Preseason week 3: Bills at Panthers 8/26 7pm (local or NFL+)

YoloinOhio

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Um what would you like to know?  I hear he’s a ranch guy…

I'm not a condiment nazi lol all these players that say ranch say it cause they've never had buff blue cheese. It's disgusting in the south.

But on the serious side, I feel like I've heard the least of all draft picks about him.  He flying around making tackles? Holding his own covering Knox etc etc

26 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

They are one injury away from disaster at outside WR. Invested too much on D with Mack😅, JC Jackson 😅😅and Joseph-Day 😅😅😅

Watch #10 much this preseason? then there's always the OBJ possibility in November

8 hours ago, KCNC said:

Only 1 hour drive for me to get there, plus can't make it to any other games home or away so our only chance to see our guys.

15 mimute drive for me. Not going to blo this year,,those steps are a killler for me..or anone that has copd.

26 minutes ago, eball said:

Kiss of death: the ScottLaw endorsement. 

#Jets

#Browns

Ohhhh. I do remember him on the jets for a hot minute there. Conductor of the Robbie Anderson/Mims hype train if I remember correctly. Thank you for this. Had totally forgotten. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I'm not a condiment nazi lol all these players that say ranch say it cause they've never had buff blue cheese. It's disgusting in the south.

But on the serious side, I feel like I've heard the least of all draft picks about him.  He flying around making tackles? Holding his own covering Knox etc etc

They’ve been singing Bernard’s praises, actually. Early in OTAs he was making plays. Tremaine said he had an INT and that the LBers were battling for playmaking bragging rights - they had/have some sort of competition going on between them. When pressed by the media on who was winning that competition, Tremaine said he’d keep that in house.

In training camp there’s been a lot of talk about Bernard’s speed and his instincts. Supposedly he makes a decision and goes with it, fast. There was something coming out about him every other day in fact, that I’m surprised you missed it. Im sure all those tweets are still around.
I didn’t study him in the first game, but I know he had the scoop and score, I came away thinking Spector had the bigger impact.
Bernard was quiet this past game against the Broncos, not sure how many snaps he played and Dodson went in ahead of him in 3 LB sets, but the Bills have stated they’re grooming him to play all three spots, and he’s currently backing up Tremaine on the depth chart.

I think Bernard is coming along nicely and could be Tremaine’s replacement next year.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

with Mancz hurt (hopefully not serious), who is backup center?

That's a good question.  Van Roten and Bates can both play center.  Neither have much regular season experience at that spot though.  Van Roten played nine snaps in 2017 while Bates has 33 snaps at center (26 last year).

14 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Araiza has already become fully McDermottized: short, vague, nondescript, almost cliche answers. Yes, he is 100% bought into the process.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Did Bates do that also?

Yes, a bunch.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Has anyone heard or seen any insight on Terrel Bernard? I feel like I haven't heard anything about him????

I was going to ask the same question about Joe Brady. You'd think there would be at least a few articles about him bonding (or not) with Allen and meshing (or not) with Dorsey. But it's been crickets, as far as I know. Anyone heard anything? 

51 minutes ago, finn said:

I was going to ask the same question about Joe Brady. You'd think there would be at least a few articles about him bonding (or not) with Allen and meshing (or not) with Dorsey. But it's been crickets, as far as I know. Anyone heard anything? 

I heard he’s been bonding with Allen and meshing with Dorsey.

58 minutes ago, finn said:

Josh said they are already working well together a few weeks back,

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Is this post lifted from the ScottLaw of the Chargers board?

It’s pretty humorous to me how Scottlaw has repeated himself ad nauseam about the Bills offensive depth “problems” due to an emphasis on defense yet he sees the Chargers as stacked. 

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Anyone going to the game? I am front row Bills side at like the 10-15 yard line.

Naw, man, not making the drive over this year...not to see backups.  Plus I have a golf tourney earlier in the day.

37 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Anyone going to the game? I am front row Bills side at like the 10-15 yard line.

Yep, too close of a drive not to, since the Bills won’t be anywhere close to me rest of the year; I’m taking my oldest 2 kids who are 9 & 7, for their first in person game experience, which for an away preseason game should be pretty tame. first row of Sec. 510. 

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:
deleted tweets ...

Hey Bud.

I would like to suggest whenever you make a game day thread could you put the game info/start time and relative info regarding TV/Radio.

I always click to check the 1st post for that stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

Hey Bud.

I would like to suggest whenever you make a game day thread could you put the game info/start time and relative info regarding TV/Radio.

I always click to check the 1st post for that stuff. 

Hey Bud, 

I would like to suggest whenever you make a post requesting that someone takes action on, that you always address them as “Bud”. That way they know you mean business… 

• Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Hey Bud, 

I would like to suggest whenever you make a post requesting that someone takes action on, that you always address them as “Bud”. That way they know you mean business… 

LOL.. Its a term of endearment

and thanks Bud!

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Hey Bud, 

"Pal" and "Sport" are also acceptable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

They’ve been singing Bernard’s praises, actually. Early in OTAs he was making plays. Tremaine said he had an INT and that the LBers were battling for playmaking bragging rights - they had/have some sort of competition going on between them. When pressed by the media on who was winning that competition, Tremaine said he’d keep that in house.

In training camp there’s been a lot of talk about Bernard’s speed and his instincts. Supposedly he makes a decision and goes with it, fast. There was something coming out about him every other day in fact, that I’m surprised you missed it. Im sure all those tweets are still around.
I didn’t study him in the first game, but I know he had the scoop and score, I came away thinking Spector had the bigger impact.
Bernard was quiet this past game against the Broncos, not sure how many snaps he played and Dodson went in ahead of him in 3 LB sets, but the Bills have stated they’re grooming him to play all three spots, and he’s currently backing up Tremaine on the depth chart.

I think Bernard is coming along nicely and could be Tremaine’s replacement next year.

Awesome to hear thanks@ I hope we can find a way to get him in situationally this year. Maybe TE coverage, or blitzing situations. His aggressiveness with von and groot taking a ton of attention could be dangerous

• Like (+1) 1

Reserve/PUP list: Teams must decide by the 53-man roster cutdown deadline (Aug. 30 this season) whether to place a player on this list. Players placed on this list at that time must miss at least the team's first four games -- down from six in seasons prior to 2022. Unlike in the past, players can be activated immediately after such time has elapsed. Any player who is designated Reserve/PUP on or after rosters are reduced to 80 (Aug. 23 this season) will also be subject to the same four-game absence.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.