Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

41 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

It is though. A low-end 1st Round pick still comes with a 5th year option and cost control. A high 2nd Round pick does not.

The only way I’m trading a 1st RD Pick is if the guy coming back is here for more than a one season rental.  

We’re looking at potentially losing four starters in Edmunds, Poyer, Singletary and Saffold after the season.   

Hamlin, Bernard and Cook may all be in-house replacements, but that late RD1 Pick is a prime place to grab a top notch OL, S or LB. 

I just don’t see Beane trading a 1 for a rental, given his emphasis on being a long term contender.   And I would completely agree with that.   Now, for a guy on a team friendly/restructured multi-year contract.. I’m open to it. 

• Agree 3

3 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:
CallCall

Call me what you will, but this makes some sense. Some team is gonna offer Edmunds stupid money on a too long contract that just won't make sense or be doable....so we get would get nothing in return.

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

Lol she may want to pick players who aren’t out for the season.

1 minute ago, nosejob said:

Call me what you will, but this makes some sense. Some team is gonna offer Edmunds stupid money on a too long contract that just won't make sense or be doable....so we get would get nothing in return.

He’s going to miss significant time with a quad injury, he just had surgery.

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Lol she may want to pick players who aren’t out for the season.

He’s going to miss significant time with a quad injury, he just had surgery.

I forgot. I do remember hearing that, now that ya mention it.

4 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Jamal Adams is one of the most overrated football players in the entire NFL. He is terrible in coverage, is really a Diva unlike Diggs, and is more of a LB than Safety. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, nosejob said:

We’d likely get a 3rd rd comp pick.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/13/2022 at 12:27 PM, Herb Nightly said:

I would not trade a 1st for a RB and  wouldn't mind adding  McCaffery for this year ,at that low salary.

I would even be OK with keeping  Moss for depth and cutting Taiwan Jones .

My preference would be an upgrade on the OLine,maybe another weapon at WR or TE.

Is McCaffery good on special teams ????  How would we ever replace TJ?

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I suppose I'd risk a chance on him in exchange for Moss and a late pick 

The Achilles injury is still pretty much a career ender for most guys. There are one or two outliers, but it makes stars mediocre, and mediocre guys liabilities.

37 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I say “unlikely” if our history of always signing several offseason FA’s is any indicator…

Beane has made it very clear he has zero interest in playing the “comp pick” game…

I don’t think it’ll be an indicator this coming season.  We’ll see. 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

It is though. A low-end 1st Round pick still comes with a 5th year option and cost control. A high 2nd Round pick does not.

The problem with the 5th year option is that you now have to pick it up, fully guaranteed,  after year 3.    That's taken A LOT of the value out of it for teams.   Pretty common to see teams stuck with bad players on huge 5th year cap hits they can't escape.

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Positions where an upgrade could be helpful

RB 

WR 
Guard

Tackle 

Veteran accomplished DE in rotation to put above AJ Epenesa and possibly above Basham.  Robert Quinn comes to mind. Bears would have to eat salary / be restructured.  18.5 sacks last year. Only 1 this year. Bears awful. Would love to see another threat on the edge in our rotation. 

Veteran FS for 1 year

There is absolutely nothing wrong with our defense of line rotation

21 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Positions where an upgrade could be helpful

RB 

WR 
Guard

Tackle 

Veteran accomplished DE in rotation to put above AJ Epenesa and possibly above Basham.  Robert Quinn comes to mind. Bears would have to eat salary / be restructured.  18.5 sacks last year. Only 1 this year. Bears awful. Would love to see another threat on the edge in our rotation. 

Veteran FS for 1 year

I'm actually pretty happy with our current roster. The position I'd really like to see upgraded would be G. Find an upgrade for RG and I'd stand pat (barring injury of course). I knew it was a mistake putting Brown and Bates next to eachother. Just not enough experience to help eachother on that side.

30 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

I'm actually pretty happy with our current roster. The position I'd really like to see upgraded would be G. Find an upgrade for RG and I'd stand pat (barring injury of course). I knew it was a mistake putting Brown and Bates next to eachother. Just not enough experience to help eachother on that side.

For the folks saying "trade for a guard," it's fairly unprecedented for a starting interior lineman to be dealt midseason.  Even teams in "tank mode" need to protect their QBs and run a basic offense.  You just don't see quality interior linemen dealt at the deadline too often and it's not realistic to think it'll happen this year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

For the folks saying "trade for a guard," it's fairly unprecedented for a starting interior lineman to be dealt midseason.  Even teams in "tank mode" need to protect their QBs and run a basic offense.  You just don't see quality interior linemen dealt at the deadline too often and it's not realistic to think it'll happen this year.

This is true. We aren’t getting a stud guard at the trade deadline. Imo it was poor planning to go with bates and Saffold on a one year deal. We had a chance to get creed Humphrey two years ago but took Basham. Terrible decision. Last year we took Bernard instead of a guy like Dylan parham. This year, the focus of the off-season needs to be on offense. 

• Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

True. But if we are looking to improve any position or use draft capital, Guard is the one I would be looking for. Not an RB, WR or DL like some others have mentioned. 

18 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

This is true. We aren’t getting a stud guard at the trade deadline. Imo it was poor planning to go with bates and Saffold on a one year deal. We had a chance to get creed Humphrey two years ago but took Basham. Terrible decision. Last year we took Bernard instead of a guy like Dylan parham. This year, the focus of the off-season needs to be on offense. 

I think Bates was OK. Just didn't like switching him to RG. Thought he and Dawkins worked well together towards the end of the season and playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 hours ago, nosejob said:

It makes no sense to trade for a guy out for the season🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

It makes no sense to trade for a guy out for the season🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦

It also makes no sense to put any belief in a random Twitter offering, but that conversation is still happening because of it. Jamal Adams is the anti-process. Zero chance he is of interest to this regime.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

For any oline guys out there. Is there really NOBODY at guard out there we could swing a trade for that's better than we currently have?🤔

Again: no team is trading a quality interior linemen at this point in the season, unless they're on a terrible contract.  Even teams that are tanking/changing coaches have a need for interior linemen.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Again: no team is trading a quality interior linemen at this point in the season, unless they're on a terrible contract.  Even teams that are tanking/changing coaches have a need for interior linemen.

I remember wishing on a Mike Lou Potty trade for about 5 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What about a team like Denver and say Risner? Was just googling around guards and it looked like they were trying to trade him back during the draft. Again, I am far from being any kind of oline guru. Just looking for potential upgrade at guard. Not really even sure Risner would be better than what we have.🤔

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.