Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, motorj said:

Just what we need to get back to our old winning formula of run, run, pass from the 2000's or we could just use em as really expensive decoys in the backfield. These post always make perfect sense

Stop it, we did it once Sunday and I was furious, don't bring this garbage back into our world, some of us are sensitive after 17 years.

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone tweeted at Joe Buscaglia claiming to have a source in the building at OBD that we are going to be making a blockbuster trade sending our 1st for an RB

IF that were true, what do you guys think?

1st, Moss for Saquon Barkley, 4th

1st, Moss for Christian McCaffrey

my darkhorse would be Dalvin Cook

does anyone know if $ can be retained on a deal? Or how does that work

According to my eyes, our line is horrible at run blocking.

According to PFF, we have the worst run blocking team.

I know people like to automatically blame the running backs, but the line is not doing them any favors.

P.S. Josh makes them look better than they actually are in pass blocking.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

He spent a 2nd on James Cook.

It's not that far-fetched.

Imagine what we could have gotten with a 1st round pick. 

3 minutes ago, Peter said:

According to my eyes, our line is horrible at run blocking.

According to PFF, we have the worst run blocking team.

I know people like to automatically blame the running backs, but the line is not doing them any favors.

P.S. Josh makes them look better than they actually are in pass blocking.

Maybe, just like Josh makes them look better than they actually are. Our RBs make them look worse than they actually are. 

I don't know why people think the Daboll/Giants are going to give up Barkley.  Maybe I missed something.

The way I see it, they are 3-1 with a weak schedule.  When the trade deadline approaches, they are likely to be in the mix for a wildcard spot.  I don't see why they would trade their entire offense.  Daboll makes the playoffs his first year as a coach, he gets a lot of breathing room (see McDermott 2017). 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

Maybe, just like Josh makes them look better than they actually are. Our RBs make them look worse than they actually are. 

There is not a RB that i would trade elam for at this point.

Edited by FrenchConnection
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, mrags said:

I don't see a lot of room to run. An example from last year: we needed to convert a fourth and one against the Titans at the end of the game. Our line got crushed. In particularly, our supposed best lineman (Dawkins) got blown up.  That play was one of the most important plays last year as it turns out.

You could pretty much insert any of the top RBs in the history of the NFL behind this line and they would perform worse than they otherwise would. I am not saying we have a bunch of all pros at RB, but the line has performed worse and limits any potential our RBs have.

As I wrote in the post above, PFF ranks us dead last in run blocking with a grade of 47.5. To put that in perspective, KC has the top grade with 77.6 and the team ranked 16 is Detroit with 59.2.

P.S. I know some have issues with PFF's grades and grading, but they have us dead last. Not in the top five or top half or stop 3/4. We are dead last. Not a recipe for success. And that is with one of the better offensive line coaches in the NFL.

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

There is not a RB that i would trade a elam for at this point.

Normally I’d agree with you. But Dane Jackson has looked like a legit #2. And Benford was had for less than a family size pack of skittles in comparison. I’d rather go with that and a stud RB but that’s just me. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Someone tweeted at Joe Buscaglia claiming to have a source in the building at OBD that we are going to be making a blockbuster trade sending our 1st for an RB

IF that were true, what do you guys think?

1st, Moss for Saquon Barkley, 4th

1st, Moss for Christian McCaffrey

my darkhorse would be Dalvin Cook

does anyone know if $ can be retained on a deal? Or how does that work

I wouldn’t be surprised. Window is closing. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Sources tell me Bills are tired of losing to Mahomes in the playoffs. Bills are trading for him to bench him. 

I did this back in the day on some football game. Took the players I hated them and put them on my practice squad. 

• Haha (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, mrags said:

Are you positive? Because our RBs are absolutely horrendous 

I’m pretty sure the run blocking from Guard to Guard can’t be much worse.

And it’s not a good sign for the running game when it is legitimate debate about who is worse, the RBs or the line

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Peter said:

I don't see a lot of room to run. An example from last year: we needed to convert a fourth and one against the Titans at the end of the game. Our line got crushed. In particularly, our supposed best lineman (Dawkins) got blown up.  That play was one of the most important plays last year as it turns out.

You could pretty much insert any of the top RBs in the history of the NFL behind this line and they would perform worse than they otherwise would. I am not saying we have a bunch of all pros at RB, but the line has performed worse and limits any potential our RBs have.

As I wrote in the post above, PFF ranks us dead last in run blocking with a grade of 47.5. To put that in perspective, KC has the top grade with 77.6 and the team ranked 16 is Detroit with 59.2.

P.S. I know some have issues with PFF's grades and grading, but they have us dead last. Not in the top five or top half or stop 3/4. We are dead last. Not a recipe for success. And that is with one of the better offensive line coaches in the NFL.

Good players make things happen. Our RBs aren’t good. End of story 

35 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I’m pretty sure the run blocking from Guard to Guard can’t be much worse.

And it’s not a good sign for the running game when it is legitimate debate about who is worse, the RBs or the line

Yeah I know. It’s a terrible sign for the running game. Maybe if we had some actual NFL RBs we might actually be able to actually have a running game. 

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I get the running back part, but in some cases like CMC if Carolina is eating a lot of the money it’s not the worst idea. I highly doubt he’s worth a 1st rounder right now though. 
I don’t see how they maneuver the cap mid season to fit any contract of significance in though. I know they can free some space up, but I don’t think that’s something they’re gonna unless it’s an emergency. 

There was a report by Jason LA Canfora that said he has heard rumblings that if the Panthers keep losing and are 1-6 at the deadline that Matt Rhule gets fired and they trade McCaffrey and eat over $20 million of his salary to make it happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

There was a report by Jason LA Canfora that said he has heard rumblings that if the Panthers keep losing and are 1-6 at the deadline that Matt Rhule gets fired and they trade McCaffrey and eat over $20 million of his salary to make it happen. 

NFL teams are allowed to retain salary in trades? I thought that was just a hockey thing to lower cap hits.

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I get where you are coming from...but GM's don't (and shouldn't) think that way.  I am not even talking about the RB spot or if we will or not make a trade.  In general, the goal is to win a SB...what we have or haven't used draft picks on prior to today has no relevance to what they see today as a need to upgrade to increase our chances for a SB.

And we already know Beane doesn't think like this because if he did he wouldn't have used a 2nd round pick on a DE one year and then the next used a 1st and a 2nd back to back again on DE.  Same with RB...he is taken a RB in 3rd, 3rd, and 2nd rounds in each of the last 3 drafts.  

You do what you need to do until you have filled that hole the way you wanted to.  Now none of this means we are making a trade, I don't know how McD and Beane feel about the RB position here right now.  What I do know is that they are not using our personnel correctly thus far...too few rush attempts for our best RB in Devin, too many snaps for Moss, and not enough opportunities for Cook.

Before I would make a trade, I would make Moss inactive, give Devin 15 carries and cook 5-7 targets in a game and see what they do with them.  Because Devin has been effective consistently when given chances his whole career, but they keep forcing this 2 headed non-sense with Moss who is inferior to Devin in every facet of the game.  

And Cook has not been give much chance to shine yet other than garbage time against Titans where he did pretty well.  But that is also because he fumbled his first snap and then dropped an easy pass too.  But let the kid get some rhythm and confidence before we know if we need to make a trade.  

I get what you’re saying…sunk cost fallacy, etc..but my point is that you just drafted a guy high who’s expected to bring McCaffrey-like skills to the table and you’re going to cut bait before you even give him a chance?  That makes no sense, and there’s no way Beane does it, especially at RB.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.