Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

2 hours ago, BlazinBill said:

Your not wrong at all- the Jets are toast though if they don't get White back -i feel like the last few weeks is going to be interesting on how that seed plays out and I'm willing to enjoy anyone of them getting beat by KC during our bye- Go Bills and Happy Holidays

That jets defense might give Miami some problems…I’ve gotta think they roll with Flacco if white can’t go who is not good but an upgrade from Wilson for sure.  Seattle is pretty bad and Lockett might not play again with a broken finger.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

5 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

109 Rec/ 1529 Yards/ 7TD with 2 games to go.

Will pass his most receptions in a single season (111) and has already exceeded his highest career yards receiving (prior 1479)

And he got paid. I'm sure he is feeling aok.

Yeah that $30 million a year I’m sure he feels fine 

On 12/12/2022 at 3:45 PM, FilthyBeast said:

Again, you don't put up the type of numbers he has this year by accident. 

Or apparently one does. 

Just look at what the fans at Fin Heaven are saying. Tua can't play consistently well enough beyond his first read. That's a long-term problem in the NFL. Miami is loaded with talent on offense and for the majority of games the Dolphins play Tua can get by against the lesser teams and that likely means a WC for the Fins. But they have no hope of reaching a Super Bowl with a one read QB that can't throw outside the numbers consistently.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Jets control their own destiny though…that’s a pretty big thing for Miami to lose the handle on.  Also if the bills lose to cincy and ne beats Miami,  Buffalo essentially gets to choose who gets in the playoffs between ne and Miami. Pretty decent shot that game gets flexed so we’d know if the bengals hung onto the 2 seed or not before we even played.

obviously if we beat cincy though we won’t be considering anything like that 

That is interesting. So in this scenario the Bills are locked into the 3 seed essentially and most likely a match up with Baltimore. I see them going 1-1 or even 0-2 to finish the season, giving the Chargers the 5 seed. I rather have the Patriots in the dance if there is a good chance, we would play them. But I rather have the Dolphins in if I am hoping the Dolphins can knock off the Bengals or Chiefs before the Bills have to play one of those two teams.

22 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Or apparently one does. 

Just look at what the fans at Fin Heaven are saying. Tua can't play consistently well enough beyond his first read. That's a long-term problem in the NFL. Miami is loaded with talent on offense and for the majority of games the Dolphins play Tua can get by against the lesser teams and that likely means a WC for the Fins. But they have no hope of reaching a Super Bowl with a one read QB that can't throw outside the numbers consistently.

That’s why the tyreek trade never made sense to me…it’s a win now move and they will not put the pieces together until tyreek is on the decline.  No draft picks to turn over the roster now either 

7 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That’s why the tyreek trade never made sense to me…it’s a win now move and they will not put the pieces together until tyreek is on the decline.  No draft picks to turn over the roster now either 

Which pieces do they still need to put together? They are not great at linebacker and they have been a bit beat up at corner. But otherwise that was a "win now" roster. 

11 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

The Tyreek trade is a home run. He's totally changed that team by himself. Look at how good he's made that offense with an extremely limited QB in Tua. They get just an above average, top 12-15 talent QB and they can be a real threat. There could be some guys available for them via trade or free agent signings. And still, worst case scenario, with an average to below average QB they do still seem to be at worst a WC team and they certainly have the fire power to pull off one of those Any Given Sunday upsets. 

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

The Tyreek trade is a home run. He's totally changed that team by himself. Look at how good he's made that offense with an extremely limited QB in Tua. They get just an above average, top 12-15 talent QB and they can be a real threat. There could be some guys available for them via trade or free agent signings. And still, worst case scenario, with an average to below average QB they do still seem to be at worst a WC team and they certainly have the fire power to pull off one of those Any Given Sunday upsets. 

You don’t trade 5 picks for tyreek and a first rounder  for Bradley Chubb to be a fringe playoff team with a chance at an ‘any given Sunday’ upset lol that’s literally my point.  They traded more than a full draft in trade value for just two players.   Tyreek is an amazing player but that is a win now type move when they are not even close to the best team in the AFC.  They just don’t have the resources to shore up the defense now and replace some of their big contracts with rookie deals.  They don’t have any cap space as it stands either.  

a tyreek trade like that would’ve been a good trade for someone, just not the dolphins.  They must’ve thought their defense was much further along than it is.  They are at or below flores win/loss levels now despite being more exciting on offense and trading away a ton of resources for much better players than Flores had.  It’s honestly pretty embarrassing. People seem to be blinded by a fun offense though.  

the offensive scheme is also kind of gimmicky and busted…I don’t think there’s really a journeyman qb that can run it any better than tua.  A volume quick passing/ timing offense revolving around freeing up receivers in the middle of the field comes with a lot lower margin for error than people seem to think.  One overthrow and you’re pretty much cooked which is what we saw yesterday. 

