Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

8 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

I was so distracted by the McCaffrey rumors I didn’t realize Brian burns could be an option.

Move Rousseau inside on passing downs more often. 

Obviously it would depend on the price, but the guy is 24yo. 

Send one of Boogie/Epensea and a pick back the other way

They've already stated they aren't trading him.  But, I would offer 1st + Epenesa 

Throwing out possible targets  (Some of which are highly unlikely due to $) 

Robert Quinn

Cam Jordan 
Jerry Hughes 😄 4 sacks Would be really funny if we gave up a late pick for him. I think he'd excel in pass rush situations across from Von with Rousseau moved inside

Josh Jacobs
Kareem Hunt  (Culture flag) 
Cam Akers
Elijah Mitchell 
Antonio Gibson

Mike Gesicki 
Jerry Jeudy (I would offer a 2 and a 5) 

Michael Thomas
DJ Moore
Elijah Moore 
Brandin Cooks

Curtis Samuel
Kadarius Toney
Marquez Callaway (really intriguing)

Nick Foles 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

What is with all the obsession with adding DEs or WRs not named OBJ?

Our DL is set, and we are deep, we don't have a need there. While I admit there is a possibility of Beane being interested in OBJ, unless we lose somebody to injury, there is no way he's going to trade away draft assets for these other WRs mentioned who'd likely be our WR4 at best.

We are far more likely to add a Guard than a WR or DE, IOL is something we actually need. Somebody should compile a list of potential OL trade targets.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, 947 said:

What is with all the obsession with adding DEs or WRs not named OBJ?

Our DL is set, and we are deep, we don't have a need there. While I admit there is a possibility of Beane being interested in OBJ, unless we lose somebody to injury, there is no way he's going to trade away draft assets for these other WRs mentioned who'd likely be our WR4 at best.

We are far more likely to add a Guard than a WR or DE, IOL is something we actually need. Somebody should compile a list of potential OL trade targets.

Don't rule out safety as a trade target either

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Don't rule out safety as a trade target either

I know it's not the big splash some might be hoping for, but I wonder if the Falcons would take a pack of smokes in exchange for Dean Marlowe.

Bills need a 4th safety, Marlowe knows the system well and has produced in it when called upon (relatively speaking). His cap hit is just $895,000 for the season.

It would allow the Bills to continue to get their youngsters Hamlin and Johnson on the field, but would give them depth in case of injury or a backup plan in case either of them falter.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Throwing out possible targets  (Some of which are highly unlikely due to $) 

Robert Quinn

Cam Jordan 
Jerry Hughes 😄 4 sacks Would be really funny if we gave up a late pick for him. I think he'd excel in pass rush situations across from Von with Rousseau moved inside

Josh Jacobs
Kareem Hunt  (Culture flag) 
Cam Akers
Elijah Mitchell 
Antonio Gibson

Mike Gesicki 
Jerry Jeudy (I would offer a 2 and a 5) 

Michael Thomas
DJ Moore
Elijah Moore 
Brandin Cooks

Curtis Samuel
Kadarius Toney
Marquez Callaway (really intriguing)

Nick Foles 

Thanks for the list.

I don't think Michael Thomas or Cooks are realistic trade options around the league just because of the absurd dead cap hit their teams would suffer.   Saints can't make $36M in cap space to even move Thomas.  And the oft-traded Cooks bought himself some time in Houston with that extension.    He'd help a lot of teams but isn't worth a first or second round pick anymore and at $43M dead cap Houston would probably have a hard time justifying eating that for a mid-late round pick.

Jeudy is intriguing to anyone who followed college football or recruiting...........he looked like a generational talent at one time.   If they trade him now it would be to take advantage of some of his value before his 5th year option decision kicks in after the season.    If he goes somewhere and plays really well in the second half of the season it probably gets picked up.   If he stays in Denver and continues his trajectory or gets hurt again the Broncos likely decline it and he loses a lot of value to an acquiring team as he enters his walk year instead of having 2 seasons of team control.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Thanks for the list.

I don't think Michael Thomas or Cooks are realistic trade options around the league just because of the absurd dead cap hit their teams would suffer.   Saints can't make $36M in cap space to even move Thomas.  And the oft-traded Cooks bought himself some time in Houston with that extension.    He'd help a lot of teams but isn't worth a first or second round pick anymore and at $43M dead cap Houston would probably have a hard time justifying eating that for a mid-late round pick.

