Preseason week 3: Bills at Panthers 8/26 7pm (local or NFL+)

YoloinOhio

• Simon pinned this topic
24 minutes ago, DJB said:

I’m glad we are playing Carolina, gives me a chance to evaluate future Bills vs the actual Bills

Kudos for the humor, but the reality is the Carolina connection is liable to decrease as time passes.  Nobody from the management and coaching staff remains from the time that Beane and McDermott were with the team, and few of the players are left with whom Beane and McDermott would have any familiarity.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BigAl2526 said:

Kudos for the humor, but the reality is the Carolina connection is liable to decrease as time passes.  Nobody from the management and coaching staff remains from the time that Beane and McDermott were with the team, and few of the players are left with whom Beane and McDermott would have any familiarity.

Right. And by the same token, it’s a pretty safe bet to expect a pipeline from the Bills to the Giants, with both Daboll and Schoen in place there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Wish they’d give us something more concrete on Tre. 

Agreed, but I don’t think it’s anything they’re trying to keep secret. It was a terrible injury -especially for a position that demands speed, quick stops and starts and fluid change of direction. I do believe the staff IS waiting on a ‘go ahead’ from the medical staff before allowing him to begin to practice. Clock is ticking and the TNF Opener is probably now in jeopardy.. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Joe B mentioned on his podcast that he hasn’t seen him do any work off to the side since 7/29. He said everything is more out in the open at SJF than it is at the facility but he said no one has any idea of his progress for that reason. Parrino said on his podcast that zero info on him has been leaked from the team. He acknowledged Jeremy fowler’s report that they expect him back soon but says he doesn’t know where he heard that since they’ve been so tight lipped on it 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Basically expecting our backups are a lot better and deeper than your backups to happen and see another Bills win even if they begin by playing starters in Carolina.

Backups should turn things around quickly in the second half in our favor.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Agreed, but I don’t think it’s anything they’re trying to keep secret. It was a terrible injury -especially for a position that demands speed, quick stops and starts and fluid change of direction. I do believe the staff IS waiting on a ‘go ahead’ from the medical staff before allowing him to begin to practice. Clock is ticking and the TNF Opener is probably now in jeopardy.. 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Joe B mentioned on his podcast that he hasn’t seen him do any work off to the side since 7/29. He said everything is more out in the open at SJF than it is at the facility but he said no one has any idea of his progress for that reason. Parrino said on his podcast that zero info on him has been leaked from the team. He acknowledged Jeremy fowler’s report that they expect him back soon but says he doesn’t know where he heard that since they’ve been so tight lipped on it 

Those early camp reports with Tre working hard off to the side and the Jeremy Fowler report had me encouraged, but the opener is coming fast. They’ve demonstrated time and again they are fairly tight lipped on these things and won’t rush a guy back (so that and/or medical clearance is probably most of it), but it sure would be nice to know if we can expect any contribution from Tre early in the season. Tough slate of games to start.

I know every guy coming back from this sort of injury is different, but I see guys like Logan Thomas coming back today in only 8 months and it starts to stoke my anxiety (Thomas supposedly had a worse injury that occurred later in the season than Tre - ACL, MCL, and medial and lateral meniscus). Like somehow, God forbid, Tre had a setback or the injury was more serious than we know. That said, corner has to be one of the hardest positions to come back from an injury like this with all the suddenness required of the position. The optimist in me is still holding out hope Tre gets back on the practice field by next week and is ready to go Game 1. 

Edited by TheProcess

1 hour ago, TheProcess said:

They can’t, why do you expect them to? Medical privacy rules/laws come into play, they are following the rules…,  

we will know when the announcement is made that he will start practicing, that’s as good as it’s gonna get..,, 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

15 minutes ago, KCNC said:

I'll be there at the game!

I've been to the last couple of Bills' preseason games down here, but this year I'm skipping it.  For one, it's a 2.5 hour drive, and with it being the final preseason game I'm not keen on five hours in the car to watch the backups.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Perhaps just as much, it also demands the corners to be strong tacklers, often taking on guys bigger than them (including blockers) with a head of steam that can put tremendous strain on knees and ankles.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.