It’s early in mcdaniel’s career so it could go either way, but the dolphins are a lot closer to full rebuild needed than Super Bowl candidate imo 

• Like (+1) 5

8 hours ago, Nitro said:

Tua coming down to earth is not a surprise.  He has talent but limitations.  DC have figured out how to stop his effectiveness.  Miami should look for a new QB in the draft.

They can bundle their first round picks and select Tua's replacement later this on this spring.

Oh, right.  

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You don’t trade 5 picks for tyreek and a first rounder  for Bradley Chubb to be a fringe playoff team with a chance at an ‘any given Sunday’ upset lol that’s literally my point.  They traded more than a full draft in trade value for just two players.   Tyreek is an amazing player but that is a win now type move when they are not even close to the best team in the AFC.  They just don’t have the resources to shore up the defense now and replace some of their big contracts with rookie deals.  They don’t have any cap space as it stands either.  

a tyreek trade like that would’ve been a good trade for someone, just not the dolphins.  They must’ve thought their defense was much further along than it is.  They are at or below flores win/loss levels now despite being more exciting on offense and trading away a ton of resources for much better players than Flores had.  It’s honestly pretty embarrassing. People seem to be blinded by a fun offense though.  

the offensive scheme is also kind of gimmicky and busted…I don’t think there’s really a journeyman qb that can run it any better than tua.  A volume quick passing/ timing offense revolving around freeing up receivers in the middle of the field comes with a lot lower margin for error than people seem to think.  One overthrow and you’re pretty much cooked which is what we saw yesterday. 

It’s early in mcdaniel’s career so it could go either way, but the dolphins are a lot closer to full rebuild needed than Super Bowl candidate imo 

Team's are flooding middle of the field on the Fish. Dolphins have success early running game but they go away from it for no reason. It's on coaching ( part on Tua but giving him no help at all).

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Their offense is SO good that they have a negative point differential.

42 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You don’t trade 5 picks for tyreek and a first rounder  for Bradley Chubb to be a fringe playoff team with a chance at an ‘any given Sunday’ upset lol that’s literally my point.  

Disagree. Chubb appears to be a massive mistake. Tyreek, not so much. That's how teams are building these days. Bills with Diggs, Eagels with Brown. Going after #1 WR's in trade.  Dolphins appear to be a perennial WC team at worst going forward with Hill and that is all while having a limited QB. At least for the Dolphins they now know for sure they need to move on from Tua.  A lot of perennial loser teams would sign up for the playoffs going forward. 

7 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

That's not surprising but also has nothing to do with what Hill has added to that team. They are a 5 or 6 win team without Hills added dimension that pairs with Waddles speed.

11 minutes ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

To be fair though: the negative point differential is more about the quality of the defense, than the quality of the offense, right?

The Dolphins still have a top-10 (currently #9) offense for points scored

Their defense is #27 for points given up.

Just now, RiotAct said:

he has a career as a crash-test dummy in the future if this NFL thing doesn’t pan out for him.

Yeah and his post NFL career will be starting sooner than later if Miami keeps leaving him on the field after he slams his head on the ground. 

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Disagree. Chubb appears to be a massive mistake. Tyreek, not so much. That's how teams are building these days. Bills with Diggs, Eagels with Brown. Going after #1 WR's in trade.  Dolphins appear to be a perennial WC team at worst going forward with Hill and that is all while having a limited QB. At least for the Dolphins they now know for sure they need to move on from Tua.  A lot of perennial loser teams would sign up for the playoffs going forward. 

That's not surprising but also has nothing to do with what Hill has added to that team. They are a 5 or 6 win team without Hills added dimension that pairs with Waddles speed.

It is really maddening that people keep calling Tua a limited QB.  The guy has delivered everything asked of him by this team.  The guy has a 105. Quarterback rating through the season.  Limited QBs don't put up statistics as Tua has done.  Before their 4 straight losses, the guy had the best record in the AFC.

On 12/26/2022 at 11:12 AM, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Team's are flooding middle of the field on the Fish. Dolphins have success early running game but they go away from it for no reason. It's on coaching ( part on Tua but giving him no help at all).

I said the same thing during the bills/dolphins game.  I’m assuming McDaniel knows more than us casual fans 😂 so I’m thinking he just doesn’t trust his offense to pick up yards on the ground on obvious running downs.  When they run effectively it seems like it only happens in between the 20s against light boxes. 

19 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

He may have been but I doubt he was exhibiting any symptoms so it’s not an excuse for the interceptions.  Symptoms probably showed up post game 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.