10/9/22 Gameday Steelers at Bills Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Being a Bills fan makes one neurotic. I was excited but respectful the 1st 2 weeks and we won handily against great teams from a season ago. I was cautious about the next 2 which we split on the very last plays. Today? I’m as confident as a Buffalo in a delicatessen- so I’m nervous as Hell!! What’s up with That??😯  Logically, a weak, injury depleted team starting a rookie QB on the road should be a feast for the odds on favorite in the Conference. It represents the 1st ‘cupcake’ of just a small handful of games on this seasons’ slate and the weather for this Sunday afternoon game is the stuff of Post Cards. (that’s those little 1 piece picture cardboard greeting cards from back in my day) Everything points to a one-sided blowout, one week before we return to the scene of the crime in KC. 

Unfortunately, today we may be even worse off injury-wise than the Stillers. Last weeks hero, Defensive POTW Jordan Poyer, was hurt making a 4th Down, touchdown saving, endzone pick which sent us on our way down to TBass delivering the GWFG, capping off a 17 point comeback! Poyer and Dawson Knox are both out today (AGAIN!), Edmunds is ‘iffy’ at best with a hamstring injury and we’re pullin’ WRs & DBs out of the supermarket! Vegas doesn’t seem to care as they’ve held fast to a 2 TD betting spread -Pittsburgh’s worse ever point spread deficit.

Now for the Good news! Ed Oliver is likely going to play for the 1st time since opening night, Mother Nature is letting her attractive niece run the show this week and she’s giving us a rare glorious Autumn day to enjoy the game, free of the crapshow her cantankerous Aunt is noted for! So pack the house, apply the face paint, break out the grills and ROCK the joint today! Blue on Blue tops white on yellow EVERY DAY!

Go BILLS!

https://images.app.goo.gl/WcK28zNpqKutqkSR6

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Coffee

Mow lawn

Hit the swing set for a few

prep for work tmrw 

get lunch/snacks/drinks ready

watch pregame/ shoot billiards

DESTROY THE STEELERS

bong hit

coffee

bong hit

heading to RI to Bills Backers bar

celebrate Bills victory and Columbus Day in Federal Hill, Providence

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Let's see how many people want the Bills to run the ball until they run the ball then start to complain about it.

I know.  In my perfect world Motor gets around 15 touches or dump off passes, they try using Cook again for five short passes, and the WR’s get the rest.  Since Knox is out, maybe we’ll see a little Morris.  I do t want to see Sweeney at all today.

The defense needs to take over today.  I’m sure Bernard will be fine is Edmunds isn’t ready.

• Like (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.