Ravens star CB Kyle Fuller has torn his ACL

Roundybout

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Really hope the Ravens season doesn't get derailed by injuries for the 2nd straight year because I have them right up there with the Bills/Chiefs/etc as top contenders in the AFC.

Not convinced yet. 17/30 for 213, 3 TDS 1 INT against the worst team in the league.  C'mon!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

Kyle Fuller is a star?

He was with Chicago for maybe one season. 

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Really hope the Ravens season doesn't get derailed by injuries for the 2nd straight year because I have them right up there with the Bills/Chiefs/etc as top contenders in the AFC.

Until the playoffs start and teams remember how to defend Lamar.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't. They have no weapons on offense other than Andrews and their 8-3 record before Lamar went down last year was really flukey. They had a +25 point differential while the Bills at 7-4 were like +140

They might make the playoffs but they will pull their normal disappearing act once they get there.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He was with Chicago for maybe one season. 

The guy was averaging like 60-70 tackles and 2-3 picks a year for 6 straight years there.

I'd say those are Micah Hyde numbers but Fuller actually had a bunch more passes defended.

1 hour ago, Simon said:

The guy was averaging like 60-70 tackles and 2-3 picks a year for 6 straight years there.

I'd say those are Micah Hyde numbers but Fuller actually had a bunch more passes defended.

Like I posted earlier, he was an all-pro when he was with the Bears for several seasons. He was in Denver for one season and is now with the Ravens. I guess “star” isn’t the right word anymore but he’s still pretty good IMO.

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I don't. They have no weapons on offense other than Andrews and their 8-3 record before Lamar went down last year was really flukey. They had a +25 point differential while the Bills at 7-4 were like +140

They might make the playoffs but they will pull their normal disappearing act once they get there.

If the Ravens finished last in their division, I would not be surprised.

8 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I would.  Harbaugh is a top 5 HC in this league and the roster is solid.  They are not in the same class as KC and Buffalo but they’re a playoff team unless injuries derail them again.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, eball said:

I would.  Harbaugh is a top 5 HC in this league and the roster is solid.  They are not in the same class as KC and Buffalo but they’re a playoff team unless injuries derail them again.

JK Dobbins is still recovering from an ACL injury, and Lamar has not shown he cannot take the next step as a QB yet, beyond heavily relying on his running abilities.  I already think Cincy is better than BAL, CLE arguably has just as talented a roster, and Tomlin’s already showing his team isn’t going to go down w/o a fight.  Lamar needs to take the next step in his career this season, and I’m not sure that he will.

1 minute ago, eball said:

If Lamar simply is what he’s been, they are a playoff team.

We will see.  I’m not sure he will be what he’s been, as guys typically don’t get faster as they get older.  Not to mention the league figures out how to stop a given offense, so if that offense doesn’t evolve, staying what they’ve been isn’t necessarily good enough.  I do agree that Harbaugh has proven to be a solid coach, think they’re just in a very competitive division this year too.

19 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

The Ravens have just been ravaged by injuries over the last couple of years.

Hate to see serious injuries for any athletes.

When you see something like this year after year you have to question the training staff a bit. Isn't this a recurring thing for them?

5 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

When you see something like this year after year you have to question the training staff a bit. Isn't this a recurring thing for them?

It is and I think it would be a legitimate question.

I seem to remember a stretch during our drought years where we seemed to suffer an extraordinary amount of injuries?

• Like (+1) 1

I hate injuries and this could easily happen to us. 

12 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I would bet you on that. They were 8-3 last year with a ton of injuries before Lamar got hurt. It’s not pretty but that team just knows how to win a lot of games. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.