Jeudy is intriguing to anyone who followed college football or recruiting...........he looked like a generational talent at one time.   If they trade him now it would be to take advantage of some of his value before his 5th year option decision kicks in after the season.    If he goes somewhere and plays really well in the second half of the season it probably gets picked up.   If he stays in Denver and continues his trajectory or gets hurt again the Broncos likely decline it and he loses a lot of value to an acquiring team as he enters his walk year instead of having 2 seasons of team control.

Juedy is intriguing afffffffffff. Sign me uppppppp

On 10/8/2022 at 7:19 PM, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone tweeted at Joe Buscaglia claiming to have a source in the building at OBD that we are going to be making a blockbuster trade sending our 1st for an RB

IF that were true, what do you guys think?

1st, Moss for Saquon Barkley, 4th

1st, Moss for Christian McCaffrey

my darkhorse would be Dalvin Cook

does anyone know if $ can be retained on a deal? Or how does that work

Forget Barkley, Cook and McCafrey. Two 5and1 teams are not trading runners who are leading their team and having great starts. Why would anyone trade for Moss? They have to showcase the guy and get teams interested.

On 10/22/2022 at 2:55 AM, Warriorspikes51 said:

They've already stated they aren't trading him.  But, I would offer 1st + Epenesa 

Without considering money, that's a fair offer. But I don't see us bringing in any high-dollar guys at this point. He wouldn't be worth that as a one-year loaner, and we've already got a financial quandary coming up with us likely having to let someone go we'd rather keep. I don't think we could extend him when we're already paying Von Miller to be our standout rusher.

1 minute ago, Thurman#1 said:

Without considering money, that's a fair offer. But I don't see us bringing in any high-dollar guys at this point. He wouldn't be worth that as a one-year loaner, and we've already got a financial quandary coming up with us likely having to let someone go we'd rather keep. I don't think we could extend him when we're already paying Von Miller to be our standout rusher.

We don’t have to let anyone go. Beane can clear over $60mil with restructures/extensions without cutting anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

We don’t have to let anyone go. Beane can clear over $60mil with restructures/extensions without cutting anyone. 

Maybe Spotrac can create it for us by typing up nonsense and hoping it’ll stick.  It works on some, maybe the nfl won’t notice it.  We can just show them a link….boom…. 50M in rollover cap room. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Yeah all that does is kick the can down the road.  You cant sit there and just keep restruction people.  That catches up eventually. Continuously extending people leads to old players on your roster that cant play anymore and 50mil in dead cap.  Let the GM be the GM.  This isnt Madden football.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yeah all that does is kick the can down the road.  You cant sit there and just keep restruction people.  That catches up eventually. Continuously extending people leads to old players on your roster that cant play anymore and 50mil in dead cap.  Let the GM be the GM.  This isnt Madden football.

True, but I feel the majority of fans would be in favor of suffering a few down seasons if Beane pushed all the chips into the middle of the table and nabbed a SB victory. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

56 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

If it gets us closer to that Lombardi trophy imo do what ever it takes !! 
Rams agree 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

True, but I feel the majority of fans would be in favor of suffering a few down seasons if Beane pushed all the chips into the middle of the table and nabbed a SB victory. 

No F@&$! Kidding !!!
I’m sure everyone would be more then ok with any move Bean makes to see that SB parade down town Buffalo THIS YEAR !!! 
I’ve been waiting for over 30 years and I’m sure some of us even longer  !!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo Junction said:

And there is no suffering if the players are still good. You only get in trouble when the players decline drastically or you sign a guy like star lotuloleilei (Or your QB retires ala Brees)

Those other guys don’t know what their talking about. They should let the GM do what he did this past offseason again. They were probably saying we had no money this time last year too. 

@NewEra
@Scott7975

@No_Matter_What

Edited by Rock-A-Bye Beasley
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I don't see them trading any 1sts, thats not part of "the process'

1 hour ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Yeah, theoretically we could do that.

And it would theoretically be possible for me to buy a Lamborghini if I was willing to put myself into the most extreme types of debt. But it would mortgage my future.

Just because something is possible does not mean it's a good idea. Doing any of what you're suggesting is not a good idea.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

And there is no suffering if the players are still good. You only get in trouble when the players decline drastically or you sign a guy like star lotuloleilei (Or your QB retires ala Brees)

Those other guys don’t know what their talking about. They should let the GM do what he did this past offseason again. They were probably saying we had no money this time last year too. 

@NewEra
@Scott7975

I trust Beane to get it right.  He’ll make his mistakes….just like every GM in every sports history.  He’ll also continue to make sure that we have a pass rush.  Other than the impact of QB, pass rush is next in line with regards to championships in todays day and age.  

