Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

4 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

On paper or in the Madden video game, CMC or Saquon make a ton of sense. But in the real world i can't see making a commitment to 2 oft-injured RB's in a blockbuster trade, mortgaging high draft picks on them before the trade deadline. I just dont think its the answer here. We havent even made a commitment to run with the rb's we have now when its been successful. I'd rather spend the draft capital on shoring up our oline & drafting a rb on a cost controlled deal who can be the guy going forward.

I don’t disagree, but CMC or Saquon simply being on the field could help our passing game. Especially the deep throws. Defenses are not concerned about Devin Singletary enough to drop a safety into the box

Edited by Warriorspikes51

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone tweeted at Joe Buscaglia claiming to have a source in the building at OBD that we are going to be making a blockbuster trade sending our 1st for an RB

IF that were true, what do you guys think?

1st, Moss for Saquon Barkley, 4th

1st, Moss for Christian McCaffrey

my darkhorse would be Dalvin Cook

does anyone know if $ can be retained on a deal? Or how does that work

I have a source as well who says this is not true.  We'll see who's right. 😆

2 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

The Rams traded two 2nd round picks for the rental of Von Miller.  That worked out pretty well for them.  I don't know if I'd do it for a RB with our O-line though.

It's our backs not the line. 

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Not buying it. No way Bean moves a 1st for a RB. 

Would you trade two thirds and a second? Because that's what he's spent with picks for nothing (too early for Cook but early returns are non existent.)

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The only thing any team should trade a first for is a QB or a pass rusher. Full stop.

We traded our first for Diggs... so was that a bad trade?

56 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I am not saying we are making a trade, I was just pointing out, the trade is more doable than people realize because they are grossly inaccurate on the real cap hits.  

One one thing I have learned is to NEVER count out Beane's ability to be creative with the cap to get the players here he wants and to retain the players here he wants to keep.  He has proven to me that he without question is amongst the best in the business in working contracts to work with our cap.

Something people are also over looking...the possibility and probability that Carolina will likely have to pay part of CMC's salary to trade him.  They won't save a ton off their cap, but will get his numbers off the books in future seasons.  And why would Car do that?  Because they are desperate for draft picks.  They only have 4 draft picks in 2023, including no 3rd and 5 picks in 2024 including no 4th.  They are staring down a major rebuild essentially without the ammo to do it.  So the higher value of CMC to Carolina right now is not on the field where its not helping them win games...but in moving him for pick(s) to help with the rebuild.  

So for me...anyone looking at the "cap" as the road block to a CMC trade doesn't really understand his cap hit and the options that are possible.  But more importantly, they are grossly overlooking Beane's abiltiy to figure that out when its for someone he wants on this football team.  None of this means we are trading for Beane, just means the "cap" panic around here is being over stated and not as unsurmountable as many think it is.

yes absolutely. The cap is largely BS, especially for good teams with players that want to stick around. The salary cap is just “accounting” as some insider put it before this season started. 💯 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

I fell like Beane will pull a trade or two but don’t see him trading any 1-3 round picks. Not a wise move with all the big salaries we are paying now. McCafrey or Saquan for a 4th and a player is what I’m thinking. 

if either of them can be had for a 4th or lower sure sign me up

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.