.

In what world can you anoint a rookie QB who has played one NFL game and thrown 3 INTS a good QB? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The “ trap game” myth has been debunked. Statistically it doesn’t exist. 

Also, the team is well aware that they're missing key people, nor are they likely to overlook last year's surprising loss to the Steelers. I'm thinking this is the first non-weather game for Josh Allen since week two. I think he's going to enjoy himself. And I think the pass rush will enjoy feasting on "Small Hands" Pickett. 

25 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm sure no one will ask if McKenzie being inactive is precautionary or he's still in protocol in the post game. 

24 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

And that's probably not a bad thing for player longevity and overall health. 

I mean Ryan Bates cleared it within a week the week of Tua's second concussion, maybe McKenzie just didn't clear it, that can happen.

4 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

In what world can you anoint a rookie QB who has played one NFL game and thrown 3 INTS a good QB? 

He is a 1st round draft pick.  He came into a game as opposed to this game where he has been practicing as the starter.  He can make throws.  Watch, you will be surprised.  He is legit.  Guys play much better when they spend a week knowing they are the starter.  

What is more likely:

1) Edmunds being out causes a slump on defense but everyone else blames it on Poyer and crew out.

2) his replacement makes 1 tackle and everyone says he is better than Edmunds.

Regardless, this is an audition for the Bills D w/o Edmunds. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, billybob71 said:

its the NFL, lots of parity and no JV teams here, wouldn't be surprised if Bills win handily but Steelers hangin tough and Pickett playing well would also not surprise me.

I expect Pickett to make a few plays, Bills to get a few TOs, lots of sacks and at the end of the day see they held him to about 180 yards passing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Boyst62 said:

Da'Rick Shakir gonna light it up! 

Thats an unfair comparison. Shakir actually showed out in preseason games. Da'Rick was all hype from pundits pegging him as a first rounder a year before he actually came out of draft, I dont remember him doing anything in preseason games either

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What is more likely:

1) Edmunds being out causes a slump on defense but everyone else blames it on Poyer and crew out.

2) his replacement makes 1 tackle and everyone says he is better than Edmunds.

Regardless, this is an audition for the Bills D w/o Edmunds. 

Number 2, because both can happen and people will say 2

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean Ryan Bates cleared it within a week the week of Tua's second concussion, maybe McKenzie just didn't clear it, that can happen.

I'm sure it can happen. My point was more to "is anyone going to ask McD about it?"

9 minutes ago, billybob71 said:

its the NFL, lots of parity and no JV teams here, wouldn't be surprised if Bills win handily but Steelers hangin tough and Pickett playing well would also not surprise me.

The Bills will struggle early. And people will be frustrated. It will be interesting. 

I don't think it will be the cakewalk people expect. Their schemes and team match well to us. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

Jacksonville had a passrush

Steelers have only 1 lass sack than us this year. Alex Highsmith is also tied for 2nd place with most sacks in the league at 5.5 (just 0.5 away from #1). 

They're not AS dominant without Watt, but they're still capable.

2 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Steelers have only 1 lass sack than us this year. Alex Highsmith is also tied for 2nd place with most sacks in the league at 5.5 (just 0.5 away from #1). 

They're not AS dominant without Watt, but they're still capable.

They had 7 sacks the first game and 3 in the last 3 games.  Watt gone is a big reason.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

They had 7 sacks the first game and 3 in the last 3 games.  Watt gone is a big reason.

That's true. I just see a lot about Hightower, & he seems to be able to get pressure on his own. I'm not convinced our O-line is even mediocre, so not sure how they'll handle him.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.