I don’t think there will ever be a year in which we don’t win the super bowl because we didn’t trade for a RB.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, theoretically we could do that.

And it would theoretically be possible for me to buy a Lamborghini if I was willing to put myself into the most extreme types of debt. But it would mortgage my future.

Just because something is possible does not mean it's a good idea. Doing any of what you're suggesting is not a good idea.

Then which players do you want to lose and why? I wouldn’t mind moving on from Edmunds and Oliver. But let me guess you don’t like that idea either.

4 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

When they weren't up against the cap and had a glaring need

Oh so you meant to say “I don’t think they have the cap space” 

• Eyeroll 1

35 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

@NewEra
@Scott7975

As long as we got Josh Allen throwing to Diggs we still make the playoffs even if our roaster is less then perfect !! 
There is no suffering in seeing a SB ring on Josh Allen’s finger  !!! 
GO BILLS !!! 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

As long as we got Josh Allen throwing to Diggs we still make the playoffs even if our roaster is less then perfect !! 
There is no suffering in seeing a SB ring on Josh Allen’s finger  !!! 
GO BILLS !!! 

Agreed. And the rest of the roster is pretty great as well. There’s no reason they can’t keep everyone currently on the roster if they want. I know that scares some people because they’re risk-averse. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

@NewEra
@Scott7975

That's just not true.

Nobody says we have no money. Nor is it true that there is no suffering if the players are still good. If every player were still good, that would only mean Beane wouldn't be forced to incur dead money. Dead money is not the only problem when your cap is in crappy shape. Far from it. 

Beane probably did overspend his original intentions a bit when Von Miller became available. But we didn't pick up CMC, or any of the many other high-priced guys still available after that. Beane still left plenty of re-structures and other ways to kick the can on the table. For good reason. We shouldn't use the money we have in a wildly reckless way. 

This team is built so that their excellence is sustainable. That's because Beane left those restructures/extensions on the table. He's financially conservative. And that's a good thing because it means we'll be able to react nimbly in the future.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

@NewEra
@Scott7975

@No_Matter_What

Ha I see you tagged me for disagreeing:)

It's midnight where I am and I am on cellphone. I'll respond tomorrow, but more likely than not we will need to agree to disagree.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

That's just not true.

Nobody says we have no money. Nor is it true that there is no suffering if the players are still good. If every player were still good, that would only mean Beane wouldn't be forced to incur dead money. Dead money is not the only problem when your cap is in crappy shape. Far from it. 

Beane probably did overspend his original intentions a bit when Von Miller became available. But we didn't pick up CMC, or any of the many other high-priced guys still available after that. Beane still left plenty of re-structures and other ways to kick the can on the table. For good reason. We shouldn't use the money we have in a wildly reckless way. 

This team is built so that their excellence is sustainable. That's because Beane left those restructures/extensions on the table. He's financially conservative. And that's a good thing because it means we'll be able to react nimbly in the future.

I only said we don’t need to lose any players that are currently on the roster. That’s not a crazy idea and it doesn’t involve being reckless.

Tremaine already makes almost 13mil this year. If you wanted to keep him how much more would it cost? Would that be reckless? Same for Oliver. He’s already set to make 10 million next year. I don’t think giving him a slight raise would be irresponsible. 

How did we go from “draft, develop, and sign our own” to “keeping our own would be wildly reckless”?!

30 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Then which players do you want to lose and why? I wouldn’t mind moving on from Edmunds and Oliver. But let me guess you don’t like that idea either.

You're damn right I don't want to move on from Edmunds, Oliver or Singletary. Edmunds and Oliver in particular would leave massive holes. Oliver and Edmunds particularly.

And yet they may have to say goodbye to one next year, already. Possibly even two, though my guess is only one.

But we've got no backups for Edmunds or Oliver (they don't see Bernard at MLB, I believe) and would have to bring in high-priced FA replacements or use a high pick to switch in and suffer the mistakes a young guy makes and the lack of veteran savvy. It would be creating holes that would then have to be filled.

Burns - assuming we could get him, and I know you've already said you're aware they don't want to let him go -  or someone like him amounts to putting ourselves into a situation where we get more and more cap squeeze and have to create more and more holes. Burns would help, but he's not needed. And there are guys who would help but are not needed at every position on the field outside starting QB and Von's position. We're already the #1 defense, a scary group, because they are getting pressure with the front four without having to blitz. 

If you can get someone who could help for cheap, great. No need to start spending like a sailor. Beane is conservative and yet still able to field a terrific roster with significant future flexibility. That's a very very good thing.

Edited by Thurman#1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.