Field Yates - "I truly believe there's no scarier player to defend in 2022 than JA."

BillsFan619

35 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

#3 on the coaches, execs and players survey AND

currently the MVP favorite according to FanDuel AND

the scariest player to defend in 2022 according to Field Yates

Anybody watch that? What a bunch of clowns. Have any of those 3 ever watched a Josh Allen regular season game in full? 

Good to know what casual fans in the NFL will be regurgitating this year. At least it's positive now. 

But good God man, the NFL coverage today. Abysmal isn't a strong enough word. Maybe parody is a good word. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Anybody watch that? What a bunch of clowns. Have any of those 3 ever watched a Josh Allen regular season game in full? 

Good to know what casual fans in the NFL will be regurgitating this year. At least it's positive now. 

But good God man, the NFL coverage today. Abysmal isn't a strong enough word. Maybe parody is a good word. 

It’s true that the kid at my gas station, and one of the new kids at the corner store are head over heels for JA17…. FWIW…

22 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

There is no chance Josh Allen is scarier than Aaron Rodgers.

I have no problem putting him 2nd though. Rodgers is on a different planet.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 8
  • Dislike 2

30 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I guess on his planet they don't play good football in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Really? Ever watch Rodgers in the playoffs?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Really? Ever watch Rodgers in the playoffs?

Yeah, probably 20 times. People tend to say QBs are bad in the playoffs when they go a lot but lose. Which so far is Josh Allen. The narrative will start changing every time he goes and loses.

10 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Aaron Rodgers needs to win a playoff game.

He’s won 12.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Imagine Bills fans getting angry because someone says Aaron Rodgers is better than Josh Allen?

The good thing is Josh is actually in that conversation. People can make legitimate arguments why Josh is better.

But I’m sorry, he’s not better than Aaron Rodgers, yet.

I have a feeling he will be better than Rodgers without Adams and his 1500yds/11tds missing this year. 

They did get Watkins though so maybe if you compare his career to Adams 2021, Rodgers could be just as good. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I have a feeling he will be better than Rodgers without Adams and his 1500yds/11tds missing this year. 

They did get Watkins though so maybe if you compare his career to Adams 2021, Rodgers could be just as good. 

Rodgers has created 3 different WR1 in his career, I’m sure he’ll create another one next year. Draft Allen Lazard in fantasy.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I love it but Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes are still the scariest in my opinion. Allen right there close to them.

I could get Rodgers being scarier, but not Mahomes.  He's good, but I'd have him 3rd in the top 3.  

25 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Rodgers has created 3 different WR1 in his career, I’m sure he’ll create another one next year. Draft Allen Lazard in fantasy.

I'm curious which 3 you are talking about. I have 3 in my head right now (including Adams).

Who were your other two?

10 minutes ago, Rigby said:

He has all the tools to be one of the top 5 QB's to ever play this game and no I'm not drunk.

It's 11:30 your time on a Saturday night and you're on a football message board in July... WHY THE HELL NOT?!?!?!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Rodgers is 40. Move on. 

So Allen has a shot at #1 soon hopefully. There’s still Mahomes ahead of him though and last I checked he’s pretty young.

23 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'm curious which 3 you are talking about. I have 3 in my head right now (including Adams).

Who were your other two?

Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson.

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I love it but Aaron Rodgers and Mahomes are still the scariest in my opinion. Allen right there close to them.

Yea gag me please… Aaron Rodgers…

Yea cause we’ve all seen Rodgers run people over and outrun just about everyone chasing him… Oh please gag all of us

12 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So Allen has a shot at #1 soon hopefully. There’s still Mahomes ahead of him though and last I checked he’s pretty young.

#1 at what? "Scariest" player?

That's a completely subjective thing. 

17 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I knew Nelson was going to be one of them.   Jennings was already on his way up with Favre in his last season and he just continued to grow. 

He did have his best years with Rodgers so I can't argue that. 

To the point of Mahomes,  he just lost 25% of his passing yards over the last two years losing Hill. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Scariest, best, all subjective. Honestly just being discussed as a top 3-5 QB is an accomplishment. He’s entered that group.

If you agree it's subjective, why do you talk in absolutes? 

Rodgers had a nice run. To still be considered a top 3-5 QB is an accomplishment.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, cle23 said:

I love how if you dare mention anyone over Allen, you just get downvoted into oblivion.

You didn't mention anyone but just wanted to prove a point that it happens even when people make good points. 😝

Edited by The Wiz

Look at us fret about if Gabe Davis can be a number 2. I would be super nervous to have to rely on Lazard as number 1. Davis has had more yards every year than lazards best year (last). I get that he’ll get targets (so not a bad fantasy play) but I would expect his efficiency to go down without adams. 

I think rogers is a game manager at this point of his career and he’s the best at it in the league. That’s why his ints are so low and why he has had trouble in the post season as of late.  GB will be good cause of a good defense and run game (and terrible division). But I don’t think rogers is as scary allen at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

He's won a Super Bowl, people love to throw shade at him but his teams have never been the most talented yet he's done quite well.

Now him taking 50M a year doesn't help the supporting cast situation lol.

I didn't know we were talking about Rodgers of 11 years ago. I thought we were talking about now.

Edited by TBBills

12 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I think that you might find those 2 to be more reliable (maybe). In terms of “scary” though Allen is capable of doing things that neither of them are. They aren’t capable of doing anything that he isn’t. They just have less games like Atlanta or Jacksonville. Allen, when he’s clicking, is the scariest.

• Agree 3

10 hours ago, Southern_Bills said:

He's won a Super Bowl, people love to throw shade at him but his teams have never been the most talented yet he's done quite well.

Now him taking 50M a year doesn't help the supporting cast situation lol.

2010 was a very long time ago.  Since then, Nick Foles has won a SB.  Brady won 4.

2 years ago Packers had the top WR, a top 10 running game, #1 scoring Offense and top 10 D.   Then Rodgers choked away the NFCC game vs Tampa.

You know who's not afraid of Rodgers?  the 49ers, the Bucs.....

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.